Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I don't understand why people must ruin the waiting to HBTB... I think it's better to listen to it when Lana will release the song on her official account...

1st version of LOD >>>>>>>>>> the one that just leaked

This x 1000

The new version is imo is awful. I much prefer LOD V1...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

I'm putting this here cause I'm sure some people would snark at the comparison but the outro for HBTB is giving me some serious Britney Spears vibes. Idk why, just that feel. No diss either cause I love Britney. Lol! Maybe I'm crazy.

I don't like this Lana Del Rey girl... delete her fat

Ugh, that chick's discography is such a rip off of the glorious Halsey. It's absolutely atrocious.

:creep:

OoWc9Ul.gif

I've always been there for Pop Lana releasing more of her unreleased stuff, even though I (currently) think HM > HBTB.

I also posted earlier that LDR was into extremes (where Tropico and UV music videos are an example of extremely different approaches to MVs). Releasing HBTB after the HM song seems another example of that. Her extremes are a kind of fan stretching (i.e., her taste broader than mine), and I think the practice is admirable.

Lana is not a good lyricist... yet. She has moments where she comes up with beautiful lyrics, but off the top of my head I can't come up with that many songs where I like the lyrics as a whole. Raise Me Up, Yayo? Thankfully, I'm here for the music, not the lyrics. Although if she can sustain her moments of genius during entire songs, that would take her to another level.

HBTB may be vapid, but at least it doesn't take itself too seriously, unlike Honeymoon. HM feels like someone else trying to make a Lana song, going through a checklist - slow, melancholy, sung mostly in low register, domestic violence reference, unusual sexual metaphor. I will say her voice is lovely on it, and the harmonies on "dark blue" are very nice. Unfortunately, I don't like the song as a whole.

I actually love HBTB because it's a break from Lana being pretentious (I can never forgive "all of our friends are dead and we never even met them"), plus she's being sassy and moving away from someone's bull, which is a welcome change from "we're in a destructive relationship, but we can never leave". She truly keeps us on our feet. "You want BTD beats? Soundtrack-like song. More ballads? Muddy trap break-up anthem."

I know I complain about Lana a lot, but I genuinely love her. She's one of my most listened artists and also an influence on my own music. She da bestest.