Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

In My Feelings, God Bless America and Groupie Love were my LFL top 3 in 2017 :teehee: They're not my top 3 anymore but they're still masterpieces and some of my favorites off the album :fabcat:

Y0jLcfB.gif.˚₊‧.༻𓆩❤︎𓆪 My love's pourin' 𓆩‪‪❤︎𓆪༺.‧₊˚. yxuiMLe.gif
34h2wyS.gif

°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||Like a waterfall.||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||l°l||

1:32━━━━━♡────2:42

⇆ | ◁◁ ▐ ▌ ▷▷ | ↺

I usually skip Video Games unless I'm doing an album-listen of BTD :defeated: obviously it does deserve all the attention it's ever gotten, but I find nearly every other song on BTD more interesting. It just speaks volumes on how good the whole album is. And I can talk all I want about how UV and Honeymoon are my favourites, but I return to BTD whenever I want a reminder on how groundbreaking Lana's music was to me. 

I like her managers. They actually respect her wishes and Lana has been with them for a long time too, like since 2009. If Lana didn't like them, she would have left them a long time ago. Lana loves them too, so it kinda icks me when her fans talk shit about her managers...:pft:

I love her band too, they deserve credit too, they have been with her for a long time too and I love that Lana is close friends with them.

And I love her staff too (stylists, hairdressers, make-up artists). They love and respect her and Lana loves them too. They have sticked with her since her breakthrough too, I believe. They're really kind too, I love reading their Instagram posts about Lana :wub:

And I love Chuck's photography. Idk why people hate it. I think Chuck's style suits Lana. She's her sister, she knows what looks good on Lana.

url%5D

2 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

i absolutely adore edit techique of Nicole Nodland and im sad she stopped working with her that early, id like to see her takes on honeymoon or lfl aesthetics 

While she's not my favorite photographer, her shoot for L'Officiel Paris 2013 will always be my favorite Lana photoshoot, every image of it is just so breathtakingly beautiful. It really reminds me of Honeymoon too :wub:

url%5D

Roses Bloom For You is overrated, like it's beautiful but what people fiind special about it? Like it's just another piano ballad of Lana's like many others, and it's even a short one.

And I'm one of those people who thinks that Roses Bloom For You full version is the one which Lana shared in Instagram. I don't think that the song is longer that that.

url%5D

30 minutes ago, Embach said:

Roses Bloom For You is overrated, like it's beautiful but what people fiind special about it? Like it's just another piano ballad of Lana's like many others, and it's even a short one.

It has one of her best melody’s imo

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, taco truck said:

It has one of her best melody’s imo

The melody is beautiful but imo she has better songs :tsk:

url%5D

1 hour ago, Embach said:

The terrible takes being posted in the Unpopular Opinion threads today.. I guess they’re called Unpopular for a reason :icant:

RBFY is my most wanted unleaked Lana song. As TT said in an earlier response, the melody is so beautiful. Her voice also sounds incredible in the recordings she shared. The lyrics are also so touching. That said, part of it is that the song is just so sentimental to me.

Lana first shared a snippet of the song on her Instagram while I was living in the highlight of my life. In fact, in that moment I was on set filming for the movie Blockers, sitting in a parking lot of the hotel we were filming in during the late hours of the night drinking strawberry lemonade vodka and eating cheesecake with some of my fellow set buddies as we were waiting for the team to do camera adjustments when I got the notification that Lana had posted the first video of that song (I promise I’m not a poor worker who drinks on the job, but there was a span of 4 days where they called us to set just to have everyone sit outside in the hotel parking lot for several hours while they were setting up from 6pm-3am, but they were never able to get it correct and they’d just send us home without doing any filming, so by the third day people started bringing alcohol and partying in the parking lot lol)

Anyway, I just remember being so happy in that moment. Everything was perfect. I loved my work, I loved my friends, I loved that I was moving to New York soon, I had absolutely nothing to complain about at all. & this came after a pretty tough couple of years before then, and I overcame all of that to then be in a living dream. When I was watching that clip she posted while sitting in my little circle of set friends a couple of drinks in, I remember tearing up at the lyrics just because of how happy I was.

That happiness didn’t last unfortunately, it came and went in the following years, but I also gained it back once more. I would love to have that song to listen to to remind me that time and time again, I’ve defeated all my hardships and am living in my field of blooming violets and roses. I still listen to the little clips she shared of it often.

I think in general that with certain songs that some fans don’t like, it’s just because they haven’t related to it so they don’t fully understand it. I remember having a conversation with a friend about Hope recently and how she didn’t like the song because she found it boring. With that song especially, you really have to know what it feels like to be completely hopeless and then finding hope again to appreciate that song for what it is. I think the same sentiment also applies to Roses Bloom For You, among other songs in Lana’s discography x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

6 minutes ago, Elle said:

The terrible takes being posted in the Unpopular Opinion threads today.. I guess they’re called Unpopular for a reason :icant:

RBFY is my most wanted unleaked Lana song. As TT said in an earlier response, the melody is so beautiful. Her voice also sounds incredible in the recordings she shared. The lyrics are also so touching. That said, part of it is that the song is just so sentimental to me.

Lana first shared a snippet of the song on her Instagram while I was living in the highlight of my life. In fact, in that moment I was on set filming for the movie Blockers, sitting in a parking lot of the hotel we were filming in during the late hours of the night drinking strawberry lemonade vodka and eating cheesecake with some of my fellow set buddies as we were waiting for the team to do camera adjustments when I got the notification that Lana had posted the first video of that song (I promise I’m not a poor worker who drinks on the job, but there was a span of 4 days where they called us to set just to have everyone sit outside in the hotel parking lot for several hours while they were setting up from 6pm-3am, but they were never able to get it correct and they’d just send us home without doing any filming, so by the third day people started bringing alcohol and partying in the parking lot lol)

Anyway, I just remember being so happy in that moment. Everything was perfect. I loved my work, I loved my friends, I loved that I was moving to New York soon, I had absolutely nothing to complain about at all. & this came after a pretty tough couple of years before then, and I overcame all of that to then be in a living dream. When I was watching that clip she posted while sitting in my little circle of set friends a couple of drinks in, I remember tearing up at the lyrics just because of how happy I was.

That happiness didn’t last unfortunately, it came and went in the following years, but I also gained it back once more. I would love to have that song to listen to to remind me that time and time again, I’ve defeated all my hardships and am living in my field of blooming violets and roses. I still listen to the little clips she shared of it often.

I think in general that with certain songs that some fans don’t like, it’s just because they haven’t related to it so they don’t fully understand it. I remember having a conversation with a friend about Hope recently and how she didn’t like the song because she found it boring. With that song especially, you really have to know what it feels like to be completely hopeless and then finding hope again to appreciate that song for what it is. I think the same sentiment also applies to Roses Bloom For You, among other songs in Lana’s discography x

I loved the story you told :wub: I think with such huge discography as Lana's, there's always a song that has such a sentimental value to someone because of the meaning and/or the nostalgic element, a memory that the song carries.

I still remember that day when she posted the video of her singing RBFY in the studio, this song is probably her most "Spring" song ever.

Also I agreed on what you said about Hope Is A Dangerous Thing. I also remember the day when she dropped that and I really felt on what was she singing there about. Even if it's just a piano and her vocals, there are moments in that songs which just hit you. It really made me think about my current situation and my life in general. You just sit and think. I know that feeling very well when you have been given the last hope for something, it can just drive you insane. And when you lose that last bit of hope, it really crushes you and it takes you and your emotions really low. I think that Hope song was life changing.

So here's my another unpopular opinion: Hope Is A Dangerous Thing is her best song!

url%5D

2 minutes ago, Embach said:

So here's my another unpopular opinion: Hope Is A Dangerous Thing is her best song!

An UnPopOpin I can 100% agree with! :smile:

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS