That Venice Bitch

Sources Say Biden to Drop Out of 2024 Race, DNC to Hold Open Convention

13 hours ago, ivory almond said:

kamalana, step up to the mic

She fell out of a coconut tree ๐Ÿ’”

492482-1.png

โ™ก๏ธŽ

Why the fuck would they have open convention. All polls show that Kamala is clearly the most favourite out of all other options. An open convention will create internal infighting that will only further undermine trust in the Dems and would increase Trumpโ€™s chances even more. Kamala is the VP, she has been campaigning already, just get her on the fucking ticket

When Kamala runs for President and Michelle Obama's gonna be the VPย :oprah:

2.gif

something tells me they really will pick Andy Beshear for VP

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒปใ€€โ‹†ยทหš เผ˜ *ใ€€GIVE PEACE A CHANCE ใ€€หš เผ˜ โ‹†๏ฝกหšใ€€ใƒปใ‚œใ‚œใƒป๏ผŽ

20 hours ago, Crimson and Clover said:

As someone who works very closely with geriatric people, I donโ€™t see the point of having someone 65+ running a country!!! Most people retire at that age!ย :awkney:

Yeah I think there should be an age cap

No country-leading for old men

I thought it waa funny that Bernie Sanders said he doesn't think Biden is too old and he's like 85 himself

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

2 minutes ago, LanaBalkana said:

Jill Stein is a proven Russian asset.

ย 

and everyone else supports American imperialism

giphy.gif

I am uneducated bc I don't understand why anyone thinks Kamala could beat trump when Hilary couldn't. No one cares much for Kamala and her claim to fame is cringy tik Tok audios. No one even cares she is the first female vp bc she's so meh.ย 

29 minutes ago, urgirl said:

I am uneducated bc I don't understand why anyone thinks Kamala could beat trump when Hilary couldn't. No one cares much for Kamala and her claim to fame is cringy tik Tok audios. No one even cares she is the first female vp bc she's so meh.ย 

The thing is, social media may seem hugely influential, but it often amplifies voices, opinions, etc. that donโ€™t reflect the majority.ย 
ย 

For example, it seemed like Bernie Sanders was hugely famous (especially online) and destined for the democratic nomination in 2020. We all know what happened.ย 
ย 

As much as we may be in tune with social media, younger generations, etc., itโ€™s really the older people that vote more. Younger Americans are understandably fed up with this system and many choose to not bother voting, or vote for a third party candidate out of protest or frustration.ย 
ย 

The Clintons hadย been despised for what, 15-20 years back in 2016? Kamala has only been in the public eye for about four years. Honestly, even in that time frame, she wasnโ€™t in the spotlight as much as some vice presidents are.ย 
ย 

The U.S. is so polarized that Iโ€™dย estimateย 90% of the voting population has their mind made up, regardless of candidate, but for their โ€œteam.โ€ Itโ€™s the 5-10% of the middle/unaffiliated that sways the election. Most national elections come down to a handful of votes (perhaps a few hundred thousand) in 3-6 states. Because the electoral college is stupid.ย 
ย 

This is the 3rd presidential cycle in a row where both candidates are more unfavorable than favorable.ย 
ย 

Anyway, I donโ€™t think that Kamala would be much better than Clinton. Nor do I think sheโ€™s worse. Hillary was very bad at campaigning. She largely ignored swing states, where she should have focused more energy. She came off as very elite and pretentious. Itโ€™s no wonder Trump won in 2016.ย 
ย 

Kamala may seem weak in some ways and her perception by some progressive voters is undeniable, but I donโ€™t think sheโ€™s any worse than Biden - an aging, old man whoโ€™s clearly losing it. Sheโ€™s stronger, younger and has the prosecutorial background, that I think would give her a huge edge when going up against Trump.ย 
ย 

Assuming Biden steps down from the race, itโ€™s going to inject a lot of energy and excitement into the contest, by default.ย If they were to skip over her,ย when sheโ€™s literally next in line, it would probably backfire.ย 
ย 

I say they put her on the top of the ticket and pick another younger democrat for VP. Also recall that Hillary picked one of the most boring, old white men in all of politics for her VP candidateโ€ฆ please donโ€™t make that mistake again.ย 

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

I think ppl are forgetting how much Kamala changed her image since becoming VP. She was a killer in the senate, and she rose to notoriety for her tough line of questioning. Since becoming VP, she has softened her image a lot, but I think we may be reminded of who she was back in 2019 if she becomes the dem nominee.ย 
ย 

At this point, however, Iโ€™m uncertain Biden actually will step aside.ย 

โŠน (:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…[ฬฒฬ…:โ™ก:]ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…) โŠนย 

๐“Š”ย I took the miracle move on drugย ๐“Š”

โš•๏ธย The effects were temporaryย โš•๏ธ

โŠน (:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…[ฬฒฬ…:โ™ก:]ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…:ฬฒฬ…) โŠนย 

2 minutes ago, Mer said:

I think ppl are forgetting how much Kamala changed her image since becoming VP. She was a killer in the senate, and she rose to notoriety for her tough line of questioning. Since becoming VP, she has softened her image a lot, but I think we may be reminded of who she was back in 2019 if she becomes the dem nominee.ย 
ย 

