♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

I can’t believe it’s the exact same as the leaked version that was dated from a year ago. Did she really not have anything else recorded she could have released instead and have been a surprise? I feel like this is gonna be a major flop and she will be rush releasing another single in a month.

The video is cute but I'm so disappointed at the fact that it's the same leaked version :rip:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

the video is kinda serving power rangers 90s space warrior type of movie

saying gaga is trying to copy those internet nobodies when none of them came up with “the aesthetic” they’re using because it has been around for ages already (bjork, general 90s graphic design, campy aesthetics, lachapelle, etc)... gaga’s lachapelle shoot had moments that could fit right into the aesthetic and that happened while kim petras and slayyter probably still had stan accounts on twitter.

if so i feel like it’s much more grimes than any of the others.

i76mrxw.png 

Why am I scared for this era?

Also, I don’t consider myself a stan of gaga, but I was looking forward to this song and mv. But may I ask since I’m genuinely curious:

what attracted you to gaga? what do you think made gaga different?

Also, this video is more interesting than Perfect Illusion's MV and that's a fact :creep:

"ser bella me dio privilegios, pero ser astuta me dio poder"  :makeup:

Also, I don’t consider myself a stan of gaga, but I was looking forward to this song and mv. But may I ask since I’m genuinely curious:

She likes to take risks and doesnt give a f about what anyone thinks. When she came with disco pop in 2008 everybody thought she would flop hard bc of the aesthetic sound and whatever. She embraced gay comunnity since day one and imo made me accept who I am since a teenager at the time and this came so natural for her. All the clothes and tours... she slayed with vision since forever. Nowadays I can see shes not that strong bc ppl in general wants to listen to another genre which isnt all that pop the old gays are used to back in the 2010's and tbh this is natural, Gaga wont last forever. One thing is for sure: she doesnt have to prove anything to anyone anymore. