Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

The verses of that song are basically just a list of reasons why she's a bad bitch.

- Her pussy tastes like Pepsi cola

- Her eyes are wide like cherry pies

- She has a taste for men who are older (no surprise)

- She falls asleep in an American flag

- She wears her diamonds on Skid Row

- She pledges allegiance to her dad (for being so informative)

It's basically her version of a Chuck Norris joke :shh:

Haha...At least she was an angel in Gods And Monsters

tumblr_mhzjal5z1N1rab19lo1_1280.png

Wearing her diamonds on skid row, is that like a classist thing? Is she being a little braggart, strolling down the hood showing her ice lyke a troll?

Or wait, is she talking about Skid Row?

Skid_Row_18_and_Life.jpg

"The limits of my language mean the limits of my world." -Wittgenstein

Wearing her diamonds on skid row, is that like a classist thing? Is she being a little braggart, strolling down the hood showing her ice lyke a troll?

She got lost :mj:

daddy issues is soooooo good and she uses the faux word 'niceys' in it too :defeated:

THANK YOU!!!!

I was gonna say it's probably her best song, but I thought better of it.

I know he's an ass but Bradley Soileau is just perfect with Lana.

Words cannot describe the CHEMISTRY in Blue Jeans.... :creepy:

...all I'm sayin' is, he seriously needs to come back for her videos...

I'm actually really beginning to love the new version of Yayo. It's not as good as the original, but I don't think people are giving it a chance simply because it's been done before and they love the first version. I don't think that should cloud people's judgement, though, because regardless of whether or not you like this new version, you can still listen to the AKA one. It irritates me when i see people say something like, "Oh, I hate this one, the AKA version is so much better and she just ruined the song." You have to realize it's its own song, too. Stop comparing it with the other versions, that will only make you dislike it. When I first listened to it, I was so disappointed because the echoing/repeating "dark night" wasn't there in the bridge, but the more I've listened to it, I've come to appreciate it for what it is; its own song. I even took the one problem I initially had with it and turned it into a positive, and what do you know? It's now my favorite part of the song. That moment in the bridge is just as powerful as the AKA version for me, although with different reason. I love how instead of repeating/echoing "dark night," she's just quiet, and then you hear her breathing and I really love that. It's so eerie. The final chorus picks up after that and it's so haunting, I love it. I understand if people don't like it in general, but don't dislike it just because it's not as good as the AKA version, that's stupid.

14417469274.gif

The AKA Yayo strikes me as the younger, hopeful version (though at the end, maybe she's starting to catch on), while the Paradise version is older-looking-back, knowing it didn't work out, but still longing. :( It makes me sad. That doesn't make it bad, but it does make me not want to listen to it as much.

(The No Kung Fu version is her singing to producers like David Kahne, "Imma bring it." :excited: )

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

The AKA Yayo strikes me as the younger, hopeful version (though at the end, maybe she's starting to catch on), while the Paradise version is older-looking-back, knowing it didn't work out, but still longing. :( It makes me sad. That doesn't make it bad, but it does make me not want to listen to it as much.

(The No Kung Fu version is her singing to producers like David Kahne, "Imma bring it." :excited: )

this is so sad and true. I completely agree, the new one feels so nostalgic and like so much has changed between the two versions

Long hair, Lana that's my bitch

I'm actually really beginning to love the new version of Yayo. It's not as good as the original, but I don't think people are giving it a chance simply because it's been done before and they love the first version. I don't think that should cloud people's judgement, though, because regardless of whether or not you like this new version, you can still listen to the AKA one. It irritates me when i see people say something like, "Oh, I hate this one, the AKA version is so much better and she just ruined the song." You have to realize it's its own song, too. Stop comparing it with the other versions, that will only make you dislike it. When I first listened to it, I was so disappointed because the echoing/repeating "dark night" wasn't there in the bridge, but the more I've listened to it, I've come to appreciate it for what it is; its own song. I even took the one problem I initially had with it and turned it into a positive, and what do you know? It's now my favorite part of the song. That moment in the bridge is just as powerful as the AKA version for me, although with different reason. I love how instead of repeating/echoing "dark night," she's just quiet, and then you hear her breathing and I really love that. It's so eerie. The final chorus picks up after that and it's so haunting, I love it. I understand if people don't like it in general, but don't dislike it just because it's not as good as the AKA version, that's stupid.

+1 - I've listened to it a good, like 35 times already. I don't find it skippable. I usually attach myself to one version of a given Lana song (Lolita and Diet MTN Dew are good examples), but "Yayo" is special--AKA is beautiful, Paradise is haunting, heavy metal is essential, and I even started this thread by saying NKF is my favorite version. It's just a strong song no matter what.

+1 - I've listened to it a good, like 35 times already. I don't find it skippable. I usually attach myself to one version of a given Lana song (Lolita and Diet MTN Dew are good examples), but "Yayo" is special--AKA is beautiful, Paradise is haunting, heavy metal is essential, and I even started this thread by saying NKF is my favorite version. It's just a strong song no matter what.

I live for all versions of Yayo to be honest. It's a beautiful song and the way Lana continues to reinvent it is very refreshing. I'm excited to hear live versions too, I think they'll be real gems.

4d05b88473027157c69dadf2c058161f.jpg