Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I’m so over every pop girl getting compared to lana. From Billie to Camille. I think the media does it just to over compensate for how cruel they were to Lana. So now we have to read a million articles about how lana paved the way for Billie or Halsey. Really lana didn’t do that it was more like Avril Lavigne, Amy lee, and that bitch from paramore. Camille is just a generic top 40s pop girlie, who made a video shot 480p with some fake deep shit about love. I’m over it.

Maybe we should say things like Amy winehouse paved the way for Lana and Fiona Apple paved the way for Amy. Or you know we could do the smart thing and just let female musicians exist in their own space and stop pitting them against each other. Nobody does this shit to male artist, even when they directly rip off other male artist. So many people in the music world act like you can only like 1 or 2 female artist. I mean there are still people separating their favorite musician, from their favorite female musician.

I’m not some kind of Halsey or Billie stan. He’ll i wish they would rip lana off more, maybe they would make good music.

stoppp i love hayley williams paramore was my middle school CRACK :lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

i cringe whenever people compare halsey to lana. theyre so different, although i can definitely see how halsey was likely trying to emulate lanas vibe in her first album and failed. i think shes one of those edgy "im not like other girls" try-hards, whereas lana is just being lana.

not to mention halsey is like entirely pop, and one thing that irritates me about her is that shes so adamant about being called "alternative." like girl have you heard your music? I have to laugh...

i cringe whenever people compare halsey to lana. theyre so different, although i can definitely see how halsey was likely trying to emulate lanas vibe in her first album and failed. i think shes one of those edgy "im not like other girls" try-hards, whereas lana is just being lana.

not to mention halsey is like entirely pop, and one thing that irritates me about her is that shes so adamant about being called "alternative." like girl have you heard your music? I have to laugh...

That’s another thing that annoys me about Halsey comparisons, because lana is such a girls girl. She’s the antithesis of ‘not like other girls’. I also read that there wouldn’t be a lorde without lana, yes there would. Lana and lorde literally have nothing in common musically or aesthetically.

I’ve been a fan of Lana since 2011. I’ve always been annoyed at how underrated and under appreciated lana was. I’m annoyed seeing media types paint as some kind of musician Demi goddess, who has paved the way for all these new and up and coming pop girls. These hoes didn’t have that energy until 2017 and it’s annoying me.

I feel like NFR's metacritic score is some kind of compensation... I truly don't believe NFR showcases how strong of a song writer Lana is. I mean if anything HM or UV showcases her best her writing

The strings in Cinnamon are very ugly and don't feel necessary.

I think they added a bit of (okay, unnecessary) drama to the verses, but I hate them in the outro. The outro in general really annoys me and I've been really open about it on the NFR thread lmao. I can't believe how they missed the opportunity to make an epic outro with the heavy beats instead of the flat strings and just as flat trap beat.

I feel like NFR's metacritic score is some kind of compensation... I truly don't believe NFR showcases how strong of a song writer Lana is. I mean if anything HM or UV showcase her best her writing

I definitely think it does. It's her strongest songwriting. Some lines simply amaze me.

feels funny that this is an unpopular opinion, but 'video games' is still my favourite ever lana song

This probably isn’t an unpopular opinion, but video games is probably one of the most beautiful pop songs of all time. It’s up there with songs wouldn’t it be nice by The Beach Boys or dirty work by steely dan.

Perhaps the ultimate unpopular opinion - I actually prefer when I don't know the specific details of what inspired a song, despite the reality that I get sucked in to want to find out as much as I can. The fact I can now visualise exactly who 'Video Games' is about takes away quite a bit of the magic of it. It's a bit like wanting to see 'behind the scenes' vision of your favourite movie, and seeing that that deeply emotional scene that's always moved you was actually the actor yelling at a tennis ball on a stick, while a bunch of bored crewmembers stood around waiting for lunch.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Perhaps the ultimate unpopular opinion - I actually prefer when I don't know the specific details of what inspired a song, despite the reality that I get sucked in to want to find out as much as I can. The fact I can now visualise exactly who 'Video Games' is about takes away quite a bit of the magic of it. It's a bit like wanting to see 'behind the scenes' vision of your favourite movie, and seeing that that deeply emotional scene that's always moved you was actually the actor yelling at a tennis ball on a stick, while a bunch of bored crewmembers stood around waiting for lunch.

IKR! Sometimes a song is more meaningful when you don't know exactly what it's about.