Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

I really am so curious about what caused the delay. I hope she didn't lose faith in her initial vision and change the album too much. She seemed so excited when announcing that they're going country, but now she seems to be backpedaling a bit by saying this isn't going to be much of a departure. I know her music has always had some country/Americana/Southern Gothic elements like she said in the interview, but the initial announcement did make it seem like she was entering new territory.

Just now, NikoGo said:

“Two singles out before the end of the year” does very much suggest album out next year 

but I don’t see it being much later than March tbh it’s clearly done and we’re getting our first single ‘very soon’ and then another single after that. There’s only 4 months left so single next month, single/album preorder November, album February or March :angie:

there's something in the air about march....cotcc on march 19 and ob on march 24 :oprah:

2.gif

OMG SOUTHERN GOTHIC PRODUCTION AND TWO NEW SINGLES SOON 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

the words southern gothic and americana explicitly stated and the ultraviolence vibes im getting from the photoshoot i am dyingggg of excitement at work :oic2: even if its not a huge departure from the sound featured in her last 3 albums i wouldn’t mind something dark deep and piano heavy like ldr9 but with a classic raw americana sound. imagine a folk gothic twist on tracks like the ocean blvd interludes

Southern gothic production means that Mississippi south production hopefully

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Just now, Embach said:

there's something in the air about march....cotcc on march 19 and ob on march 24 :oprah:

“He’s born in March and I’m born in June”

He= Lasso!! My boy Lasso is coming 🤠🫡

honestly, when i think of southern gothic, pin up galore comes to mind, that song has always reminded me of rural, southern landscapes, with deserts, cactuses, and telephone poles, it sounds like a mysterious, late evening with a dark, warm purple sunset, and it has a hint of darkness with her mentioning her desire to die... i love pin up galore <3 i really hope she will put out some songs with a similar, mysterious, slow feel like that

Okay while I’ve always been a Lasso truther (looking at everyone who was saying it was scrapped) we should’ve known better than to expect it in September :brigitte: now I don’t 100% trust her either on those two songs dropping by the end of the year, at least it sounds like there’s somewhat of a plan! I’m hoping it’s more of a January release rather than March tbh

if ethel cain's preacher's daughter album is southern gothic then oh baby we're in for an album of the millenium :oprah:

2.gif

But is Tough really on the album? It wasn't explicitly said by Lana only assumed by Vogue and the whole promotion was done by Quavo (it's also on his YT Channel). 

To be fair I don't really care about its fate cause I like it but it doesn't seem like it was planned for the album from the start.

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Sunbather Moonchaser said:

Wait was something confirmed or what?? 

Yes, see the Vogue interview thread!

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide