Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 8/9/2023 at 2:42 PM, Honeytrails said:

I hate the name dropping in her songs if I can pinpoint who it is… like idk who Jim is so it works in the sense that it could be open to interpretation but when it’s Caroline or Chucky or Charlie it just kinda ruins it for me and idk why… 

Right lol it kind of takes me out of it when she addresses specific people in her life by name cause like….Chuck isn’t my sister so idc 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

35 minutes ago, Jakk said:

I don’t like the production/mixing on Peppers. Great song but it just sounds a bit muffled!

Literally just said this, I love the song but it just founds like she was standing 5 feet away from the mic 

Look, this is an unpopular opinion and it's not a hate post but...

I feel so uncomfortable watching Million Dollar Man lives from 2012. I mean great for her if she experimented with her vocal ranges and I love the later part of the song where she's yelling "one for the money wowowowo and two for the showwowowow I love you honey for the very first time..." part. But the rest of the song is just too much for me, sorry. I prefer her later performances of Million Dollar Man.

On the other hand, the studio version of Million Dollar Man is so overlooked, it's so beautiful, I love the train space owl loon sounds with the cinematic production and her sad vocals, I love the lyrics too, I mean the opening line: "you said I was the most exotic flower, holding me tight in our final hour" just the line is so iconic, it's so dramatic and paints a scene like in James Bond or The Godfather mafia type movie, and the word play in that song too. It's just to beautiful, it used to be in the lower ranking of Born To Die but like three weeks ago I became so interested in that song that it's in my top 3 now. It's too beautiful to not overlook it. It carries the story very well. 

Also Honeymoon title track should be appreciated more outside the fandom too. I feel like here most of us appreciates it but we still gotta notice how genius the composition is, the strings, piano and the marching drums, the genius bridge, elusive verses and the dreamy verses and outro. As I have said before Honeymoon and Million Dollar Man have the same aura around the sound, lyrics and the person. Just fucking genius.

url%5D

Music video version of Blue Jeans (the black and white one) is better than the album version. The strings intro and the "synthy-dizzy-fading" outro made it sound more dramatic and beautiful. When I became a stan I was shocked that the album version one didn't sound like the one in the music video. 

Also I love the black and white music video for Blue Jeans more than the homemade one, because the scenes and the cinematic real movie like quality in the black and white one are so beautiful.

url%5D

5 hours ago, Embach said:

Music video version of Blue Jeans (the black and white one) is better than the album version. The strings intro and the "synthy-dizzy-fading" outro made it sound more dramatic and beautiful. When I became a stan I was shocked that the album version one didn't sound like the one in the music video. 

Also I love the black and white music video for Blue Jeans more than the homemade one, because the scenes and the cinematic real movie like quality in the black and white one are so beautiful.

I am completely obsessed with the opening strings of the music video, and the warped outro. Impact-wise it's her best music video too. 

I think it’s funny that people are being called jealous for pointing out that Lana gives a lot of affection and attention to this core group of stans that attend almost, if not, all her shows and make it a mission to be front and center every single time. Like love that for them, and love that Lana think it’s cute and eadearing—but that doesn’t make it any less obsessive, and honestly selfish too. I think she enables a sense of entitlement and righteousness in this fandom. This is clearly not the behaviour of people that have full-time work commitments or have a bills to pay. :creepna3:

Stop complaining about her setlists. She’s never going to please everyone. I think it’s great she sings songs from different eras. You don’t know the deeper reasons why she picks certain songs, but not others. I’m just happy she’s doing live performances at all 🍒❤️

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

On 8/12/2023 at 6:09 PM, Embach said:

Look, this is an unpopular opinion and it's not a hate post but...

I feel so uncomfortable watching Million Dollar Man lives from 2012. I mean great for her if she experimented with her vocal ranges and I love the later part of the song where she's yelling "one for the money wowowowo and two for the showwowowow I love you honey for the very first time..." part. But the rest of the song is just too much for me, sorry. I prefer her later performances of Million Dollar Man.

