Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

I fucking love Money Power Glory (I didn't saw many people liking so...), Driving in Cars with Boys is Lizzy Grant's version of Ride, You Can Be The Boss is a little irritating and I feel that some songs on Lana Del Ray A.K.A Lizzy Grant were lacking creativity and she repeated lyrics and lengthened some words just to fill up. But is still amazing :)

Money Power Glory is amazing

~INSTA1.gif

I don't think that there is anything that justifies following her anymore. I don't see how she could reinvent herself or do something relevant musically. She has an intriguing voice but that's about it. I clarified for myself that she represented to me some kind of a demented online crush (she got me somehow with her morose attitude and her sexy voice) which is now fading away. All that is left is the neurosis and the bafflement about the time that I spent thinking about a virtual entity because she never become something real to me. I went back to listening classical music as I was before discovering her. Since this is my last post here I recommend to all of you to listen to Bach and his peers and maybe some of you will be embarrassed by the scrobbles you had recently. I wish LDR/E. Grant the best

I’m not as interested in flip-floppers

I don't think that there is anything that justifies following her anymore. I don't see how she could reinvent herself or do something relevant musically. She has an intriguing voice but that's about it. I clarified for myself that she represented to me some kind of a demented online crush (she got me somehow with her morose attitude and her sexy voice) which is now fading away. All that is left is the neurosis and the bafflement about the time that I spent thinking about a virtual entity because she never become something real to me. I went back to listening classical music as I was before discovering her. Since this is my last post here I recommend to all of you to listen to Bach and his peers and maybe some of you will be embarrassed by the scrobbles you had recently. I wish LDR/E. Grant the best

Ok you're literally here only spreading hate on her.

If you don't like her anymore, just leave this forum and find a new singer.

What do you really expect from posting these kind posts in here? It seems like you're just looking for attention.

giphy.gif

This entire post is so extra and obnoxious. You seriously sound like one of those people who make claims of their IQ being the same as Einsteins and how they're the "lone intellectual in the world of smart-phones-dumb-people". Just leave her forum of you don't like her anymore. 

I detect a serious case of special snowflake syndrome  :lmao:  :smokes3:  Bye you won't be missed...

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

You're not so much ragging on LDR as your apparent neurosis with respect to her, or the perception of time wasted for being enthralled by her, which I guess is the unpopular opinion. I can certainly sympathize feeling uneasy about that, given the amount of time I think about her. 

It may be that her voice is the last thing to survive your growing apathy. However, her music, lyrics, videos, physical appearance, and people's often polarized reaction to these things still intrigue me. I also don't get a sense that she's done anything spectacularly wrong career-wise, other than failing to promote herself like an aspiring rock star (which I don't much care about) or suppressing her earlier pre-BTD work (which I care about possibly too much). For her future, I just hope she continues to defy expectations and/or be "subversive" in her art.

Listen to classical music (every era) and the masters of every genre by all means; it'll teach you a lot about a very human (?) kind of evolution, but this bears little on artistic merit of LDR, because art is judged (I would argue) on it's non-redundancies with other art. Things can be great for different reasons or have different agendas. I think LDR and the jazz/rock era more generally have some unique characteristics relative to classical music and a very different agenda (just as the Classical and Romantic eras have some uniqueness relative to the Baroque). 

:dorothy3:

I can't stand the egotism of GBCW posts made by posters.

to quote John Kerry who should have been President "Don't let the door kick you on the way out".

(wonder what new name he will come BACH to post more negative shit as).

Lana is our modern day Edith Piaf. Totally unique. a mixture of Brian WIlson Roy Orbison, Leonard Cohen, Gram Parsons, Elton & Bernie. Born to Die/Paradise is comparable to Elton's Captain Fantastic. All the records need to be listened whole. Waiting for a box set vinyl of all 400 songs not on any lp