Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

11 hours ago, trust no terrence said:

Screenshot-20240914-165359-Chrome.jpg

I'm afraid this is getting closer to being true than we'd like to admit...

I truly believe Lasso is still happening. Lana or someone on her team needs to release an official statement giving us some information on it (however, knowing Lana we’ll probably get confirmation through a fan who stumbled across her and asked lmao)

giphy.gif
   ⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒓𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 ‧₊°  

1 hour ago, mssainttropez said:

I truly believe Lasso is still happening. Lana or someone on her team needs to release an official statement giving us some information on it (however, knowing Lana we’ll probably get confirmation through a fan who stumbled across her and asked lmao)

Wasn’t it the Vogue (very short) interview? :stareney2: 

On 5/8/2024 at 12:16 AM, Embach said:

She will definitely talk about Lasso on tour. Remember when she said in June 2019 that NFR will be released in August and she did!

lol this did not age well, she didn't talk about Lasso on tour at all :bebe: we only got the vague Vogue (nice wordplay) interview in Paris about Southern Gothic and 2 singles 

2.gif

On 9/14/2024 at 10:53 AM, Crys10 said:

IMG-6369.jpg

this made me generate a fake ass track list from chatgpt

im claiming Midnight Rodeo, Whiskey Dreams and Ghost town romance :angie:

WILDFLOWER HEART- WILDFLOWER WILDFIRE AND WILD HEART MASHED UP TOGETHER 

JUST LIKE TACO TRUCK X VB:trisha:

I just hope this album serves good and clear sounding production and good mixing ( no muffled sounds):true:

Also since she said she is leaning into a more country and americana sound I expect the majority of the songs being guitar based instead of piano based (or that's what I hope for).

The southern gothic when it comes to Lana reminded me of I Talk To Jesus vibes or somehow Fishtail. Like the intro and outro of Fishtail (so without the trap beat),  with more ambient noises (some synth, water noises, swamp noises etc. ) , an organ, a violin and a guitar added

If we get a few "bops" maybe they will be in the vein of Tulsa Jesus Freak x If You Lie Down With Me or Dance Till We Die bridge

I don't know what to say else anymore, we really have to wait and see what is coming (and hopefully soon). And here's to hope that once the rollout starts it will make up for the long ass drought and delay. Like an album trailer, singles with a music video, a couple of interviews and Lana showing some excitement on Instagram and to go fully delulu an insta livestream but hope is a dangerous thing:tiffany4:

j9Fpjea9OY.webp

"Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon."

45 minutes ago, Pico Ocean Boulevard said:

I just hope this album serves good and clear sounding production and good mixing ( no muffled sounds):true:

Also since she said she is leaning into a more country and americana sound I expect the majority of the songs being guitar based instead of piano based (or that's what I hope for).

The southern gothic when it comes to Lana reminded me of I Talk To Jesus vibes or somehow Fishtail. Like the intro and outro of Fishtail (so without the trap beat),  with more ambient noises (some synth, water noises, swamp noises etc. ) , an organ, a violin and a guitar added

If we get a few "bops" maybe they will be in the vein of Tulsa Jesus Freak x If You Lie Down With Me or Dance Till We Die bridge

I don't know what to say else anymore, we really have to wait and see what is coming (and hopefully soon). And here's to hope that once the rollout starts it will make up for the long ass drought and delay. Like an album trailer, singles with a music video, a couple of interviews and Lana showing some excitement on Instagram and to go fully delulu an insta livestream but hope is a dangerous thing:tiffany4:

Аll I need is a few Lust for Life/country style bops ala Tough and Fenway opening +  a strong collab (Billie, Abel?), and the Prettiest Girl in Country music.

Literally, these 4 and I'm sorted. Come on, Lanita, don't overthink it.

the album must be good (as usual) and the general atmosphere new and original 

the rest is scum which I am not sure  shows much enthusiasm

just an opinion regarding the last few years

3 hours ago, Pico Ocean Boulevard said:

A-men. No muffled sounds. 

I want a hauntingly beautiful single that blends Southern Gothic with cinematic strings and subtle electronica undertones:nails: I want songs that evoke Americana nostalgia, the yearning for something lost but never forgotten—the same feeling I get when listening to Ride, Video Games, Oh Say Can You See, Pawn Shop Blues, Yayo (AKA version), Bel Air, Blue Jeans, Young & Beautiful, Honeymoon, Terrance Loves You, The Greatest.

Tumblr

2 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

So... which Wild One mix do you guys think she's considering to include on the album this time? 2012 or 2015?

The one which is not taken down on YouTube :xgiggle:

2.gif

9 minutes ago, Embach said:

The one which is not taken down on YouTube :xgiggle:

Watch the tracklist be something like

1. Lasso

2. In God's time 

2. Tough

3. Say Yes to Heaven (released version)

4. Wild One (unmastered YT rip)

5. Has anyone else died for you?

6. Alabama

7. California (fake final version)

8. Pawn Shop Blues (the same AKA version, YT rip)

9. To Know Him is To Love Him (feat. Kacey Musgraves and Nikki Lane)

10. Prettiest Girls in Country Music (feat. Nikki Lane)

11. Swamp Thing

12. All About Ethel

14. Take Me Home Country Roads

8 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

to be fair Elle asked and Lana said it was still happening this year that’s not even a reliable way of getting information. lol