Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I count Paradise as Lana Del Rey's second album, not Ultraviolence, because it's available as a stand alone album with a distinct cover. I don't count the Lizzy Grant or the May Jailer albums because they have been relegated to bootleg status at this point. This would make NFR Lana's sixth album. Also, I suspect L.D.R.'s upcoming seventh album, White Hot Forever, will be her most political album ever. More political than even Lust for Life. Lana said in a recent interview that she plans on releasing the album "within the next twelve or thirteen months", which would place it somewhere around the time of next year's election in the U.S.A.; and I don't believe this is a coincidence. I don't have any problem with Lana getting political, she has every right as a free individual to express her opinion; it's just that I haven't enjoyed her last two albums, beginning with Lust for Life, as much as her previous work. I still highly respect and value Lana's music, she is the Only contemporary artist whose work I consistently follow, and I probably always will.

Does anyone else actually like the song Lust for Life? I feel like the only one sometimes :rip:

It's a cute song but it's nothing more than that. 

dNvtmdN.png

I count Paradise as Lana Del Rey's second album, not Ultraviolence, because it's available as a stand alone album with a distinct cover. I don't count the Lizzy Grant or the May Jailer albums because they have been relegated to bootleg status at this point. This would make NFR Lana's sixth album. Also, I suspect L.D.R.'s upcoming seventh album, White Hot Forever, will be her most political album ever. More political than even Lust for Life. Lana said in a recent interview that she plans on releasing the album "within the next twelve or thirteen months", which would place it somewhere around the time of next year's election in the U.S.A.; and I don't believe this is a coincidence. I don't have any problem with Lana getting political, she has every right as a free individual to express her opinion; it's just that I haven't enjoyed her last two albums, beginning with Lust for Life, as much as her previous work. I still highly respect and value Lana's music, she is the Only contemporary artist whose work I consistently follow, and I probably always will.

That is unpopular indeed. Lizzy Grant was a released album, so it counts. And the May Jailer albums were recorded professionally, so they count too.

giphy.gif

I don't like how Lana changes the lyrics while singing live. It catches me off guard and takes me out of the song.

But it can be really insightful.

For example, we now know that Bartender definitely isn't about Chase, because of:

"You bought me a truck in the middle of the night"

Let's face it, the dude has only every said three words in two movies so he certainly isn't in a position to buy Lanz a truck. Or maybe it is about him, and that's why it's a sketchy, no-warranty, middle-of-the-night transaction, because that's all he could afford.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

For example, we now know that Bartender definitely isn't about Chase, because of:

Let's face it, the dude has only every said three words in two movies so he certainly isn't in a position to buy Lanz a truck. Or maybe it is about him, and that's why it's a sketchy, no-warranty, middle-of-the-night transaction, because that's all he could afford.

First of all I had a few drinks but I wanna say, Rorman, I love your posts! You're so insightful. Anyway, I do agree. I remember this specific concert where she sang "let me f*** you hard in the pouring rain" and obviously the crowd went wild. I dunno, it's usually unexpected and it can be thrilling, that's what I love you know

First of all I had a few drinks but I wanna say, Rorman, I love your posts! You're so insightful. Anyway, I do agree. I remember this specific concert where she sang "let me f*** you hard in the pouring rain" and obviously the crowd went wild. I dunno, it's usually unexpected and it can be thrilling, that's what I love you know

that's how it was at the Jones Beach show last night.

giphy.gif

A one-word change like that is fine and it doesn't take me out of the song. I was talking about entire line changes like

"Boys don't make too much noise on twitter cause it's not funny"

"I've been trying too hard... my only one-hit song". 

And whatever the hell she just sang in TNC live with Sean Ono Lennon, which reminds me how she also changed "Baby you have to forget, and i have to move on" to that retched line that we all know in the official LFL version.

I remember this specific concert where she sang "let me f*** you hard in the pouring rain" and obviously the crowd went wild. I dunno, it's usually unexpected and it can be thrilling, that's what I love you know

Yes that one-word change was great!

I kind of hate the demo of Beautiful People because of the way it’s mixed. I know it’s supposed to be a rough draft but the vocals have a weird quality to them and the instrumental sounds lifeless. The presentation just makes it hard for me to appreciate the tenderness of the lyrics.

It would probably evoke more emotion for me if it was a laptop demo or something.

The shade lol

You call me lavender, you call me sunshine.