Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

My unpopular opinion is that I'd rather have Lana reworking her unreleased stuff like what she did with Pink Champagne than just releasing them as they were. I love having both versions if that makes sense.

100.webp?cid=ecf05e47t2zyf0txl4fevwois3d

Just do it, don't wait

7 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Not really unpopular necessarily but it drives me insane when I see people saying “Blue Bannisters”- like girl you don’t even know how to spell the name of the album????

imagine my shock when i learned that thats not how you spell it

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

i personally don't really look into the production/ mixing of her stuff too much. how it goes is how it goes and I actually like it when people get dissatisfied about white mustang, or fishtail it just vicinities-lys my love of how they sound mid-century modern, or hazed cus it personally elevates a moment etc. i like how it deviates and brings a kind of uncleanliness that makes an entirely, more immersive and lending atmosphere. like i'm listening to a forbidden demo or something that many crave n all that 

UV/Honeymoon

Lana’s collabs with The Weeknd are miles better than anything she’s done with A$AP Rocky. Hell, even her collabs with her dad are better. I thoroughly enjoy just about every collab she’s done, but the Rocky ones are skips for me. I seem to be alone in this. 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

8 minutes ago, MamaDelGhey said:

Lana’s collabs with The Weeknd are miles better than anything she’s done with A$AP Rocky. Hell, even her collabs with her dad are better. I thoroughly enjoy just about every collab she’s done, but the Rocky ones are skips for me. I seem to be alone in this. 

I like the songs she did w him but HATE his parts

aOaIzH2.gif

On 9/7/2012 at 4:42 PM, National Anthem said:

I don't like This Is What Makes Us Girls, it's just cheesy to me

I think her style and songs now are Waaayyyyyy better than her "Lizzy" days

I actually don't believe she's THAT vocally talented, but she is talented in the sense of style, persona, and overall music. She is awesome at being sexy and sultry tho.

I'm not a huge fan of her old video clips, or even like Video Games tbh

Then how r u a fan? To be a fan u have to support the person u like, and this is not supporting.

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP

11 minutes ago, LolitasCherries said:

Then how r u a fan? To be a fan u have to support the person u like, and this is not supporting.

This is from 2012 though 💀 and to be fair, they said that in a thread called Unpopular Opinions...

And believe me, there are more harsh things that some people have said about her in this thread.

url%5D

On 9/7/2012 at 4:42 PM, National Anthem said:

bb is sooo underrated but kinda overrated at the same time... idk people hype it up too much or dont give it any attention. it's kinda confusing.

~I do admit when I called your other bitch I told a little lie~

Lana Del Rey reveals 'Ultraviolence' video | NBHAP

The only singer I can find that is remotely comparable to Lanas music and style was Amy Winehouse. Lana is the most emotionally profound, nostalgic, classy, eclectic, singer/poet of the past 13 years. Change my mind. 

54 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

She should've never moved to California.. we need more NYC aesthetic music. 

As much as I understand her love for California, the only reason I dislike about it is that it's not safe for her to live there, considering what has happened in those last few years with the robbery and stalking. I miss her British era :hair: or even when she was in France or Germany or Italy all the time.

url%5D

On 10/24/2023 at 6:10 AM, Stoned Mary in the Garden said:

Just thought of another opinion lol 

fishtail embodies so many eras. AKA, btd, chemtrails, honeymoon, lfl… it gives everything. It’s so charming with the muffled vocals, the heavy production on the chorus, the callback to Jump. I think that song deserved much more love. It’s like the child of all her records. I don’t understand why it isn’t more loved 

Its actually one of my favourite ones from her last record(s). Absolutely love the production and the composition. The cringy lyrics are something Lana already does from time to time, so they dont really bother me either.

8 hours ago, Embach said:

As much as I understand her love for California, the only reason I dislike about it is that it's not safe for her to live there, considering what has happened in those last few years with the robbery and stalking. I miss her British era :hair: or even when she was in France or Germany or Italy all the time.

NYC is a madhouse, it's cold AF, and you have to live in an apartment or row house. Two thumbs down.