Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

16 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ok I kind of manifested this because I’ve been  listening to country music all day…

also if you don’t like country/folk and are worried about the next record…

Love Hurts- Gram Parsons

Wild Horses- The Rolling Stones

Hot Burrito #1- The Flying Burrito Brothers

I’ll Be Here in the Morning- Townes Van Zandt

Long Long Time- Linda Rondstadt

These songs are AMAZING and what I’m hoping for the next record to be in line with.

Taste!

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

1 minute ago, honey dew said:

My fifth sense is telling me there are gonna be collabs with Dolly Parton, Nikki Lane, Morgan Wallen and Miley Cyrus :nails:

All of these people suck except Dolly

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

that was the V magazine photoshoot bestie

YES YES YES YES THANK YOUUUUUUU

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 minute ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think I would be more excited for this if it weren’t produced by Jack Antonoff again. I got a feeling that this will be Chemtrails 2.0. Also Lasso is probably her least interesting album title so far.  

She always described chemtrails as folk so I think this will be different

5 minutes ago, honey dew said:

My fifth sense is telling me there are gonna be collabs with Dolly Parton, Nikki Lane, Morgan Wallen and Miley Cyrus :nails:

i swear to fuck, if we get a miley collab, i'm deleting the song from my library just like i did with that ugly for free trio thing on chemtrails

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I think I would be more excited for this if it weren’t produced by Jack Antonoff again. I got a feeling that this will be Chemtrails 2.0. Also Lasso is probably her least interesting album title so far.  

Watch her change the title

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

All of these people suck except Dolly

I like Nikki beautiful gowns… & she’s a good friend to Lana. And I like Miley she stuck around through QFTC and she’s a good songwriter

2 minutes ago, J03 said:

Lol since when was a Dolly collab rumoured. People do the most, it was a chance encounter as per Nikki Lane’s insta 

Have you heard Dolly's latest album, Rockstar? Her voice isn't what it once was, but even so, there would be nothing strange about a duet with Lana.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

I think it will be refreshing to have a short title and a lighter album like she mentioned previously. I adore hearing her deep existential inner thoughts but something more light-hearted and fun will be a nice little switch up :dance2:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

I get the impression (from Henry snippet) that this album will be more like Chemtrails than any of the others, just more country-leaning, which is fine by me as I love that album. 

If she's collaborating with any modern country guy I hope it's Zach Bryan (and not MW), but we'll see. 

More of me loves the title Lasso, it's so compact and symbolic. But there is a part of me that misses the batshit album titles, lolol. I'm so excited now!

1 minute ago, shadesofblue said:

I think it will be refreshing to have a short title and a lighter album like she mentioned previously. I adore hearing her deep existential inner thoughts but something more light-hearted and fun will be a nice little switch up :dance2:

Exactly this.

i wonder if subject matter will be a bit dark like ocean blvd or if we're gonna have fun on this one? also, it's really weird that we're going country with the last bit of ocean blvd having trap beats and some bops to it. i guess we'll see!

giphy.gif

I’m really excited for this but why am I so sad to let go of ocean blvd era it’s not even in my top 3…

3 minutes ago, taco truck said:

She always described chemtrails as folk so I think this will be different

I know it’s too early to say much about the sound of the album, but that Henry snippet didn’t sound that different from a Chemtrails track.