Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

6 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I canโ€™t compare them, I love the campy aspects of Nadiaโ€™s work and the 80s vibe I get from their shoots.. like the skims gives me Michelle Pfeiffer in scar face vibesย 

ย 

Neil I love the grungy 90s vibes I get from his work

ย 

i love both too but i feel like there's always this surprising element that leaves us all gagged with nadia shoots which is the reason i now love her more than neil. i love neil too ofc, his style is very nostalgic which i love!

url%5D

1 minute ago, Embach said:

i love both too but i feel like there's always this surprising element that leaves us all gagged with nadia shoots which is the reason i now love her more than neil. i love neil too ofc, his style is very nostalgic which i love!

Totally, I think with Neilโ€™s theyโ€™re stripped back and I really sit back and appreciate her beautyย 

ย 

and with Nadia it always like SHE ATE

ย 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty bluesย 

I do enjoyย Lana sleuthing but one of the things I love about her is you can almost never expect what sheโ€™ll do next.ย I try not to have expectations with anything, butย I ย love when she randomly drops surprisesย :wubna:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

โบ.โŠน เฃช ห– ย ๐’ธ๐’ถ๐“‰๐’ธ๐’ฝ ๐’ถ ๐“Œ๐’ถ๐“‹๐‘’ ๐’ถ๐“ƒ๐’น ๐“‰๐’ถ๐“€๐‘’ ๐’พ๐“ƒ ๐“‰๐’ฝ๐‘’ ๐“ˆ๐“Œ๐‘’๐‘’๐“‰๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“ˆ๐“ˆย โ‚Šหš.เผ„

5 hours ago, Embach said:

Idk Neil has been a cult favorite for 10 yearsย though

I mean, he's good and people love him and all of that, but he has no chance if the other option is Nadia Lee I think.

ย 

Like, her first shoot with Lana was less than a year ago and, IMO, already the best Lana shoot in her whole career ๐Ÿ˜…

DCMA is a bop. Sure it could've been a bit better I suppose but I caaaan't believe we actually got a collab between LANA, MILEY AND ARI!:trisha::krylie::hair:

I jam out to theย song and I am not ashamed.ย :wink:

If I get a little prettier can I be your baby?

ย 

Beskrivning saknas.

I believe in Flipside/Isย This Happiness?/Your Girl supremacy

Doin' Time is overrated. It's not bad but she has way more better upbeat songs. And it's not even her "last" upbeat songs as some might say. Thank you.

url%5D

57 minutes ago, Embach said:

Doin' Time is overrated. It's not bad but she has way more better upbeat songs. And it's not even her "last" upbeat songs as some might say. Thank you.

I feel this. I love damn near everything she does, and I really really love her covers, but Iโ€™m not sure why this one gets so much more praise over the others. I guess maybe I just prefer her covers of oldies, although Heart Shaped Box and Buddyโ€™s Rendezvous are incredible. I grew up with Sublime/the OG version of Doinโ€™ Time (Iโ€™m 2 years younger than Lana) and that song is like a part of my DNA, no hate against the song itself. I just donโ€™t feel like she really did it justice I guess.ย 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

I've seen sooooo many people sayingย Peppers, LTLI, Margaret, etc should have been the singles and I could not disagree more!ย :shake:

ย 

They are all amazing songs (yes, even Margaret, I said what I said) with great re-playability and the potential to go huge on the radio, charts, tiktok etc (as we've seen)ย ย 

ย 

HOWEVER she/her teamย made the right choice choosing The Grants, Candy Necklace, Title Track, and A&W as the singles. Not only are they some of the absolute best songs on the album, thematically it makes far more sense and sums up the "heart" of DYKTTATUOBย which is aboutย legacy, grief, death, desire, existentialism, etc. Choosing any other singles would have done a massive disservice to the album and although it may have charted better, it wouldn't have gotten the critical acclaim it has so far.

ย 

I know so many people want Lana to make more "bops" buttttt DYKTTATUOB is one of her best albums (imo) BECAUSE it has dark songs as well as slightly more classic 70s sounds like LTLI, simple love songs like Margaret, and bops like Peppers/Fishtail.ย 

The cicadas in the sunset are your guide

18 minutes ago, Americen Whore said:

It wouldโ€™ve been sm better if it wasnโ€™tย a collabย :true:

ย 

but it was so good live at the hollywood bowl...they really dropped the bag on the recording

ย 

ย 

aOaIzH2.gif

The demos for Lust For Life and Diet Mountain Dew are far superior than what was released and i have a feeling this is how she intended the songs to be but was forced to make them more commercial.

I know she changed and life changes but i miss the pre NFR vibes she and her music had , i see myself skipping songs when it wasn't the case her older albums ... Jack Antonoffย :smh:

i've said it once, twice, even three times and i'll say it again!ย :read:

ย 

album version of lolita is better than any of the demosย 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

On 1/26/2024 at 3:39 PM, Party Favor said:

i've said it once, twice, even three times and i'll say it again!ย :read:

ย 

album version of lolita is better than any of the demosย 

Absolutely. That introย :defeated: