Elle

Lasso - Pre-Release Thread: OUT September 2024

6 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think Beyoncé releasing her album ended Lana’s interest in releasing Lasso. She doesn’t want to be seen to be doing what is just “on trend”

But she literally announced it by saying "the industry is going country!" so she seemed pretty excited to release a country album alongside other artists :um2:

giphy.gif

Posted (edited)

lana pls if it's scrapped just drop a lipster exclusive link for a digital album :cryney:

Edited by Cult Leader
had to edit cause I realised I was in the wrong thread help

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

What are the chances she meant in an Oh my god it's genius, you are not ready for it way :bebe:

Or it means we can say goodbye Lasso and Henry will be the next RBFY :takeitdoen:

Still believing in Lasso as well though :trisha:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Just now, NikoGo said:

I still believe in Lasso

a great thinker and poet once said hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have but I have it...

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

1 minute ago, Venice Peach said:

But she literally announced it by saying "the industry is going country!" so she seemed pretty excited to release a country album alongside other artists :um2:

Yeah you’re right but it would have been a lot better if the album was ready to release. It’s still possible she will release it, but the signs don’t look good. 

2 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

I don’t think I do anymore… her being cryptic with NME was a thing but the « oh God » comment doesn’t look good now :tsk:

but she just teased the tough music video this morning so like there’s something there 

"Don’t forget me"

1 minute ago, Andrew said:

Yeah you’re right but it would have been a lot better if the album was ready to release. It’s still possible she will release it, but the signs don’t look good. 

Maybe she changed direction and she's afraid she'll let people who expected a full on country album down :eek:

But yeah it's clear that there's something suspicious going on with that album with these weird comments and remaks she makes :gasp:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, NikoGo said:

but she just teased the tough music video this morning so like there’s something there 

I still believe we’re getting the Quavo collab. Maybe not just the rest of Lasso… :true:

seriously, how did we end up from Jack’s « it’s brilliant » to her renouncing it?!? :brigitte::puzzled:

Tough could also be a standalone song.  but who knows :um2:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Hope is a dangerous thing for us to have - but we have it :true:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

when the tough video is scrapped and she uses it now for fishtails

Y’all need to stop manifesting a fishtail video 

that’s one of my favorite ocean songs and NOBODY wants that :thumb2:

"Don’t forget me"

22 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I think Beyoncé releasing her album ended Lana’s interest in releasing Lasso. She doesn’t want to be seen to be doing what is just “on trend”

Her approach to country would most likely be so different from Beyonce, I guess that cannot really influence her. Lana is so unique and innovative in all her approaches to music, this would never end up in some standard country album. And these recent pics she posted on insta exactly look like I imagine LASSO to be. 

That comment by her is really strange, but who ever knows what's on her mind 😂 besides, maybe be the user asking was so excited and misunderstood something, who knows!? 

It was expensive watch it 

1 minute ago, DemonMic2003 said:

I still think we need an ep of 4-5 songs for touring. 1 unreleased, 1 cover and 2-3 new songs.

I'm fine with anything at this point but I need something for sure

It's hard to only stan one artist and the artist being Lana who is not someone who we can trust with these kinda things:oprah: