Beemo

Grimes

omg best news to wake up to rn

♡ I had a dream that I was fine, I wasn't crazy, I was divine ♡                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        

She really should have just shut the fuck up until she knew the album was definitely slated for release. She's been teasing this for well over a year now and it's irritating. Even admitting on Twitter that she's working on new material instead of finishing up the album like.... what? And now she's backtracking and songs that she originally announced aren't even on the damn album... ugh

I know fans have no "right" to an artists music and we should be patient, but it's so fucking annoying when they tease it on social media for literal months/years and make promises that they don't stick to. I get that there's label drama/stuff behind the scenes that we don't see but even still, that should teach you even more to just keep the information to yourself until everything is set in stone.

I also laugh at that Apple promo she did: "I hate permission. If I want to drop something I just drop it".... yet she's on Twitter every other week moaning about her label/management interfering. Hush up, finish the album and then talk. 

The new song is cute, but nobody was really asking for it. How about That's What the Drugs are For or So Heavy which you've been teasing since last Spring? I'm getting sick of these girls...

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

wasn't she having label issues last year ??? maybe they're getting in the way of the release, because i'm pretty she has an album worth of material to put out

no, she said on Twitter the other day that she was making new songs (Pretty Dark) instead of finishing the album and that she wasn't even feeling passionate about the album anymore because all the songs are like 2 years old  :rip:  inb4 scrapped

i'm flying to the moon again, dreaming about heroin... 

no, she said on Twitter the other day that she was making new songs (Pretty Dark) instead of finishing the album and that she wasn't even feeling passionate about the album anymore because all the songs are like 2 years old  :rip:  inb4 scrapped

i bet it's not even the label at this point, it's just her sick of the old material

Grimes has announced via Instagram her next album will be titled Miss_Anthrop0cene! She described it as being of an ethereal & nu metal sound. She also said it’s possible she’ll continue to drop more singles and maybe even an EP of synth-based tracks before the album. In the comments section, she hinted that Loona & Rico Nasty may be featured on the album.

Here’s the full note from her Instagram post:

“New Album: Grimes - Miss_Anthrop0cene

1. mis·an·thrope

noun:

a person who dislikes humankind and avoids human society.

2. Anthropocene: The Anthropocene is a proposed epoch dating from the commencement of significant human impact on the Earth’s Geology and ecosystems including, but not limited to, anthropogenic climate change. ————————————

Just fount out my first interview in a few years is coming out tomorrow. I thought the writer was quite smart so hopefully it’s accurate haha. But just in case (cuz I’ve had some p fucked press drama this year) I’m announcing album here first: ———————————-It’s called Miss_Anthropocene. It’s a concept album about the anthropomorphic Goddess of climate Change: A psychedelic, space-dwelling demon/ beauty-Queen who relishes the end of the world. She’s composed of Ivory and Oil (I’ve done some illustrations of her if you scroll down my instagram). ———————————-‍♀

I love Godly personifications of abstract/ horrific concepts (For example, Mars as the Roman God of War) — so I wanted to update the list to include our modern issues. ———————————-

Each song will be a different embodiment of human extinction as depicted through a Pop star Demonology. The first song ‘we appreciate power’, introduced the pro-AI-propaganda girl group who embody our potential enslavement/destruction at the hands of Artificial General intelligence. ———————————-

It’s possible I will drop an EP or a few more singles of synth-based stuff b4 the album because its mostly ethereal nu metal (ish), and I know a lot of ppl miss the synths and whatnot. ———————————- Climate change is something I’m only ever confronted with in a sad/ guilty way…. Reading news and what not… so my goal is to make climate change fun (lol..??)…. uhhh… (I mean, everybody loves a good villain... re: the joker, Queen Beryl).. so maybe it’ll be a bit easier to look at if it can exist as a character and not just abstract doom. ———————————-☢☣

More musique soon!

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS