Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Although I love the demo of Brite Lites produced by Steven Mertens, I felt kinda dissapointed because is so short, LQ and Lana sounds lazy, it could be the best version :toofunny: . Anyways, it really is a bop

Also, the acoustic version is really good too, I love the vocals. Another case where the demos are better than the final version lol

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

I rarely ever see Lana fans talk about it which i always thought was weird because it is really creepy 

I like the song personally, part of what attracted me to Lana initially was an underlying sense of seediness in her work but in that song its nowhere near a subtext lol

Yeah put me in a movie is creepy, but I think its the point of the track. I said this in another thread that I think its about the record executive she's talked about. The music video is what puts a weird taste in my mouth. The North Korean footage + the man being arrested + Lana just looking really young and childish is a little off putting and creepy.

Also sidenote I hate fan made videos where they put footage from Lolita to put me in a movie 

i dunno how unpopular this is but i can barely listen to put me in a movie, song's creepy as shit

Yeah like and i can see how it could be TRYING to show people how creepy hollywood is or some shit but it just doesnt work with me. i cant listen to that song and feel good things. it makes me wanna cry and never go near men ever again. 

Even the video for it, the little girls dancing........ 

no......

Maybe if it were sung a little different, idk. Cause (sorry to use this disaster as an example but) Tag Youre It by felony, had the same affect on me at first, like i just turned it off and was like NO THANKS, but i eventually liked it and bopped to it never again tho

But PMIAM will never grow on me

:whatever2:

Yeah put me in a movie is creepy, but I think its the point of the track. I said this in another thread that I think its about the record executive she's talked about. The music video is what puts a weird taste in my mouth. The North Korean footage + the man being arrested + Lana just looking really young and childish is a little off putting and creepy.

Also sidenote I hate fan made videos where they put footage from Lolita to put me in a movie 

GROSS ikr 

blurgh. i hope people dont idolise that shit once they have a daughter of their own

Yeah like and i can see how it could be TRYING to show people how creepy hollywood is or some shit but it just doesnt work with me. i cant listen to that song and feel good things. it makes me wanna cry and never go near men ever again. 

Even the video for it, the little girls dancing........ 

no......

Maybe if it were sung a little different, idk. Cause (sorry to use this disaster as an example but) Tag Youre It by felony, had the same affect on me at first, like i just turned it off and was like NO THANKS, but i eventually liked it and bopped to it never again tho

But PMIAM will never grow on me

:whatever2:

I like Put Me In a Movie at the end of the day, and I get why she wrote it. Lana is smart, and I think she has a point to every track she writes even if you can't see it right away. I think tracks like Cola, PMIAM, and FMWUTT all come from the same mindset. I even think Lolita is a deeper track than just romanticizing Lolita. 

I feel like we make Lana's songs more dramatic than they actually are..like, the message of the songs.

