Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

probs bc they knew Honeymoon would need a "banger" to promo. Do you really think if Salvatore or Religion got a place as the 2nd single instead of HBTB that they would get radio play? idek if HBTB got much radio play but at least it got some. oh and I heard from somewhere Lana said it was the last song because her label wanted a more pop sounding song? could've been false

The sad thing is High by the Beach is not a banger, will never be a banger, and did not help with the Honeymoon promo at all

I love Swan Song!! it's so sad but also really nuanced. i like the lyrics too.

also, why do people like FMWUTTT? it's boring as hell and lacks anything close to passion

:die:  blasphemy! It is a masterpiece. You aren't listening to it correctly  

The sad thing is High by the Beach is not a banger, will never be a banger, and did not help with the Honeymoon promo at all

honestly, truly. but from Lana's POV it was probably the best she could do after being told to (most probably) write a pop hit that would chart #1.

65bd2c2193c8751f270e1a169eb4fc2e.gif

probs bc they knew Honeymoon would need a "banger" to promo. Do you really think if Salvatore or Religion got a place as the 2nd single instead of HBTB that they would get radio play? idek if HBTB got much radio play but at least it got some. oh and I heard from somewhere Lana said it was the last song she wrote and it was very hard to write because her label wanted a more pop sounding song? could've been false

hbtb did not happen in europe, salvatore was the song bbc choose to play and it's also the only song that did have potential to be a radio hit in europe. she even had some sort of deal with bbc because she got to do a live lounge (even with her silly request not to be filmed) then they also played hbtb and premiered salvatore. her team however thought one european radio is enough for her to get #1s across the continent. they also didn't really do anything with salvatore which was a pretty stupid decision since a radio (one of the most influencial pop radios across europe, when you compare their new sounds prediction thing with the actual charts in the following year) choose that song to be played.

i76mrxw.png 

Its a pretty bad song, but how so? The lyrics aren't the best, but the instrumental is pretty. That mess called 'Resistance' struggles in both those areas

And Caught You Boy? Lol

You have really bad hearing. I swear. Resistance is the ultimate pop bop. And... Are you even a Lana fan? What's your favorite song?

Resistance is the definiton of what musical direction I'd neve rwant lana to go in. It's so generic and uninsteresting and it does not even sound goof

Honestly, it was really nice to get as a Lana track and I have to admit I bopped to it on a daily basis when it first came out, but now that I've heard it quite a bit, I think the hype has worn down a lot for me. The lyrics and melodies are nothing groundbreaking or that innovative, its a typical Lana song full of her usual clichés and themes. As much as I love these types of songs (because let's be real, I love every Lana song), I don't think that going in that direction would be a good decision. It's really generic and I feel like we've heard a million of these kinds of songs, not specifically in Lana's musicology but just more so from all those generic pop singers.

1 - I always laugh a little when I hear The Blackest Day, specifically the lines "All I hear is Billie Holiday, it's all that I play  :lange: " (I always imagine that gif actually  :creep: ) . The line it's so dramatic that is funny for me. And the way she sang (that it's a familiar, but I don't remember from where I heard) just makes more dramatic  :toofunny: . You know when you're sad and you are dramatic even with little things like, "OMG! I'm monster, I killed a bug while I was walking!  :lange: " . Maybe was meant to be this way, so you can see how bad she is or maybe could meant that she just hear sad songs when she's bad, like the majority of the human beings. Well, who knows?  :whatever2: But still, is a very sad song.  :poordat:

2 - Also, I actually like the "Stranger than stranger" line. I tried to not like and find dumb like the majority of you all, but this line have a meaning for me. I don't know, something like she can't remember stuff so clearly anymore because it's been a long time since the events happened and her memories are starting to fade. Well, who knows again?  :whatever2:

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

Honestly, it was really nice to get as a Lana track and I have to admit I bopped to it on a daily basis when it first came out, but now that I've heard it quite a bit, I think the hype has worn down a lot for me. The lyrics and melodies are nothing groundbreaking or that innovative, its a typical Lana song full of her usual clichés and themes. As much as I love these types of songs (because let's be real, I love every Lana song), I don't think that going in that direction would be a good decision. It's really generic and I feel like we've heard a million of these kinds of songs, not specifically in Lana's musicology but just more so from all those generic pop singers.

TBH, if I had to choose between another slow, unexciting Lana album and one that sounds like her 2010/2011 unreleased stuff (which of course includes Resistance-ish songs), I'd definitely go for the latter one. 

:twirls:

And just to be clear: Yes, I like Honeymoon. Yes, I like Terrence Loves You, Religion, Swan Song, 24 etc. But I don't want another album like it.

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif

i like burnt norton, i think it adds a lot of insight to who she is and why she writes what she does. no one seemed to have a problem with her reciting howl on tropico, but i think the selection of burnt norton she reads is much more genuine than that.

tumblr_oz83mp1hxO1wc2gv3o1_500.png

I wouldn't mind hearing something like Prom Song (Imho her best pop song), this song has such a hopeless feel to it like you can feel her happiness fading which is quite weird because it's really up tempo :lel:

8nl2OpX.png

It’s actually called Stoplight De-lite but omg thanks to you I now see the pun. :omg:

lollol When it leaked. Or rather when I got it, it was like both.

It was hypened like Spotlight Delight(Stoplight De-lite) or Stop lite delight it was weird. But that's besides the point. the pun is cute, the song is cute, the "fly like bird" and then giggle.