Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

On 12/22/2023 at 10:42 PM, mermaidsparkle said:

I'm getting tired of yee yee country girl Lana. I know she had this whole folk/country schtick during her Lizzy Grant days but it felt more ironic back then. It was different. Like the exaggerated southern drawl she used on Mermaid Motel or in Trash Magic. Singing about Christmas lights on trailers and stuff. It was camp. I miss that. 

Oh but if you really got Lana's tea you would know that current country Lana is hypercamp

i just can't get into the NFR album... :toofunny: there are a few songs from it that i really like, but as a whole.. it just doesn't click with me for some reason

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

27 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

i just can't get into the NFR album... :toofunny: there are a few songs from it that i really like, but as a whole.. it just doesn't click with me for some reason

and we all know the reason well:ma:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

On 10/24/2023 at 9:36 AM, Embach said:

It's kind of a lyric which a teenager would write on the internet :toofunny:

"Skinny-dip" in general is a really cringy slang for me, it's something that should've stayed in the 2010s and people should've come up with a better word :crossed:

The term skinny dip was being used in the 50s though lol

18 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

The term skinny dip was being used in the 50s though lol

Yeah, but it's still sounds cringe to me somehow.

6 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

This is the best performance of Million Dollar Man live

I don't think that's an unpopular opinion, I think it's generally one of her most adored performance (and for a reason!) I love it as well :flutter:

url%5D

idk how unpopular this is but i love the early BTD era songs that Lana did with rappers (roses, beautiful player, big spender, ridin) :aubrey:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Lana related memes are kinda cringe and the jokes get quickly old :stareney:

This one is the best meme tho, my favorite -> :lolno2:

url%5D

If Lana kept LFL's original "witchy" / mysterious vibe, the album would've been 100x better.

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

I think she enjoys acting like an airhead and that she has no idea what's going on when it comes to career related things... there's this one world cafe interview from 2018 where she addresses the harvey line in cola and she was obviously so mentally turned on and didnt want to say anything wrong so she CAN turn it on but she likes being quirky 

aka is the most unique album in the world. i do admit i haven't listened to all the world's albums, so let me rephrase that - aka is the most unique album i have ever heard in my life

url%5D

Just now, sjatib said:

But this is obvious rather than unpopular, isn't it?😅

Idk Neil has been a cult favorite for 10 years though

url%5D

6 minutes ago, Embach said:

Nadia Lee Cohen >>> Neil Krug

I can’t compare them, I love the campy aspects of Nadia’s work and the 80s vibe I get from their shoots.. like the skims gives me Michelle Pfeiffer in scar face vibes 

Neil I love the grungy 90s vibes I get from his work

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues