Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

That interview where she said she was unsure about where Lasso was going now that country’s taking over the music industry, and her putting emphasis on how this album won’t be too different from her other music and many of her previous song have had “country production” in that vogue interview def makes me think that she’s worried about coming across as inauthentic and trend-chasing with this album. That’s why I feel like she might’ve switched the sound up and is going for more of a country theme (and pushing the whole southern gothic thing) instead of releasing a straight-up country album.

sig-cropped.png

13 minutes ago, TrashMagiq said:

That interview where she said she was unsure about where Lasso was going now that country’s taking over the music industry, and her putting emphasis on how this album won’t be too different from her other music and many of her previous song have had “country production” in that vogue interview def makes me think that she’s worried about coming across as inauthentic and trend-chasing with this album. That’s why I feel like she might’ve switched the sound up and is going for more of a country theme (and pushing the whole southern gothic thing) instead of releasing a straight-up country album.

i think she's changing how she talks about it while the music itself stayed just the same. ig it's her way to fine tune expectations 

Just now, World At War said:

i think she's changing how she talks about it while the music itself stayed just the same. ig it's her way to fine tune expectations 

Yeah idk if she actually switched the sound up but I feel like either way the backlash she got from critics for being “inauthentic” with BTD did some permanent damage and she’s probs expecting this album to get a similar reaction which is why she’s already kinda defending it 

sig-cropped.png

Honestly, if she's really leaning towards actual Southern Gothic, I'd be just so pleased. Manifesting:

1. Lasso

2. Pull the needle and then turn

3. God bless America

4. Henry come on

5. In God's time

6. Flowers from the bayou

7. St. Louis

8. Great white teeth

9. I think that you know what to do

10. Oh so strange

11. Voodoo doll

12. My most sincere crocodile tears - also, sorry for your loss

13. Jesus 

14. House of the Rising Sun

Deluxe

15. Unidentified Flying Bill (feat. Barry-James)

16. A fucking blasphemy

Remember this moment when “Southern Gothic” became 2024’s “Witchy” :smokes5:

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

25 minutes ago, Eugene said:

She also didn't talk much about Ocean Blvd before the release. You all are simply overreacting. :brigitte:

And it is one her finest most personal works! 

it was so refreshing to hear her acknowledge the existence of this album tho, for real. It was getting bleak

33 minutes ago, Eugene said:

She also didn't talk much about Ocean Blvd before the release. You all are simply overreacting. :brigitte:

Lana prior to Ocean Blvd's release: 

• "I just knew exactly every word to sing for everything he played because the chords were perfectly arranged."
  • "Again, I just felt so lucky: lucky for the songs, lucky for these producers, lucky for the project."
  • "I felt completely unburdened."

Lana a month prior to Lasso's release (allegedly): 

• "Oh geez, what can I say now?"
  • "If anything, it will just be a little lighter lyrically"

she's unpacked a lot w ocean blvd. so I can understand how she might want to lighten things up a little. I still don't really know what a country song is, nor am I really interested if I'm being completely honest but. idk an intuitive guess' that she might have a dreamier kind of element to the music. I immediately think about ITTJ or strangely enough pink champagne. 

like a gas station on the road for the road kinda album. thinking art film direction. still thinking about Johnny Cash when she mentions what she does. 

after these many albums coming from her, atp really it's just about enjoying the music. so w how patterns go, I'm thinking maybe she'll just go around and encapsulate that feeling w the album. 'specially w how much she's just been loving to perform and be out there. 

might just be me, but. i don't think there's anything wrong with that. blue banisters and ocean blvd.'s been a steady progression of heaviness and so what I'm looking forward to's the possible freshness that this album has the higher capacity to bring. the quality's there. she's not so good w calendar's but really, she'll have something of quality. 

her descriptions aren't always the most accurate, and I attribute that to her being originally herself w how she does things. 

she just needs to put it out there, give it some love when she does, and let the music speak for the rest. I do hope we get some more legacy tier tracks, some kind of burgundy incorporated into the era. and an actual trailer and alternate artwork. 

but aside from that, really, it's just chill. she knows what she's doing. don't like the vagueness of schedule, but aside from that, it's all good. 

no amount of complaining's gonna change anything, she's stubborn when it counts so- yeah. 

FSiy5w3.giftumblr_nv0881L0Od1s4fz4bo1_500.gifVvJr.gif

33 minutes ago, Eugene said:

5 minutes ago, Mer said:

Lana a month prior to Ocean Blvd's release: 

• "I just knew exactly every word to sing for everything he played because the chords were perfectly arranged."
  • "Again, I just felt so lucky: lucky for the songs, lucky for these producers, lucky for the project."
  • "I felt completely unburdened."

Lana a month prior to Lasso's release (allegedly): 

• "Oh geez, what can I say now?"
  • "If anything, it will just be a little lighter lyrically"

And when a fan said they love Blue Banisters she said the next album’s even better and when she made that video about her hard drive getting stolen she said she really believes in the music that’s about to come out. I don’t think she’s unhappy with Lasso itself (we don’t really have any way of knowing), but she def gives the impression that she’s unsure about how it’ll be received.

sig-cropped.png

4 hours ago, DCooper said:

She's been working on this album for 4 years so I don't think it's going to be half assed (also none of her albums are half assed at all in my opinion.)

It sounds like this Vogue interview may have happened backstage right before she went on and caused the show's delay so it's not surprising that she would have a rushed answer with her head elsewhere if that's the case.

I’m saying this with love and light that Vogue interview was not rushed or on the fly in anyway. That was absolutely a preplanned interview approved by her and her team. Maybe it delayed the show but it wasn’t a last minute spur of the whim interview. That doesn’t happen with Vogue. This was her way of giving us a little update because the release date she promised back in february is looming. 

Tumblr

it bothers me that she even mentioned september back in february if she's only going to put out 2 singles by the end of the year. like... maam what are you doing????

like it isn't anything new for her to randomly say something and not mean it, but it's frustrating when you expect to see something because you think someone has enough time before the deadline /release date (nearly 6-7 months is enough time to know your rollout plans for something), but clearly something has changed. i wonder if boz has any info to tell us - has she changed the tracklist? have songs moved on and off the album? has it been sitting, finished, and she doesn't want to release it just yet? what the fuck is even happening at this point??

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 hours ago, Mer said:

Remember this moment when “Southern Gothic” became 2024’s “Witchy” :smokes5:

From the makers of  Catholic Psychedelic Synth Folk comes all new Pentacostal Opioid Accoustic Pop

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg

5 minutes ago, Liz Taylor Blues said:

From the makers of  Catholic Psychedelic Synth Folk comes all new Pentacostal Opioid Accoustic Pop

I can’t wait for LDR11 to be prolapsed neo-emo punk 

I actually am excited about the idea of a llighter album. It is easy an artist to get trapped in the mythos of darkness being more artistic or important or deeper. That's nonsense. There is a balance to it all. An alchemy. A synthesis.  Especially after such a dark and vulnurable masterpiece such as Ocean Boulevard Lana (and us) likely need a palate cleanser. You need both the light and the dark. The yin and the yang. Ultraviolence and  Honeymoon. It also will likely lead to a lot more music. The type of brutal honesty and openess of OB is absolutely draining to a creative. Its important to remember that The artist makes the art. the art does not make the art. The channel has an impact on the message.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/59/40/90/5940903240da03ab6f8c1a9c79a31773.jpg