shadesofblue

10th Anniversary of Ultraviolence - June 13th

genuinely the best album of all time. changed the music game forever and birthed a generation of sad grungey girlies :krylie:

cannot believe it'll be 10 years old this month. i remember delay release day like it was yesterday 

i really wish lana would do something for it as this album means so much to me. i have the album name tatted on my thigh with hydrangeas on my other thigh :oprah9:

IMG-9470.jpg

excuse the photo i’m at work and it’s the only one i could find right now 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

4 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

have the album name tatted on my thigh with hydrangeas on my other thigh 

there are hydrangeas on my other thigh

and fire that surrounds you

1.Fine China

2.Earthquakes

3.Lake Placid, New York

4.Pink Champagne (LMLYLAW Demo) 5.Madly

6.Your Girl

7.Cult Leader

8.Ave Maria/Dragonslayer or Unleaked Track

9.I talk to jesus

10.Driving in cars with boys

Something like this would be cute

4 hours ago, Forgotten said:

10 years......I'm so old. I remember the release of West Coast just like it was yesterday 

So do I

UV came out days after I graduated high school, this is wild

3z1M54f.jpeg

I remember it leaking the week it released and being so shook and unsure about it in so many ways and then after a few listens it weaseled its way into my favorite albums ever list and it now still sits there. One of my top 5 albums and either the best or second best Lana record, neck and neck with Honeymoon and Ocean Blvd follows close behind. I also remember that release cycle when she was dropping singles before it dropped. 

Man, what a time to experience an album. What an album to experience as it released. I remember that photo that came out close to when West Coast released, the one with the white tee (this one) and its so reminiscent of that pre-album era of the end of paradise/tropico and a new album being on the horizon. man... what a journey lana's discography has taken

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8uiUC8Dz2JsKhWqmBG4V

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

30 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

I have mixed feelings for UV, because Lana originally wanted to make a different album, but her studio bosses didn't let her as far as I know.

No, this was the album she wanted to make. She did get push back from executives and she pushed back as well, but she ultimately won. She also got hit with a lot of uncertainty from leaks at the time - untouchable 5 were from this era between Paradise and Ultraviolence. 

From how I remember it, she was asked by execs to work with some more well known producers and she didn't want to, she liked the music she was making and thought it was better than what she was being pushed to make. I also believe she told the execs she just won't release anything anymore if she can't release what she wants so now she's pretty much got freedom to do whatever with her music. 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Forever grateful that this album came out the summer I got this huge breakup :true: I’ve processed so many emotions and grievances with UV. I’m eternally grateful for UV even if I don’t come to it as often as I used to.

Love this album so much. I was listening all the way through yesterday and was mesmerized again by Lana’s beautiful vocal layering, and also range. :wub:

My 10th anniversary wish is that it gets updated with a Dolby Atmos mix :worship:

46 minutes ago, American Whore said:

No, this was the album she wanted to make. She did get push back from executives and she pushed back as well, but she ultimately won. She also got hit with a lot of uncertainty from leaks at the time - untouchable 5 were from this era between Paradise and Ultraviolence. 

From how I remember it, she was asked by execs to work with some more well known producers and she didn't want to, she liked the music she was making and thought it was better than what she was being pushed to make. I also believe she told the execs she just won't release anything anymore if she can't release what she wants so now she's pretty much got freedom to do whatever with her music. 

ok, but I wonder what happend to Tropico and if this was the album her label didn't like at first

4 minutes ago, Honeytrails said:

More culturally important than Born To Die. A true classic. One for the history books. 

Just was nostalgia glancing at her old instagram format and all the weird cropped pics with weird sepia filters and random old pics of people…. The west coast selfie….WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE