Sitar

Unpopular Lana Opinions

Unpopular opinion: As much as I love BTD/UV/HM, I still think Sirens is her most authentic work, as in she literally just sat up in her bedroom working on it for a year and then recorded it. I love the 2005 - 2010 era the most; like the Keds commercial she did. living in the trailer park w/ the fish-tanks and party decorations. She had this hazy-dreamy-mystic-strange thing going on back then that I feel had to die a little for LDR to be able to live. Her nostalgia these days feels more polished and commercialized whereas in the past it seemed natural. Then again, maybe Lizzy Grant wouldn't seem so nostalgic if LDR had never been created. It's looking at the two women side by side that creates the contrast.

What's the doing even about? The lyrics are so plain. The instrumental sounds like some cheesyt ringtone with pianos just added in.

giphy.gif

That song has it all. A cute beat, GREAT lyrics, and a cute Lana sound.

The lyrics are about Lana being a bad influence on a boy who has his life figured out. She's ultimately gonna be his downfall. "I'm coming over baby you can't go to school today, dum dum."

giphy.gif

That song has it all. A cute beat, GREAT lyrics, and a cute Lana sound.

The lyrics are about Lana being a bad influence on a boy who has his life figured out. She's ultimately gonna be his downfall. "I'm coming over baby you can't go to school today, dum dum."

yeah. he saying a guy can't go to school because she's coming over and babytalking "dum dum" are great lyrics. the beat is so plain, it sounds like something in audacity. it's cute, but it's not good.

yeah. he saying a guy can't go to school because she's coming over and babytalking "dum dum" are great lyrics. the beat is so plain, it sounds like something in audacity. it's cute, but it's not good.

It's not baby talk. She's calling a him a "dum dum" like the word Dumb. lol

but okay! I mean this is the unpopular lana opinions. So, disagreements will happen.

I'm disappointed by the fact that Lana let Pretty When You Cry (which is a terrible song) end up on UV and kept Your Girl (which sounds amazing according to the snippets) off. Big mistake.

I like 24 and Swan Song  :creep:. Although they seemed a little weak and gave me an impression that something in the production was missing, I think 24 have kind of an epic sound (reminds me of one of the Big Eyes's tracks. Probably Big Eyes, can't remember) and I just love the escapism theme as well as the sound on Swan Song.

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

I'm disappointed by the fact that Lana let Pretty When You Cry (which is a terrible song) end up on UV and kept Your Girl (which sounds amazing according to the snippets) off. Big mistake.

:hdu:  :hdu:  :hdu: gorl you just won the title of the most unpopular opinion of the month ! Your heresy shook me