6 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

To add on to the other thing I said...

ย 

"It was a very bad time for the year of the dancer
Her sun was in Venus, the moon was in Cancer"

+

"It was a very good year for the serial killer"

ย 

Are some of her most haunting lyrics ever.

It kinda insinuates that you can be in the wrong place at the wrong time based on where the stars are aligning, the antithesis to what she said inย Lucky Ones. The juxtaposition between Frank Sinatra's pretty much innocent song and a serial killer is so interesting to me, because you never really know someone's intentions and sometimes all you can do is blame the stars because there's no other real reason to evil behavior.ย 

ย 

It's also interesting that Lana plays around with the idea of moral corruptness & "God's Divine Plan," practicallyย begging to be "purified" so she doesn't end up like a statistic, relating to the innocent women who had their legacy stolen and stories sold to shows like Forensic Files -- kinda giving a piece of their story back to them by namedropping them and their innocence in connection with dancing.

ย 

adding onto this, she coveredย it was a very good yearย live in 2011, so i definitely think it was an intentional reference

ย 

ย 

Zztqfn3.jpeg

I remember hearing about this case years ago before it had been solved. Shannan's story was especially heartbreaking. I know Lana would have been crucified if she had released this song, but it's so nice to see her paying tribute to these women. After hearing this song I see Fingertips and Kintsugi in a muchย larger context, I feel like during OB she wasn't just coming to terms with death in her family, but also death that happened around her. It's nice to think that lyrics like "give you a blanket, your spirit can sit and watch tv by my side" could also apply to these women.

Happy 10th birthday Ultraviolence!!!

Lana Del Rey Fan ยป Arquivo ยป Lana Del Rey teases 'Ultraviolence' music video

โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ I love you the first time, I love you the last timeย เญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†

Somehow Zodiac is connected to Get Free and Patent Leather Do-Over where Lana is not forgetting the memoryย and legacy of women with tragic fate who were named in those songs and poem. Like keeping their legacies.

url%5D

Just now, Embach said:

Somehow Zodiac is connected to Get Free and Patent Leather Do-Over where Lana is not forgetting the memoryย and legacy of women with tragic fate who were named in those songs and poem. Like keeping their legacies.

I immediately got Get Free vibes from Zodiac. Sucks when she keeps these career-defining songs in the vault (I Talk to Jesus is another song that comes to mind for me).

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

โ€ห–ยฐย โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”ย this is my idea of funย ยฐโ€โ‹†.เณƒเฟ”*:๏ฝฅ

I donโ€™t know why this is hitting me so hard. I mean, obviously the subject matter is EXTREMELY dark โ€” but something about it is just really impacting me

ย 

Itโ€™s so beautifully written and the different vocal styles throughout the track make it seem so fresh and interesting. Idk if itโ€™s just me, but at certain points it somehow reminds me sonically of Thunder?! I need to relistenย to find the exact points

ย 

But, wow. Itโ€™s just beautiful. The tribute to the women at the end is heartbreaking. โ€œThe prostitute pickup / and the pantyhose thrillerโ€ is sticking with me. I canโ€™t get enough of this song

ย 

As much as I wouldโ€™ve loved it to have been released, I canโ€™t imagine the moronic backlash she would have faced for โ€œglamorisingโ€ abuse/prostitution/murder, even though nothing in this song glamourises any of that. Also, unpopular opinion butโ€ฆ I donโ€™t think it would have fit on OB in the sense of the storyline. Yes itโ€™s thematically similar in that it deals with death, legacies, abuse, general darkness etc, and it definitely would have fit sonically and lyrically, BUT..

ย 

itโ€™s not solely autobiographical in the way that the rest of the album is, and Iโ€™m not sure how it would have fit into the overarching โ€˜storylineโ€™. But I obviously wish it had been included, because itโ€™s amazing. Not at the expense of Candy Necklace though. But theyโ€™d have been a nice A & B side release

ย 

Wow that was unnecessarily long.. but I just love Zodiac. (Which is a much better name than Purify imo, itโ€™s less in your face and self explanatory)

ย 

And I agree with everyone else about Lana most likely feeling some sort of personal connection. So many people clowned on her for the response to the Candy Necklace video backlash, when she said she couldโ€™ve ended up in a similar position, but anyone smart knows what she meant. Considering the GK was active whilst she was living in nyc, a young woman in a somewhat transient and chaotic/unstable lifestyle.. I get what she means.ย ย 

ย 

ย 

7 hours ago, Embach said:

It's part of Lust for Life's dead witchy, dark, ethereal legacy that I desperately want revivedย 

On 7/1/2024 at 2:57 PM, Elle said:

It was a very bad time for the year of the dancer

Her sun was in Venus, the moon was in cancer

& all of the girls who dance late (?) were dying

ย 

It was a very good year for the serial killer

The prostitute pickup and pantyhose thriller

& all of the girls who were found on the (?) ofย Long Island

ย 

Purify me

Purify me

Purify me

Purify me

ย 

It was a very bad time for the year of the dancer

Her sun was in Venus, the moon was in cancer

& all of the girls who dance late (?) were dying

ย 

It was a very good year for the serial killer

The prostitute pickup and pantyhose thriller

& all of the girls who were found on the (?) of Long Island

ย 

Purify me

Purify me

Purify me

Purify me

ย 

Walk straight

Keep your head up

Walk straight

Keep your head up

Walk straight

Keep your head up

Walk straight

Keep your head up

ย 

Purify me, yeah

Purify me, yeah

Ohh

Yeah, yeah

ย 

Walk straight

Keep your head up

Shannon Gilbert

I'm walking with you

Megan Waterman

We won't forget you

Amber Costello

Walk straight

Keep your head up

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

Definitely need some help with this one due to the quality! Leave any input below! Xx

WAIT.....This song is about the Long Island Killer. I didn't even know what she was saying at the end. Wow no wonder she scrapped this but I rly wish she didn't.

On 7/2/2024 at 1:43 AM, Bonita said:

This is definitely one of her most interesting songs lyrically and I can see why it was initially included on Ocean but Candy Necklace does help with the narrative.

so true !!ย it totally makes sense taking into consideration the meaning behind CN and OB in generalย 

A really hunting song .. it makes me emotionalย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

๐๐ž๐ž๐ง ๐ฐ๐š๐ญ๐œ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐œ๐จ๐ฐ๐›๐จ๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง ๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐จ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐š๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ง๐จ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ

๐“๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฅ๐ข๐ญ๐ฎ๐๐ž

โ˜…โ˜…ย