Mileena

Which Lana songs do you prefer the demos/alt versions of?

Pink Champagne and Watercolour Eyes. 

the first demo of Lust for Life is also very,  very good and so different from the released version ; it could have been slightly reworked as a reprise on the album, somewhere at the end of it. 

• Lolita (Demo 4)

• Summertime sadness (demo) 

• Freak (Demo 1)

• Love (Demo)

• Lust For Life (September 2015 Demo)

• Beatiful people (Demo 1)

• Pink Champagne (LMLYLAW Demo)

Lust for Life, BPBP, Dark Paradise, Diet Mountain Dew, Pink Champagne, Live or Die, The Blackest Day, Freak, Kill Kill (The Ocean), Lolita

3 hours ago, GaboSpaceCowboy said:

California (NFR!) is one of my favorite songs of all time, but for some reason I feel that the Demo is much better than the final version.

I think it's the only demo I'm manifesting a leak. :trisha:

I have a same feeling too somehow!

3 hours ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

i like the video version of y&b rather than the one in the streamings. it makes me listen listen less to the song :smh:

THIS!!!!!!! The Dan Heath's orchestral version of Young & Beautiful is miles better than the single version!

url%5D

Lolita - The orchestral demo with that sampled bassline is FIRE. The album version is just messy and the definition of overproduced

Lucky Ones - Generally feel like it's not her strongest song but the demo definitely feels less bleak and I love the drums.

Summer Bummer - Not sure whether it qualifies as a demo, but the version with the humming that was uploaded on YT/ is pressed on some of the vinyls is much more fun.

Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems - Album version is basically meaningless and the forced Stevie Nicks feature is terrible.

Next Best American Record - Lyric change kinda ruined the vibe, especially since the new ones are so terribly cheesy

Thunder - The demo had so much more fire. Also, I really hate how poorly mixed the climax part of the album version is.

There are some other demos - the Diet Mountain Dew demo with the additional pre-chorus, the e-guitar heavy National Anthem demo, the demo versions for Freak - which I love but where I kinda understand why they did not end up that way on the album. So I probably like them just as much as the album versions.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

On 1/6/2024 at 12:10 AM, Surf Noir said:

lust for life demo 1

I cannot express how much I would've liked the whole album to have the same vibe as LFL demo 1.

Also:

• 2nd version of Wayamaya
  • Carmen (Demo 1)
  • National Anthem demo
  • Demo of Beautiful People
  • Tomorrow Never Came demo

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

8 minutes ago, Blue Ribbon said:

Trash Magic

same! obviously trash magic is such a great song, but i do especially love the two demos more :flutter: all that's real to me is marilyn and jesus... :lush:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

I wouldn’t say I prefer the Drive demo to Ride, as Rides production is PERFECT.  But im obsessed with the bridge lyrics on Drive, and wish she would reuse them.

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・