On the other hand, the studio version of Million Dollar Man is so overlooked, it's so beautiful, I love the train space owl loon sounds with the cinematic production and her sad vocals, I love the lyrics too, I mean the opening line: "you said I was the most exotic flower, holding me tight in our final hour" just the line is so iconic, it's so dramatic and paints a scene like in James Bond or The Godfather mafia type movie, and the word play in that song too. It's just to beautiful, it used to be in the lower ranking of Born To Die but like three weeks ago I became so interested in that song that it's in my top 3 now. It's too beautiful to not overlook it. It carries the story very well. 

Also Honeymoon title track should be appreciated more outside the fandom too. I feel like here most of us appreciates it but we still gotta notice how genius the composition is, the strings, piano and the marching drums, the genius bridge, elusive verses and the dreamy verses and outro. As I have said before Honeymoon and Million Dollar Man have the same aura around the sound, lyrics and the person. Just fucking genius.

You hit the nail on the head! Million Dollar Man is one of my favorite Lana songs. Just because of its production. I’ve gone through spells where I play it on repeat before.

Very overlooked song and deserves more flowers. And I definitely see the connection with Honeymoon, another amazing song. Wow!

3 hours ago, West Coast said:

I think it’s funny that people are being called jealous for pointing out that Lana gives a lot of affection and attention to this core group of stans that attend almost, if not, all her shows and make it a mission to be front and center every single time. Like love that for them, and love that Lana think it’s cute and eadearing—but that doesn’t make it any less obsessive, and honestly selfish too. I think she enables a sense of entitlement and righteousness in this fandom. This is clearly not the behaviour of people that have full-time work commitments or have a bills to pay. :creepna3:

oh you ate here :diva:

55-DE2-A0-B-B97-D-4347-B872-77-FA28787-E

miss born to lose

15 minutes ago, Quincy said:

Stop complaining about her setlists. She’s never going to please everyone. I think it’s great she sings songs from different eras. You don’t know the deeper reasons why she picks certain songs, but not others. I’m just happy she’s doing live performances at all 🍒❤️

Idk, I don’t think there is any reason for people to be genuinely upset over setlists, however i find it fun to create what I think would be better setlists:air: 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

Just now, taco truck said:

Idk, I don’t think there is any reason for people to be genuinely upset over setlists, however i find it fun to create what I think would be better setlists:air: 

Oh of course. There are songs I love that she’ll never play live, but I can dream. It’s just funny when someone says her playlist sucks and trashes what she plays. Like are you even a real fan :horror:

C9-EB944-D-53-AE-42-A7-A3-CE-EF6-DA48879

Her last 4 albums just aren't that good, sure there are a handful of songs that I like from NFR!, COTCC, BB and Ocean Blvd. Other than that the rest of the songs just feel plain(?). I genuinely cannot listen to NFR! more than once a day, the song melodies are very similar and thus feel monotone / very similar to each other (and don't get me started on Ocean Blvd. and its crimes that are called interludes, also the first part of A&W is better than the second one).

She should start experimenting with different styles and song genres.

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

I didn't like the Judah Smith interlude, maybe cause I'm not religious myself and it sounds as if she randomly recorded it at Sunday service and put random piano music over it. Also it's so fucking long. Neither did I like the Jon Batiste interlude, the laugh is so creepy.

3 hours ago, Nectar said:

Her last 4 albums just aren't that good, sure there are a handful of songs that I like from NFR!, COTCC, BB and Ocean Blvd. Other than that the rest of the songs just feel plain(?). I genuinely cannot listen to NFR! more than once a day, the song melodies are very similar and thus feel monotone / very similar to each other (and don't get me started on Ocean Blvd. and its crimes that are called interludes, also the first part of A&W is better than the second one).

She should start experimenting with different styles and song genres.

I agree. I actually find NFR! to be underwhelming. I don’t think I’ve actually ever revisited it in full since 2019. Which is funny to me as I spent that summer in California and really thought it was going to become my favourite based on that alone. 

On 8/12/2023 at 3:15 PM, jealous girl said:

Probably not an unpopular opinion but I much prefer her songs/albums that don't feature other singers

(Looking at you, LFL where I would rank all the songs that are just her above the feats)

And the only collab she has ever done that I like is Hallucinogenics with Matt Maeson.  

I love you, but you don’t understand me.

-Lana Del Rey

Unpopular but… The more we learn about BTD and UV’s creation, the more I think those albums were sonically « accidental » or have been pushed a lot by their respective producer… and Lana would have preferred them to sound more « stripped back ».