Coloringbooks

Taylor Swift Threatens Legal Action Against Student Who Tracks Her Carbon Footprint/Private Jet Usage

Any and all flight logs should remain publicly available data and you shouldn’t expect a right to privacy when zooming on ur private jet on the daily 

Private jets should be banned anyway :shrug:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

This person is compiling public information and posting it with a 24 hour delay. While I understand safety concerns, it is a little different than posting real-time info.

ALL climate polluters should be held accountable. Exposing their horrible climate crimes isn’t being mean to them lmao.

It’s not about disliking or liking someone’s art or persona, or it shouldn’t be. If Lana was doing this, I would be so deeply upset.

Idk, I mean I don't like private jets and I don't like the fact the fact that Taylor (AND OTHER CELEBRITIES!!!!) use them all the time which is not good for the environment but like stalking isn't great either, that could lead to something what Lana has faced (robbery and shit) because of stalking

url%5D

I looked into the law in this situation when people were threatening to fire bomb Tesla factories and a grimes stalker almost made Elon wreck with his son in the car. The privacy aspect of the law allows for them (Taylor) to block the jets location until sometime after they have landed. But then it can be put into public record some hours after they have landed. Looks like Taylor's lawyers don't know the full ins and outs of that law if they are filing a cease and desist. It will be extremely difficult for taylor to prove emotional distress beyond reasonable doubt in the court of law. 

6 minutes ago, rabbit said:

This person is compiling public information and posting it with a 24 hour delay. While I understand safety concerns, it is a little different than posting real-time info.

ALL climate polluters should be held accountable. Exposing their horrible climate crimes isn’t being mean to them lmao.

It’s not about disliking or liking someone’s art or persona, or it shouldn’t be. If Lana was doing this, I would be so deeply upset.

This changes everything 

I honestly don’t know how she could win a case for this- but she’s super rich sooooo

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

15 minutes ago, taco truck said:

maybe i'm just a delusional swiftie but i just can't get myself to fully care about the jet usage when beyonce and kim kardashian and ariana grande and selena gomez probably have way more carbon emissions from their factories creating their makeup/clothing brands. literally all of these extremely wealthy celebrities are polluting the earth and the jet thing just feels targeted towards taylor because people already hate her. i know it's bad but honestly taylor is relatively unproblematic compared to lots of celebrities and i just think people want to hate her soooo bad.

this is my qftc....

the thing is with (lets use kim as an example) skims or kkw beauty/rem/etc is that it is providing a commodity to people, so the horrendous carbon impact is slightly offset by providing a service. taylor swift is providing absolutely no service to anyone but herself by parading around the country in a private jet. 

it is just a straight up lie that it is causing 'emotional distress' and it is purely a game of her trying to intimidate and use the legal system to put people less fortunate than her down.

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

Nevermind that it's the shipping industry that is causing far far more pollution than air travel. IMO It's just another case of the public looking for some Boogeyman they conjure up so they can blame the world's problems on them. 

30 minutes ago, taco truck said:

maybe i'm just a delusional swiftie but i just can't get myself to fully care about the jet usage when beyonce and kim kardashian and ariana grande and selena gomez probably have way more carbon emissions from their factories creating their makeup/clothing brands. literally all of these extremely wealthy celebrities are polluting the earth and the jet thing just feels targeted towards taylor because people already hate her. i know it's bad but honestly taylor is relatively unproblematic compared to lots of celebrities andi just think people want to hate her soooo bad.

this is my qftc....

same :pft:

it's getting tiring being a fan because there's always something new for people to dog pile on her for (some of it being reasonable but most of it not so much.) i do sit and wonder if i actually am just biased or if what i defend is what i believe. would i be more angry about this lawsuit if it were from some other artist it didn't listen to and love? and it doesn't help that the public (and the lipsters :blush3:) are getting increasingly tired of tolerating her. idk. i'm about to just stop getting involved in her personal life and just listen to the records. 

violets in your eyes

4 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

the thing is with (lets use kim as an example) skims or kkw beauty/rem/etc is that it is providing a commodity to people, so the horrendous carbon impact is slightly offset by providing a service. taylor swift is providing absolutely no service to anyone but herself by parading around the country in a private jet. 

it is just a straight up lie that it is causing 'emotional distress' and it is purely a game of her trying to intimidate and use the legal system to put people less fortunate than her down.

taylors private jet also isn't being made by people who make unlivable/barely living wages though or creating commodities that are going to be in a landfill in a year. it's not that i don't think taylor shouldn't be receiving criticism, i just think people pick and choose who they want to criticize for things and because the narrative on taylor is flipping, she's receiving a ton more flack for this when other celebrities have just as bad or even worse carbon footprints. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

As long as it is public information and can be accessed by anyone then i don’t think the lawsuit would stand in court , right? 
I’m not familiar though with the american law system so idk.

The small percentage of the most wealthy that keep polluting the environnement  should always be held accountable imo. Corporations keep pushing this narrative that only us people can make a change individually (which is only partially true) when in fact the biggest amount of pollution can be attributed to a small percentage of corporations and people .

My comments are not only towards Taylor because i know that people love to bash her ( for sometimes unjustified reasons ) but towards all of the mega-rich people as well that could actually make an impact with their platformes.

To add to this it would be better for Taylor to stop her excessive use and advocate for the environnement . It was a bad move from her part to send a lawsuit to a literall uni student.

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

Does Lana use private jets? Like we know people filmed her and Sean in early 2020 in a commercial plane but since Lana is one of those people who get "sighted" all the time either by fans or papparazzis, I think we would have had more photos of Lana in a commercial jet, right? I mean she has been to a billionare's jet :hooker:

url%5D

20 minutes ago, rabbit said:

Ya this lawsuit is fucking stupid then and is just gonna get her more hate. But I still stand by what I said about the jet usage…:headache:

Just now, Embach said:

Does Lana use private jets? Like we know people filmed her and Sean in early 2020 in a commercial plane but since Lana is one of those people who get "sighted" all the time either by fans or papparazzis, I think we would have had more photos of Lana in a commercial jet, right? I mean she has been to a billionare's jet :hooker:

If she does it’s definitely not nearly as much as Taylor. Also I don’t really think she does because don’t people see her at airports before shows all the time? 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

maybe he should countersue for ACTUAL emotional distress, since he’s being bullied for doing the right thing by the most famous woman in the world. taylor swift is just a corporation and he should get as much money as humanly possible out of her 

giphy.gif

54 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Good, obviously Taylor uses a jet too much but that’s not the problem here and not why she’s suing. This persons tracks her jet and posts it online for everyone to see where she is. She has a huge issue with stalkers (as you would expect) and other fans have asked these accounts to stop multiple times but they never do. You can track usage without saying where she is lol. 

This.

/endthread

2 minutes ago, taco truck said:

Ya this lawsuit is fucking stupid then and is just gonna get her more hate. But I still stand by what I said about the jet usage…:headache:

If she does it’s definitely not nearly as much as Taylor. Also I don’t really think she does because don’t people see her at airports before shows all the time? 

Wait that's true :cuteface:

url%5D

So we should cut Taylor some slack because she's already at the receiving end of so much "criticism" and because other celebrities/billionaires have questionable environmental practices? She's the one sueing, so I don't see why this concerns other celebrities/billionaires. Besides, this is publicly available information posted after a 24h window... there's very little concern over her safety. We all know she's touring anyways.

A lifetime of paper straws won't do shit for the environment with these people around.

2 minutes ago, West Coast said:

So we should cut Taylor some slack because she's already at the receiving end of so much "criticism" and because other celebrities/billionaires have questionable environmental practices? She's the one sueing, so I don't see why this concerns other celebrities/billionaires. Besides, this is publicly available information posted after a 24h window... there's very little concern over her safety. We all know she's touring anyways.

A lifetime of paper straws won't do shit for the environment with these people around.

this is what pisses me off most about her and other billionaires private jet usage. corporations pander to us and moan at us to recycle and use sustainable practices when in reality it is a drop in the ocean compared to the shit these celebrities get up to in the name of convenience FOR THEM

taylor doesnt care for anyone but herself, and this lawsuit evidences that perfectly. the nerve to try and sue someone for publicising publicly available knowledge just because it inconveniences you is abhorrent quite honestly

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23