Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Just thought of another opinion lol 

fishtail embodies so many eras. AKA, btd, chemtrails, honeymoon, lfl… it gives everything. It’s so charming with the muffled vocals, the heavy production on the chorus, the callback to Jump. I think that song deserved much more love. It’s like the child of all her records. I don’t understand why it isn’t more loved 

4 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Just thought of another opinion lol 

fishtail embodies so many eras. AKA, btd, chemtrails, honeymoon, lfl… it gives everything. It’s so charming with the muffled vocals, the heavy production on the chorus, the callback to Jump. I think that song deserved much more love. It’s like the child of all her records. I don’t understand why it isn’t more loved 

because it sounds terrible in mixing one of the worst and cheapest technical work made on a song of her career

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

55 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

because it sounds terrible in mixing one of the worst and cheapest technical work made on a song of her career

I had to laugh :toofunny: I personally skip the song only because the lyrics are not really good for what Lana can do, like what she did with the rest of the album.

9 minutes ago, Ultra Violet said:

I had to laugh :toofunny: I personally skip the song only because the lyrics are not really good for what Lana can do, like what she did with the rest of the album.

yeah mixing is not the only problem of mine with this song either:omfg:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

Not to mention it contains her worst lyric ever "maybe I'll take my glasses off so I stop painting red flags green". I jumped when I first heard that

12 minutes ago, honey dew said:

Not to mention it contains her worst lyric ever "maybe I'll take my glasses off so I stop painting red flags green". I jumped when I first heard that

For me it’s the “skinny-dip” lyric, I cringe at it so badly idk why, but yeah that one is pretty bad too.

Imo this song had so much potential, it just sounds not well-thought out.

1 hour ago, honey dew said:

It's kind of a lyric which a teenager would write on the internet :toofunny:

56 minutes ago, lili said:

For me it’s the “skinny-dip” lyric, I cringe at it so badly idk why, but yeah that one is pretty bad too.

Imo this song had so much potential, it just sounds not well-thought out.

"Skinny-dip" in general is a really cringy slang for me, it's something that should've stayed in the 2010s and people should've come up with a better word :crossed:

url%5D

the bridge lyrics on the tomorrow never came demo>>>>>>>

obv i get going with the happier more optimistic lyrics especially on a record called lust for life n i still like them, esp  her namedropping sean 

But as a beatles girlie and john fan forever IT JUST HITSSSSS diff cuz i will never forget or move on

:crying: Lennon & Yoko, I guess those days are gone... baby, you have to forget & I have to move on :crying:

born to die would’ve been better if it wasn’t produced by emile haynie.. :smokes: surely his production is what made it such a pop culture hit, but listening to without you amoeba live is another experience.. :xcry: born to die live instrumental edition when

another hugely unpopular opinion that I have;
kintsugi is the best song of her career, and tropico is the best visuals of her career, and both deserve awards, and they would’ve won many if someone more palatable or famous had made them 

16 minutes ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Also I used to be a Jack hater but none of her other producers could’ve made A&W. I want him to keep working with her. They’re scratching the surface now of the incredible shit they could make together 

I think what allowed this was Lana pushing into new territory with her lyrics. Something so bold, upfront and even scary could never settle at the level of previous work Jack had done with her. It demanded something deeper and more powerful.

9 hours ago, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

kintsugi is the best song of her career, and tropico is the best visuals of her career, and both deserve awards, and they would’ve won many if someone more palatable or famous had made them 

With you on the Tropico part. Such a visually stunning masterpiece and my god, she never looked more sexy. Everything about it is absolute perfection. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

On 11/1/2023 at 11:59 PM, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

I definitely agree about Kintsugi though.

It's for sure more for the people who are more invested in her, and I really appreciate her doing this song and Fingertips for the fan service of it all. Like, I feel like she really opened up and got super raw and transparent and it's extremely touching and beautiful. She let us completely into her heart with those two songs. Kintusgi specifically is a masterpiece from start to finish, it's crazy how effortless it appears to be for her to craft such magnificence. That song feels like love, heartache, longing, and mending, like a big warm hug and sign of reassurance. Love Godna so much.

22 minutes ago, Americanboy said:

I definitely agree about Kintsugi though.

It's for sure more for the people who are more invested in her, and I really appreciate her doing this song and Fingertips for the fan service of it all. Like, I feel like she really opened up and got super raw and transparent and it's extremely touching and beautiful. She let us completely into her heart with those two songs. Kintusgi specifically is a masterpiece from start to finish, it's crazy how effortless it appears to be for her to craft such magnificence. That song feels like love, heartache, longing, and mending, like a big warm hug and sign of reassurance. Love Godna so much.

Took the words right out of my mouth, baby! It’s heartbreaking and hopeful and real. I can’t get over it <3 

2 minutes ago, daphnedinkley said:

Come When You Call Me America is one of my absolute fave Lana songs and i’d love an entire album on that vibe :bebe: 

is this unpopular? i love this song and the jazzy instrumental, would definitely kill for more of that sound from her 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

On 11/2/2023 at 1:05 AM, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Also I used to be a Jack hater but none of her other producers could’ve made A&W. I want him to keep working with her. They’re scratching the surface now of the incredible shit they could make together 

period