cherrytropico

Favorite Lana Vocal Moments + Technical Analysis

So…I have been interested in vocals for years now. By no means am I an expert and I also have zero training; I’ve just watched a lot of videos on this topic and a lot that encompasses it such as agility, belting, breath support, straining, etc. 

Lana, in my opinion, is a great singer. Her voice is like nothing I’ve heard before, her tone naturally has a melancholy/vintage quality, and she uses her voice in unique and creative ways. Is she, on the other hand, an excellent vocalist? Not really. Definitely not on the level of modern singers like Ariana Grande, Beyonce, Perrie Edwards, Tori Kelly, etc. She’s quite untrained. That being said…there are so many vocal moments that have impressed me, and I thought I’d create this thread to share them and for you guys to share your favorite moments as well! Additionally if someone is educated on the technical aspects of singing, feel free to analyze her vocals. 

Ended the whisper singers!

3:00 is legendary 

Thought this was a good analysis

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Honestly her vocals tones in God Knows I Tried. From tender to strong, from low to high...just wow!

url%5D

Very cool topic. What first drew me to Lana was her beautiful lower register in her earlier albums. "Blue Velvet" is one of my favorite covers from her for that. Love her voice.

the god knows i tried in the church is....unbelievable. can't believe we have even a snippet of such a godly event occuring.

i am obsessed with her vocals on the other woman, because they sounds so worn/lived in/textured– you can feel every ounce of emotion in her delivery.

terrence loves you is, of course, an absolute fucking slay and one of my all time fav vocal performances from her.

cherry blossom also beautiful, so intensely felt and sung, she really is so masterful at capturing emotion with her vocal performance, worried less about perfection than about honoring the song's story.

aOaIzH2.gif

I agree with others about God Knows I Tried! I also love her vocals for Shades Of Cool.  Hearing her perform it live was magical :illumilana2: another one I’ve been loving more lately is Arcadia. 

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

1 minute ago, shadesofblue said:

I agree with others about God Knows I Tried! I also love her vocals for Shades Of Cool.  Hearing her perform it live was magical :illumilana2: another one I’ve been loving more lately is Arcadia. 

how could i forget shades of cool!!! EPIC vocals

aOaIzH2.gif

I’m obsessed with the “messy” vocals she does in some parts of her songs, for example :

- black bathing suit’s “outro”

- Tulsa jesus freak’s “white hot forever” part

- Dance till we die “bridge”

- A&W “ur mom called” part

- Taco truck “not tonight, plake acid”

- peppers “like thatttt”

- cruel world “put my little red party dress on” part

I really hope she uses this kind of vocals more in LDR10, cuz it’s so fun singing with her messy vocals

One of the most unique vocal tones ever- so diverse from the cutesy babydoll voice to the fake husky BTD tone to her more middle range tone now.

her voice is pretty weak sometimes from smoking though. She still really shines on acapella moments with a strong head voice but not a lot of projection anymore in any song.

Overall one of the best voices to ever have a voice box 

Off to the Races has always been my favorite vocal performance of hers (in her studio albums)

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

this will always be one of my all time favorite live moments. Her mic was ON and rent was DUE

in a studio aspect I’ve always thought her 2013/2014 vocals were next level. She was still playing with her persona/vocals and a lot of songs from that era reflect that. Getting Lie Down With Me is what really made me realize that 

"Don’t forget me"

Mariners Apt Complex and its lush harmonies and the way she adds power to her voice without belting or being too loud has always been my favorite vocal performance. 

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

𓊔 I took the miracle move on drug 𓊔

⚕️ The effects were temporary ⚕️

⊹ (:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅[̲̅:♡:]̲̅:̲̅:̲̅:̲̅) ⊹ 

The “oh, my god” at the end of the Damn You demo and the sniffle in My Best Days. The “test test test test test” in Fishtail

The vaping in White Dress. The sneeze & iPhone timer noise in A&W… I could go on

Overall nothing will ever beat the vocal bridge from Living Legend

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.