Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

13 minutes ago, genghis khan said:

I don't care if tiktok teens discover my favourite lana songs. Why is every comment under a lizzie song "don't let tiktok find this!!." Who cares? Why does it take away from your enjoyment of the song? I don't get it. I find gatekeeping to be very juvenile and cringe

used to be on the same train as you but honestly, they either entirely misrepresent what Lana stands for, make it a sound for cringe videos or associate it with horrible habits and call that aesthetic. It just ruins the song completely because it immediately makes an association with all the tiktok weird stuff. 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

2 minutes ago, genghis khan said:

@Lanaspoisonivy @taco truck nvm. just realized that the fact that I deleted tiktok in 2020 is probably an influencing factor  :silly:

oh def. trust me never download that app again.

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

The Other Woman is top 3 on Ultraviolence. 

Maybe not unpopular anymore but I am.. disgusted that it was paid dust and it took TikTok to appreciate her. Her best cover! SO beautiful! And the lipsters failed her :sadcore2:

DLMBM is a perfect closer too

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

32 minutes ago, orpheline said:

Maybe not unpopular anymore but I am.. disgusted that it was paid dust and took TikTok to appreciate her. Her best cover! SO beautiful! And the lipsters failed her :sadcore2:

The Other Woman is great but definitely not ahead of Cruel World, Ultraviolence, Shades Of Cool, Brooklyn Baby, West Coast, Old Money, Black Beauty, and Florida Kilos:hottie:

On 7/22/2023 at 8:08 PM, Surf Noir said:

guns and roses is seriously one of her best songs... but i know we're not ready for that conversation

(but at the same time... a lot of her songs are valid contenders for being her best songs :wowcry:)

:true: I was going to say the Guns and Roses hate is so tired and exaggerated but I've seen more people defend its honor lately. Youre doing the Lord's work..

rmeoRD5.gifvUV63Kk.gif KXksriz.gif

.。*゚+.*.。𝓪𝓵𝓵 𝓶𝔂 𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓽𝓲𝓵𝓵𝔂 𝓵𝓪𝓬𝓮 𝓲𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓽𝓬𝓱𝓲𝓷'

𝓸𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓬𝓱𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓵𝓲𝓮𝓻...゚+..。*゚+

9 hours ago, genghis khan said:

@Lanaspoisonivy @taco truck nvm. just realized that the fact that I deleted tiktok in 2020 is probably an influencing factor  :silly:

Same for me, I haven't had tiktok for 3 years now and I feel kinda old now 😭 because I'm the only one amongst my friends who doesn't have a tiktok or snapchat.

But I have insta and I sometimes occasionally hear her there on reels. I once heard Religion and I was shocked. I'm more excited to her Lana there hahah. Tiktok hasn't really ruined Lana songs for me, it has made me love them even more? But the only non Lana song Tiktok maybe ruined me was Jungle :um:

But I really hate the new late 2000s/early 2010s gen fandom in social media (no offense to Lipsters here who were born in the late 2000s). They overreact over anything I can't remember that about the late 1990s/early 2000s fandom when we were teenagers. And that's so selfish of me to think about that but I sometimes tend to forget that there are people who are younger than me :bebe:

If I ranked different Lana fandoms...

LanaBoards fandom

⬇️

FaceBook fandom (they're so kind to my surprise when Lana dropped QFTC everybody supported her there)

⬇️

Instagram fandom (the younger fans are obnoxious there but the veteran fans since the older days/pre-covid days are cool there)

⬇️

Twitter fandom (some of the veteran fans from the old days are cool, but many fans regardless of age are really obnoxious and very pretentious there)

⬇️

Reddit fandom (there are bunch of horny people, bunch of nerds and bunch of obnoxious pretentious fans - not a great combo)

⬇️

Discord fandom (kinda same like Reddit but I feel that the age group there is a lot younger)

⬇️

Tiktok fandom (do I have to say something? The epitome of the side of the fandom we all hate)

Idk really where to put ATRL fandom since I don't know them much and I know that some of you here don't like the fandom that much but most of them there seem to be hardcore veteran fans? If it is so then I'd rank them somewhere in the upper side of the ranking. And also I don't think that Lana fandom in Snapchat exists 💀 and Threads fandom = Insta fandom.

url%5D

10 hours ago, orpheline said:

Maybe not unpopular anymore but I am.. disgusted that it was paid dust and it took TikTok to appreciate her. Her best cover! SO beautiful! And the lipsters failed her :sadcore2:

DLMBM is a perfect closer too

You're 100% correct and you should say it even louder, for the girls in the back! :true: Definitely one of my favorites and definitely one of her best covers (and DLMBM is also amazing ur right yet again yup)

Blue Velvet is also so so so so dreamy but I notice it gets so much unwarranted hate too. The cover is so classical Lana and BTD/P, I don't understand the hate! :oprah3:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

Also if you ever saw that I was hating on Cola or Body Electric no you didn't, thats user boom like that slander. Cola and Body Electric are my friends. I love Cola and Body Electric. GlSspKN.jpg

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I have never found Wildest Dreams similar to Without You. Years ago, when I became a stan I kind of understood what people meant when they compared the certain parts of those songs but still they're different to me in these parts. Same with Get Free and Creep.

url%5D

Some of the fans shipping Lana and Alex Turner is so cringe, I've seen many videos of that :toofunny: even tho I love both

url%5D

A&W is extremely dark, I'm not sure how fans or Lana can dance to it because I can barely get past the first half due to the heavy lyrics (don't get me wrong, I still love because it's perfect but really sad :()

Groupie Love is the best song on LFL. So dreamy 

COTCC is one of her best album... I love it so much. Wild At Heart, Dance Till We Die, Dark But Just A Game are just so good. The last 60 seconds of DTWD are not talked about enough! 

How To Disappear is also criminally underrated and deserved more :sadcore:

On 7/24/2023 at 5:17 PM, FilleCanelle said:

Groupie Love is the best song on LFL. So dreamy 

COTCC is one of her best album... I love it so much. Wild At Heart, Dance Till We Die, Dark But Just A Game are just so good. The last 60 seconds of DTWD are not talked about enough! 

How To Disappear is also criminally underrated and deserved more :sadcore:

groupie love is sooo underrated idk why people don’t talk about it more

I think lust for life is one of her best albums tbh - both the songwriting and production are so polished

Taco Truck would've been the best song on Ocean Blvd. (and probably her best closer too) had it been a full song.

The x VB mashup feels unnecessary, underwhelming and tepid. :um3:

Definitely my biggest disappoint with this album.

3 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Taco Truck would've been the best song on Ocean Blvd. (and probably her best closer too) had it been a full song.

The x VB mashup feels unnecessary, underwhelming and tepid. :um3:

Definitely my biggest disappoint with this album.

Personally I like the ×VB part but I kinda agree. The Taco Truck part is one of the best moments on the album and way too short , it's kinda sad it's not a full song on it's own bc it's so damn good & would have been one of her best

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

On 7/23/2023 at 12:16 AM, genghis khan said:

I don't care if tiktok teens discover my favourite lana songs. Why is every comment under a lizzie song "don't let tiktok find this!!." Who cares? Why does it take away from your enjoyment of the song? I don't get it. I find gatekeeping to be very juvenile and cringe

Unironically yes, and no. I personally kinda like that pre-fame vibe of A.K.A and her earlier songs so putting them into the spotlight kinda ruins the vibe / feel of the song(s) for me, but on the other hand, I do agree with you that gatekeeping is overall cringe, and that people should be able to listen whatever they want without people spamming the comments with "if you found this song from tiktok, you aren't a true fan" / "gatekeep this from tiktok!!!" or "if tiktok finds this, I will kill myself"

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame