Sign in to follow this  
Make me your Dream Life

Movies You Could Just Watch, For Forever?

Black Swan, it’s perfect. I never get tired of watching it. The actors, the movie score, the costume design, everything so beautiful:flutter: 

9a4EPC1.gif

The Sound Of Music, my favorite movie! It's so beautiful and perfect, and I'm one of those people who are not the biggest fans of musicals. It's one of those movies where everything is on point - the cast performance, story and the visuals. It's also very long movie but every minute is just worth it. Especially worth watching on Christmas holidays. When I listened to Lust For Life album for the first time, all the themes in it reminded me of that movie somehow. Definitely one of the greatest movies of all time, it's obvious why it won so many Oscars! :wub: Every scene lives rent free in my mind. :flutter:

2.gif

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me

The Worst Person in the World

Wild Strawberries

Persona

A Special Day

And there's some movies i watch every year:

Eyes Wide Shut on Christmas Day

Rosemary's Baby on Halloween

The Ascent in January

What is it with the great taste of Lana stans - all my favourites have been named already :thumb3:

5 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

Wild Strawberries

Persona

These two Bergman movies, more than anything else (Lynch is the other great one), build worlds that are not necessarily comfortable, but are so all enveloping and inspiring and incredible that they were the first that came to mind when I read the thread title. I had an amazing 5 hour conversation with my best friend (and fellow Lana stan) after showing him Persona for the first time. Not many films can do that.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Wizard of Oz - I’ve seen this one probably a 100 times literally. My absolute favorite movie that never stops filling me full of wonder and comfort. The visuals and effects are so stunning and the fact that they still hold up to this day really says something special about it.

Matilda - Also, on par with Wizard of Oz. Have seen it probably just as much. I relate so much to the family dynamic and the feeling of being a different kind of thinker.

Amélie - I found this movie during my uni years. The cinematography is so gorgeous and the storyline is so thoughtful in how all the pieces fit together. I see myself in the main protagonist. Not to mention, I’m a bit of a Francophile. 

8 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Edward Scissorhands

Dead Poets Society

Amelie

& Wayne’s World would be pretty funny

Omgg! I said Amélie too!

‧₊˚❀༉‧₊˚.

Menace II Society

New Jack City

Do The Right Thing

Paris is Burning

American Gangster

Dope Sick Love

Black Tar Heroin: The Dark End of the Street

giphy.gif

I used to watch Finding Nemo all the time, i've probably seen it 100 times so i'd say that, recently I always watch Minions the first movie and Puss In Boots the Last Wish with a 5 year old and i've probably now watched both of them about 20 times each fully and they don't really get boring either lol

Other than that I barely watched any movies in years and I rarely ever watched any multiple times unless it was years apart.

Some of the films I can't help watching when they're on

Some Like it Hot

The Wizard of Oz

Moulin Rouge!

Rear Window 

The Favorite

Call Me By Your Name

Jaws

Lost in Translation

Poor Things

My Neighbor Totoro

Paddingon 2

The Grand Budapest Hotel

Mind-blowing films I wouldn't necessarily want to watch "forever"

Come and See

Psycho

Capernaum

Dogville

A Separation

A Clockwork Orange

Crash (David Cronenberg's Crash, not the Oscar winner)

Brokeback Mountain

All About My Mother

3 hours ago, Cherry Blossom said:

Edward Scissorhands

Dead Poets Society

Amelie

& Wayne’s World would be pretty funny

for some reason i thought this thread was films you’d want to live in?! 😭 That’s why i added the wayne’s world explanation. but my answer still stands

tumblr_inline_nojcj6qe1j1s5i2my_400.gif gmgif.gif morrissey-flowers.gif