Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I want to think that Norman is the best one so far but BAR/TNBAR sounds too much like it belongs to LFL (sonically) and although I absolutely love Doin’ Time, I don’t think it fits the album either. They bother me just slightly and I wish they weren’t there but released as stand-alone singles instead, or that BAR was on LFL or scrapped completely.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

I want to think that Norman is the best one so far but BAR/TNBAR sounds too much like it belongs to LFL (sonically) and although I absolutely love Doin’ Time, I don’t think it fits the album either. They bother me just slightly and I wish they weren’t there but released as stand-alone singles instead, or that BAR was on LFL or scrapped completely.

I like TNBAR and I'm kinda glad she released it  but it really could fit on LFL. Imagine Lana would have released RBFY, TNBAR (and Yosemite :D) after LFL as standalone singles. These outtakes, which seems to be special to Lana, would have found a home, maybe with music videos

And with Doin' Time I often feel the same. For a very short time I thought it kinda fit but then again I often think that it doesn't fit on this album...

overall it is a good album but it is not 100% perfect...

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Idk where to post this but does anyone else find it a little strange how she forgets the lyrics to her past songs? Sometimes I get a feeling it's an excuse for her to not sing certain songs she doesn't like but who knows. Like I still remember word for word a song I had to remember in preschool so how does she not remember songs she wrote and performed multiple times? 

Idk where to post this but does anyone else find it a little strange how she forgets the lyrics to her past songs? Sometimes I get a feeling it's an excuse for her to not sing certain songs she doesn't like but who knows. Like I still remember word for word a song I had to remember in preschool so how does she not remember songs she wrote and performed multiple times? 

It's part of her new LA bimbo persona. Soon to be Oklahoma bimbo persona, by the looks.

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

It's part of her new LA bimbo persona. Soon to be Oklahoma bimbo persona, by the looks.

It's me, your little Tulsa bitch

tulsa-b-tch.png

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

I completely forgot about this shit

Which do we think were the other songs?

IIRC, we know she did it for Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems and Change because you could see it in the clips she put on Instagram, but to me, her voice sounds odd on more than half of the album. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

i've said this since uv but i want home gal to move out of california again (and not to alabama) but like literally.. back to nyc, london.

i feel like it could help her come up with something else again, or maybe write a few songs on her next longer vacation to italy or something (she seems to go there every (other) year and she has a show there next year again)

i76mrxw.png 

How can she forget the lyrics to Carmen?  :facepalm:

How can she forget to put Honeymoon Songs on the setlist?

How can she forget a 20 minute music video for three songs from her new album?

How can she forget that she has worn a similiar leather outfit (and not really good looking) on the LATTMT

How can she forget to publish her poetry book?

There are a lot of questions.....

IIRC, we know she did it for Beautiful People, Beautiful Problems and Change because you could see it in the clips she put on Instagram, but to me, her voice sounds odd on more than half of the album. 

I think White Mustang too..at least it sounds like she did it

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

How can she forget to put Honeymoon Songs on the setlist?

How can she forget a 20 minute music video for three songs from her new album?

How can she forget that she has worn a similiar leather outfit (and not really good looking) on the LATTMT

How can she forget to publish her poetry book?

There are a lot of questions.....

I think White Mustang too..at least it sounds like she did it

Omg 

And definitely White Mustang yeah

Not that unpopular ... I've spoken to numerous fans who are over the album and/or her antics.

NFR is a good album, yall just are a really shitty fanbase who rushes to call a masterpiece everything that sounds decent cause you hate to think that what you like isn’t the best new shit

Like it’s a good album, not 9.4 good but good nonetheless, probably her most competent and genuine

Not really about Lana more about the fandom. I think that a lot of Lana fans expect too much from her. Lana from day one has talked about just wanting to make music, other than that she has always been straight forward about lacking ambition and motivation. That's why I think she should just stop touring or she should do smaller venues (like bars and small theaters like really small lol). That's why I think she should embrace simple homemade music videos instead of these half assed over produced rich lee videos. It's totally normal for people to not like this reality. There is nothing wrong with 'unstanning' and only listening to her earlier albums. I would have 'unstanned' if she kept making btd/paradise esqe albums. Same if she would have released albums back to back that sounded like ultra. It's obvious Lana has just wanted the ability to make music whenever she wanted and do have the freedom do whatever she wanted. She's not going to stop vaping or saying fuck or using tacky 8mm filters on her videos or forgetting the lyrics to her own songs or putting too much on her plate and once and just forgetting about half the things she's promised she was going to do.

I don't like that she's going after Grammys so hard. Like, she suddenly cares so much about winning a Grammy that she's playing at the Grammy Museum, and teaching kids at the Grammy University (or whatever the fuck it is).

The Recording Academy has snubbed her for most of her career and, despite that, she's essentially bootlicking to try and win a Grammy. Everyone knows that the Grammys are bullshit so the fact that she wants one so badly is dismaying.

I thought it was "all about the music", but one very safe-sounding album later + obvious pandering to the Recording Academy to try and win an award for said safe-sounding album + lots of other stuff I won't go into right now makes me question that. 

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream