Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

3 hours ago, barttttender said:

At least we had a bunch of snippets to tie us over. And we got Mariner's and VB quite early on, if I remember well.

And we knew the album title for a long, long time. Doin' Time was also floating around...

We knew that it was gonna be surf rock-ish, based on the singles alone.

It was a drought but we were fed.

Many people tend to remember NFR’s rollout by remembering the beginning and the end, which were very nice… but they were separated by almost a year. 

Fall after VB and MAC was eventful, with the many snippets of NFR, which made us believe the album was indeed coming « top of the year », like she had said to Zane Lowe in interview … but when the new year started, this is when it became hell. After Hope, nothing was happening, nada, niente, except for sparse interviews because of her Gucci campaign and Violets coming at some point.  It’s only in late July that she mentioned, for a couple of times, between songs at her festival shows, that Norman was coming in August. By then, we had had at least one or two false release dates that major media’s snowballed with, making us believe they were true. And let’s not forget the endless bickering and locking up of the pre-release thread. We were in the pits. 
And even after that, when the preorder had happened, there were still many missteps from her team (FIILY and the greatest being postponed but being leaked by streamers that didn’t get the memo). 

2 minutes ago, 111 said:

what do y'all talk about every day in here

0uCddEV.gif

Behind the iron Lasso gates - insights from an institution pre-release thread

2.gif

1 hour ago, barttttender said:

If it's two singles by the year-end, then it's October and December babes.

That being said, tomorrow it'll be exactly 2 months since Tough dropped. So, maybe this will drop mid September, and the second single will drop mid-November. That would still fit the bill.

If we get any kind of promo/announcement, then bet on Sept. But if there's no promo, aka if we' continue to suffer in this good-for-nothing desert fucking rolling bush zone, then forget about hearing anything till mid/late Oct.

Yeah thats realistic! I think first single either September or October (although I need it this month 😣) and yeah defo second single most probs late November or December (after election)

49 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I think we have more chances of finding out with @hotshot2am, by going through her website for any updates :true: 

The usual and reliable insiders from passed eras are almost nowhere to be found these days (it really feels like Lana’s team reached out to them to keep quiet 🤐, although I have no proof to back it up)… and the only « is insiders » we got these days really raise a lot of suspicions, so I don’t know :stareney2:

Yeah as much as I hate songs from upcoming albums being leaked! I’ve got to admit I love a good insider who gives us that slither of info when we’re rlly in the trenches. Jinn was good but 1. We dk if he was fake and 2. He only knew about 3 songs rlly and no release dates or anything (just rough theories based on info they had)

I’ve got to admit that the insiders during OB era were very helpful but sometimes they gave a bit TOO much info and rlly all we need for now is an insider who can give us a release date or some shit before I lose my mind 💀💀💀 

i wonder what the underlying influences will be on this album tbh. like, are we getting cutesy fun old school country or are we getting dark, fucked up country? who knows at this point

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

41 minutes ago, 111 said:

what do y'all talk about every day in here

0uCddEV.gif

Oh…

Just theories or ideas :D

Spoiler

We’re all quite delusional and we spread our delusions amongst ourselves, and in reality we’re slowly going insane :toofloppy:

In a perfect world we’d get a single this month since it’s been 2 months since tough, then another single and album preorder in November, and then the album in January. Two months between each droplet is the perfect amount. 

But we don’t live in a perfect world so we’re probably going to get both singles December 27th with no video or album preorder 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

In a perfect world we’d get a single this month since it’s been 2 months since tough, then another single and album preorder in November, and then the album in January. Two months between each droplet is the perfect amount. 

But we don’t live in a perfect world so we’re probably going to get both singles December 27th with no video or album preorder 

:icant:

30 minutes ago, American Whore said:

i wonder what the underlying influences will be on this album tbh. like, are we getting cutesy fun old school country or are we getting dark, fucked up country? who knows at this point

And let’s not ask Lana: let’s just say she is very creative when talking about her albums :omfg2: Not that it’s false, just not the whole picture 

51 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

:eyeroll2:

I love it when people are optimistic!

Screenshot-20240827-142854-Instagram.jpg

17 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I just remembered the White Dress situation and a shiver went down my spine:slayty: If we don’t get those singles….

White dress is so underrated. Her vocals remind me of a softer Janis Joplin. She sings similarly in the other version she did of summertime.

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

And album in July!

I want magical fairytale icicle synths. Well, I know that they're not going to be on the Southern Gothic country themed Lasso but I can dream, you know...

2.gif

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

I want magical fairytale icicle synths. Well, I know that they're not going to be on the Southern Gothic country themed Lasso but I can dream, you know...

Lana has this amazing ability to fuse so many elements into her music, so who knows :brows:

11 hours ago, Mer said:

Sorry but absolutely no to anything religion based again :runs: We have to live with giving money to Judah Smith already, we don’t need to send him more cash bc she does an entire album with interpolations of his ramblings. 

i think it's fine if it's religious in a god knows i tried, religion, body electric, gods and monsters, and i talk to jesus sort of way