Everytime she does an interview, the interviewer says something really deep and insightful and stuff like that about a song and she replies: Oh..yeah, I guess you're right..I've never thought of that..

~~~My body is stuck in the ocean ugcs3%2Fv3%2Fproject_attachments%2FGC6xU My mind is lost in the universe*** 

I feel like we make Lana's songs more dramatic than they actually are..like, the message of the songs.

Everytime she does an interview, the interviewer says something really deep and insightful and stuff like that about a song and she replies: Oh..yeah, I guess you're right..I've never thought of that..

throwback to when she said that summertime sadness is about nothing lol

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

i think this is her more or less not knowing what to say because she doesn't want to talk about the meaning or go into detail. but there's also the point that you can pull many messages out of most of her songs, regardless of what she was thinking when writing it. i sometimes think she purposely puts on that aloofness act in interviews to downplay the amount of personal experiences, memories, desires, etc she incorporates into her lyrics. 

UguUCJc.gif

leak the barrie-james co-written songs + elvis (2013)

i see where yall are coming with this but also lana is a notoriously private person, i think the last thing she would want to do is explain the pain or thoughts behind some of her saddest / deepest works

i think this is her more or less not knowing what to say because she doesn't want to talk about the meaning or go into detail. but there's also the point that you can pull many messages out of most of her songs, regardless of what she was thinking when writing it. i sometimes think she purposely puts on that aloofness act in interviews to downplay the amount of personal experiences, memories, desires, etc she incorporates into her lyrics. 

those are good points. I think interviews can be a tricky thing, especially for someone like Lana who has made it pretty clear she only wants to talk about things on her terms, which I can understand and respect. Interviewers and reporters can also be notoriously pushy and kind of invasive*. Like, I get that when you put something out into the world (music/videos), people are going to want to discuss it, especially with the artist themselves, but I think there's something to be said for just letting the music speak for itself, especially since the more you give an interviewer (yeah, that song was about a really difficult breakup), the more material you give the next interviewer (so tell me about that really traumatic breakup? do you guys still speak? was your heart totally shattered? what went wrong in the relationship?) and I imagine that can be not only really draining (especially if it's interview after interview) but also maybe brings up a bunch of shit you don't want to think about, let alone discuss publicly. 

*i feel this is especially true for musicians who write about more unpleasant parts of life and have a darker public image than the typical artist. i feel like you could see this a lot during the BTD and UV eras, where a lot of the interview questions felt really pointed and like trying to get Lana to answer the broader question of "why are you so sad?", which is a really simplistic way of looking at people, since a lot of people have gone through tough times and process those emotions and events in different ways (while also misrepresenting Lana's entire discography as being "sad girl music", which really dismisses a lot of the subjects and topics and observations present in her music).  

I like Put Me In a Movie at the end of the day, and I get why she wrote it. Lana is smart, and I think she has a point to every track she writes even if you can't see it right away. I think tracks like Cola, PMIAM, and FMWUTT all come from the same mindset. I even think Lolita is a deeper track than just romanticizing Lolita. 

Cola and FMWUTTT are two of my favourites! I love how those are just so unfiltered with no fucks given about what backlash shed get. Also someone above said Money Power Glory- another fave.

But PMIAM- i dont group that with any themes of her discography under Lana Del Rey. It just seems so different. I personally dont think shed want that song out there anymore, especially cause that one is probably the worst out of them all and the most sensitive topic (hollywood pedophilia and all). 

I think that if someone mentioned it in an interview she would feel so cornered.

Unpopular opinion: there is nothing wrong with the song Change besides its boring instrumental. It's so sloppy, the piano is out of time in many places, and nothing much happens. I feel that the song could have been much more powerful and unforgettable if it had some stronger strings and not so cliche piano. A song with such thoughtful lyrics really deserved better production.

Some of Lana's most underrated songs: Million Dollar Man, TIWMUG, Bel-Air, Black Beauty, Terrence Loves You, Honeymoon, God Bless America, Groupie Love

lana-del-rey-just-for-life-anatomy-nss-m

@ultraHeroine

Lana​ is fibbing, throwing a red herring as does any GREAT songwriter and poet who wants the dear reader dear listener to interpret as they see it.

​I do believe recently Lana threw in 2 red herrings and one big MacGuffin and an outright lie to a couple of her statements to the press

​and in concert

like in Salvatore, one step ahead while those behind never catch up and never can be caught

​and BTW, 

​13 beaches may just be the single best song about the aftermath of rape ever.

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp

​13 beaches may just be the single best song about the aftermath of rape ever.

Would you like to explain how you came to that conclusion? That's nothing I've thought about at all.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Would you like to explain how you came to that conclusion? That's nothing I've thought about at all.

I'm curious too, though I would not like to trigger @graham4anything or to make them feel like they have to share something they are not comfortable with...

If I'm not overstepping my boundaries, would you like to provide analysis of the song from your POV?

i am nothing and should be everything