Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

If the Fenway song is on Lasso... who produced it? Like I can't see Jack, Luke or Drew doing that :hide: It doesn't even sound like Zach so it has to be one of her old producers but unless it's an old song (like HIAB, Yosemite) is weird that she went back to Rick for one track only since they used to write whole albums together.

Unless there's multiple Rick songs :dance:

It sounds like Tim Larcombe but I really doubt he's back... even though it would be a dream come true :icant:

giphy.gif

Tim Larcombe supremacy, I indeed need him back for Lasso tbh. His production sounds always so lush

2.gif

1 minute ago, jimmyjimmycocoapuff said:

Lasso Cover Reveal :oprah4::oprah::oprah9:

Hide contents

wRW15y.jpg

Just kidding- a Lynchian inspired album w visuals would GAG tho- it would probably solve world peace tbh 

I need Twin Peaks references or soundscape on Lasso so much oh my gawd. At least onee :lange: last year Lana talked about David Lynch and the red curtains

2.gif

Just now, Embach said:

I need Twin Peaks references or soundscape on Lasso so much oh my gawd. At least onee :lange: last year Lana talked about David Lynch and the red curtains

I was listening to the show's soundtrack on vinyl last night and I was thinking how interesting it would be for her to make a Julee Cruise style album- she has the voice for it too. It would be soooo dreamy, I can't even imagine.  How To Disappear always reminds me of TP- if only she had more songs like that :oprah:

2e51cd1e8138f1fc806912eadd82fc13.gif

Like TV in black and white...

I looked into what Southern Gothic means and it's a new term but I think the gist of it is that it's a mix of genres, like early jazz, americana, country, old folk, bluegrass. I guess that's the sound I think of when I envision Southern Gothic. Ideally for me she references older styles, like old, darker folk songs. It would go so well with the mysterious aura she has always had, and it would fit a darker sound too. A mix of New Orleans jazz, Robert Johnson's delta blues with that beautiful acoustic guitar, the darker tone of the House of The Rising Sun by The Animals, and Johnny Cash's American albums, but everything with that distinct Lana twist that makes her so unique.

More manifestation:

Contém uma imagem de:  Contém uma imagem de: Stephen Vaughan. USA. Joe MORTON. 'Crossroads'. 1986

Contém uma imagem de:  Contém uma imagem de:

616fd6f9f97232f6e74da18866f3cc83.gif

𝕴 𝖆𝖒 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖑𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖍𝖎𝖉𝖊𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖚𝖓𝖎𝖛𝖊𝖗𝖘𝖆𝖑 𝖘𝖊𝖈𝖗𝖊𝖙 𝖔𝖋 𝖆𝖑𝖑 𝖙𝖎𝖒𝖊

38 minutes ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

When she reworks Queen of Disaster then what 

“Queen of Disaster Southern Gothic country pop swamp edition” we all say in unison!

9 hours ago, Make me your Dream Life said:

When she reworks Queen of Disaster then what 

One redditor was manifesting that for Lasso!

2.gif

At least we have a couple of quavo singles to hold us off until the album.

Whatever she’s cooking up to say that it’s American gothic is going to be legendary.

it reminds me of future jazz

like she used that term perfectly for me

anyways, I’m waiting impatiently 

IM STRONGER THANgiphy.gifALL MY MEN...

17 hours ago, Cult Leader said:

I looked into what Southern Gothic means and it's a new term but I think the gist of it is that it's a mix of genres, like early jazz, americana, country, old folk, bluegrass. I guess that's the sound I think of when I envision Southern Gothic. Ideally for me she references older styles, like old, darker folk songs. It would go so well with the mysterious aura she has always had, and it would fit a darker sound too. A mix of New Orleans jazz, Robert Johnson's delta blues with that beautiful acoustic guitar, the darker tone of the House of The Rising Sun by The Animals, and Johnny Cash's American albums, but everything with that distinct Lana twist that makes her so unique.

More manifestation:

Contém uma imagem de:  Contém uma imagem de: Stephen Vaughan. USA. Joe MORTON. 'Crossroads'. 1986

Contém uma imagem de:  Contém uma imagem de:

A lot of folk songs that came here from the British Isles and then blossomed in Appalachia are about rape, murder, ghosts, fairies, tribal war and slaughter, treachery, betrayal, etc., and have musically shifted into 'Americana' and early country music since the 17th century. The House of the Rising Sun is an excellent example of that and the Animals did it justice. It sounds as if you would know that Robert Johnson claimed to have sold his soul to the Devil at the crossroads. 

You're absolutely right about the mix of genres that bleed into what we're now calling Southern Gothic, and of course the South also has the loss in the Civil War and the destruction of their previous way of life in their past, with an estimated 260,000 Southern soldiers dead. If you've ever seen the Ken Burns documentary about the Civil War, then you've seen stills of dozens or hundreds of amputated legs in one pile and a nearly equal pile of severed arms in another. And another 360,000 soldiers were killed in the North. Then Sherman marched to the sea and burned everything in his path, including Atlanta.

Consider all the slaves who died of torture or neglect or both, and add New Orleans Voodoo and Southern Hoodoo to the mix, as well as Christianity and gospel music. 

Earlier, there were pirates and privateers in the area when Florida was part of the Spanish Main. 

So it's easy to see why the American South feels haunted--all those crumbling old graveyards along the coast and the Smoky Mountains themselves--and I hope Lana legitimately taps into its rich atmosphere and history. There's no other part of America like it. 

But knowing Lana, I'm not holding my breath, especially after the apparent shift she's made about the project. As I said yesterday, it could be that half or more of the original concept has been chucked out the window. 

Read somewhere that LG7 is coming in Q1 of 2025. Watch Lana postpone Lasso to 2026 because she wants everyone to have their moment. She’s just that sweet. 
Also

Now that Ariana, Billie, Taylor, Charlie, Sabrina, Beyoncé have had their albums released and eras over can she please go back to working on Lasso album rollout without having to think twice about anything? 😭😭

But truthfully, when I'm in the middle of making a record - especially now, when the world is in the middle of such a tumultuous period - I find I really need to take the space for myself, far away from real life to consider what my contribution to the world should be in these dark times.

So each morning I have the luxury of asking myself, "What shall I cook up for the kids today? Something with a little spice? Something with a little bitterness but is ultimately sweet? Or shall I take the day off and turn down the fire, and just take a moment to send my love to them over the ether?" 

life imitates art :ma:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23