Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

The amount of delusion I’m seeing online of people thinking this is going to be a surprise drop because news outlets are still saying it is coming in September:air:

Like she literally announced it for September, of course people are going to say it is coming in September because they don’t know Lana lmao. It is obvious she has decided to push it back for some reason. 

I had a dream this morning that Lasso was released in early October and had tropical country vibes (yeah idk it made no sense). It was produced by Dan Heath, and was a short album (only ~10 tracks). The only title I remember was the opening track which was a Prelude titled something like, “This Prelude Doesn’t Have A Name.” The album cover was some bad quality image of Lana and some random blonde girl (maybe it was Chuck or Alana? i dont remember). I remember thinking the album was really boring except for 2 songs :lel: anyways

Chemtrails Over The Country Club GIF by Lana Del Rey

I bet you any money the album isnt even called lasso anymore and she's scrapped all of the country songs (thank god)

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

if she WAS by some miracle following the uv/hm release tl where she announces exactly 1 month before, the last possible date would be the 29th august for a 29th september release :keyboard:

but i hate to be a debby downer and want to add there is a less that 0.1% chance of this album still coming i’m afraid 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

51 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

if she WAS by some miracle following the uv/hm release tl where she announces exactly 1 month before, the last possible date would be the 29th august for a 29th september release :keyboard:

but i hate to be a debby downer and want to add there is a less that 0.1% chance of this album still coming i’m afraid 

I don’t expect Lasso in September. A single : yes! 
An October / November release is still on the table I think. 
But things have to be set in motion like in the next three weeks. Passed that, well, see ya in 2025!

If we’re all being honest with ourselves we thought the rollout would be well on its way by now for a September release. It just isn’t coming :oprah6: insiders are dead silent, Lana is chillin, Charlie’s making music. Let’s hope for another one off single before the end of year and pray for something fresh in 2025 :sass:

Tumblr

Everyone seems to forget/ignore that we literally know that when Lana first talked about Lasso, there was a date set (September 20th). This isn’t a ‘Chemtrails out September 5th (a random Saturday)/Rock Candy Sweet July 4th (a random Sunday)” she didn’t pull “Lasso out September” out of her ass, her and her label had hopes it’d be done and ready by then. 

September was always a long shot (especially since the same insider who confirmed the September date also said it wasn’t done and would most likely be delayed) but I do think an album this year is still very possible. 

Taylor swift (I know I know) released RedTV in November and it sold very well, so I don’t think November is the kiss of death some people think it is

"Don’t forget me"

13 minutes ago, aGlassShipThatCanFly said:

If we’re all being honest with ourselves we thought the rollout would be well on its way by now for a September release. It just isn’t coming :oprah6: insiders are dead silent, Lana is chillin, Charlie’s making music. Let’s hope for another one off single before the end of year and pray for something fresh in 2025 :sass:

:meltdown::meltdown::read::read:

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

Everyone seems to forget/ignore that we literally know that when Lana first talked about Lasso, there was a date set (September 20th). This isn’t a ‘Chemtrails out September 5th (a random Saturday)/Rock Candy Sweet July 4th (a random Sunday)” she didn’t pull “Lasso out September” out of her ass, her and her label had hopes it’d be done and ready by then. 

September was always a long shot (especially since the same insider who confirmed the September date also said it wasn’t done and would most likely be delayed) but I do think an album this year is still very possible. 

Taylor swift (I know I know) released RedTV in November and it sold very well, so I don’t think November is the kiss of death some people think it is

See now this is the energy we need. Hope mixed with facts! :spin:

Maybe her saying that Lasso is coming September was originally true. 

BUT

Instead of announcing a delay she may tell us that she means the album rollout starts in September  

Lasso is going to be for all seasons so it really could come any time. Will it be perfect for sweltering summer nights? Of course! Will it be perfect to keep us cozy as the first snow falls? Absolutely!

I'm a September truther, an October truther, a November truther, whatever may be. All I truly know is that Lasso is still coming. 

:wipe:

I don't bother to listen to the Feb 1st speech right now BUT did she specifically say "album", right? If it was "record" Lasso then record means either album and song, because if it was a "record" then maybe title track Lasso drops in September. Idk, I'm probably hallucinating from hope.

Just now, DCooper said:

Lasso is going to be for all seasons so it really could come any time. Will it be perfect for sweltering summer nights? Of course! Will it be perfect to keep us cozy as the first snow falls? Absolutely!

I'm a September truther, an October truther, a November truther, whatever may be. All I truly know is that Lasso is still coming. 

:wipe:

I love your positivity, it's what we need the most here! :mariah:

2.gif

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

don't bother to listen to the Feb 1st speech right now BUT did she specifically say "album", right?

she specifically said album 

"Don’t forget me"