At this point, however, Iโ€™m uncertain Biden actually will step aside.ย 

This is a fair assessment. I remember thinking she was a great pick for VP, but I was quickly disappointed by how soft she appeared once in office. She was barely ever in the public eye prior to recently, in any substantial way, when they should have been using her to be tough up against Trump. Itโ€™s like none of the strategists thought they should have a VP act strong and tough, when the presidentย is increasingly perceived as weakย and frail.ย 
ย 

Why are democrats so bad at politics?ย :flop:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

i know kamala harris isn't perfect, but she's certainly much better than trump, and certainly more competent than biden, i don't really care who the president is, as long as they can do their job and go about their job with decency and class, but i really want to see a woman become president at some point, i think it would be quite awesome :flutter:ย 

f7z0pce.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

i know kamala harris isn't perfect, but she's certainly much better than trump, and certainly more competent than biden, i don't really care who the president is, as long as they can do their job and go about their job with decency and class, but i really want to see a woman become president at some point, i think it would be quite awesome :flutter:ย 

can't helpย but to agree, strongly.

33 minutes ago, Quincy said:

The thing is, social media may seem hugely influential, but it often amplifies voices, opinions, etc. that donโ€™t reflect the majority.ย 
ย 

For example, it seemed like Bernie Sanders was hugely famous (especially online) and destined for the democratic nomination in 2020. We all know what happened.ย 
ย 

As much as we may be in tune with social media, younger generations, etc., itโ€™s really the older people that vote more. Younger Americans are understandably fed up with this system and many choose to not bother voting, or vote for a third party candidate out of protest or frustration.ย 
ย 

The Clintons hadย been despised for what, 15-20 years back in 2016? Kamala has only been in the public eye for about four years. Honestly, even in that time frame, she wasnโ€™t in the spotlight as much as some vice presidents are.ย 
ย 

The U.S. is so polarized that Iโ€™dย estimateย 90% of the voting population has their mind made up, regardless of candidate, but for their โ€œteam.โ€ Itโ€™s the 5-10% of the middle/unaffiliated that sways the election. Most national elections come down to a handful of votes (perhaps a few hundred thousand) in 3-6 states. Because the electoral college is stupid.ย 
ย 

This is the 3rd presidential cycle in a row where both candidates are more unfavorable than favorable.ย 
ย 

Anyway, I donโ€™t think that Kamala would be much better than Clinton. Nor do I think sheโ€™s worse. Hillary was very bad at campaigning. She largely ignored swing states, where she should have focused more energy. She came off as very elite and pretentious. Itโ€™s no wonder Trump won in 2016.ย 
ย 

Kamala may seem weak in some ways and her perception by some progressive voters is undeniable, but I donโ€™t think sheโ€™s any worse than Biden - an aging, old man whoโ€™s clearly losing it. Sheโ€™s stronger, younger and has the prosecutorial background, that I think would give her a huge edge when going up against Trump.ย 
ย 

Assuming Biden steps down from the race, itโ€™s going to inject a lot of energy and excitement into the contest, by default.ย If they were to skip over her,ย when sheโ€™s literally next in line, it would probably backfire.ย 
ย 

I say they put her on the top of the ticket and pick another younger democrat for VP. Also recall that Hillary picked one of the most boring, old white men in all of politics for her VP candidateโ€ฆ please donโ€™t make that mistake again.ย 

ย 

1. Kamala empowered the anti-black and anti-brown carceral state by putting WOC in jail for truancy.

2. a LOT of people want to break out of the 2 party dictatorship but are afraid to because of the shaming and guilting people engage in when they talk about it.

ย 

22 minutes ago, Quincy said:

This is a fair assessment. I remember thinking she was a great pick for VP, but I was quickly disappointed by how soft she appeared once in office. She was barely ever in the public eye prior to recently, in any substantial way, when they should have been using her to be tough up against Trump. Itโ€™s like none of the strategists thought they should have a VP act strong and tough, when the presidentย is increasingly perceived as weakย and frail.ย 
ย 

Why are democrats so bad at politics?ย :flop:

ย 

IMO the Democrats aren't bad at politics.ย  They know exactly what they're doing: everything they can to empower Republicans so they can use fear to motivate non-Rs into supporting them via votes and money. They don't care about anything but money and power.

ย 

16 minutes ago, Dark Angel said:

ย 

tbh idc if they have decency or class as long as they serve the workers.

giphy.gif

On 7/18/2024 at 7:17 PM, ShadesOfFool said:

even if he won the race (he wouldnโ€™t) thereโ€™s no way he could finish his second term

ย 

On 7/18/2024 at 7:37 PM, Crimson and Clover said:

As someone who works very closely with geriatric people, I donโ€™t see the point of having someone 65+ running a country!!! Most people retire at that age!ย :awkney:

ย 

My thoughts exactly.ย 

Personally, I think whatever the retirement age is should be the cutoff. If you would be 67 or older on your first day in office (house, senate, president, whatever), you're ineligible to run.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
๐ŸŽถย Art decorates space, but music decorates timeย ๐ŸŽถ