Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Surprise, surprise. I have honestly not been into a Lana album from start to finish after Honeymoon. Not to say that I don't like songs on both Lust for Life and NFR!, but there are just elements on both albums that make me not enjoy them to the fullest.

LMAO I haven't fully enjoyed a Lana album since Ultraviolence. Honeymoon has a handful of songs I don't particularly like *cough* most notably Freak *cough*, LFL is a huge mess in general and doesn't deserve require a detailed comment, and NFR would have been flawless if it wasn't for certain... choices on some songs (the "t-t" sound in Bartender freaks me out, for example, and the Christmas bells in How To Disappear are annoying as fuck). Born To Die, Paradise, and Ultraviolence remain unbothered.Β 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

LMAO I haven't fully enjoyed a Lana album since Ultraviolence. Honeymoon has a handful of songs I don't particularly like *cough* most notably Freak *cough*, LFL is a huge mess in general and doesn't deserve require a detailed comment, and NFR would have been flawless if it wasn't for certain... choices on some songs (the "t-t" sound in Bartender freaks me out, for example, and the Christmas bells in How To Disappear are annoying as fuck). Born To Die, Paradise, and Ultraviolence remain unbothered.Β 

Β 

I mean I do not particularly enjoy High By The Beach and Freak all that much, but in no way do they make me enjoy the album less, only two skips. Whereas Lust for Life and Norman Fucking Rockwell!... a collection of skips.

Her lyrics and message of her songs are heavily romanticizing abusive, addictive, and codependent relationships. I know a lot of girls growing up hearing that and having it kind of, mold their perspective into their early twenties is supppper harmful. Do I still find it romantic? YEAH, LOL. But it's fucked up.

Β 

How about these young kids get educated by their parents and not Lana Del Rey?

Β 

I mean I was 17 years old when I first started listening to Lana and I'm now 24, granted I'm not a woman, but still I knew they were just that lyrics? Lana's way of expressing her thoughts, recall events or tell her fantasies? Might as well make it sound romantic and beautiful, yet tragic?Β  :makeup:

Sounds intrignint but I don't see it. Would you mind explaining more?

Β 

in the music video there's a quick shot of heroin being heated up. that is what they are referring to.Β 

if you like my face just thank my surgeon | your friendly local trans - catch me modeling for:Β https://dragunbeauty.com/

Lust For Life (album) is actually quite good. It's not my favorite from her by any means, but listening to it while driving at night the other night was such a serene experience.

Album highlights: Love, 13 Beaches, Cherry, Summer Bummer, In My Feelings, God Bless America (the bridge and final chorus :flutter: ), Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Get Free

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

Lust For Life (album) is actually quite good. It's not my favorite from her by any means, but listening to it while driving at night the other night was such a serene experience.

Album highlights: Love, 13 Beaches, Cherry, Summer Bummer, In My Feelings, God Bless America (the bridge and final chorus :flutter: ), Tomorrow Never Came, Heroin, Get Free

Β 

I actually think it might be better than NFR.

Β 

LFL has more lows, but also more highs, whereas NFR to me is just ... not interesting. She took risks on LFL and they didn't all pay off, but they're there, whereas NFR is safe af.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

ma'am could YOU explain whatΒ intrignint is

Omg, *intriguingΒ  :toofunny:

I actually think it might be better than NFR.

Β 

LFL has more lows, but also more highs, whereas NFR to me is just ... not interesting. She took risks on LFL and they didn't all pay off, but they're there, whereas NFR is safe af.

This x 10

Β 

Funny how that has got her the best reviews tooΒ 

For me, LFL had one high and that was the end of Heroin. Get Free and Cherry are bops but her voice sounds like it's behind a piece of paper

She recorded some songs with a piece a paper between her and the microphone... :crossed:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song.Β It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Β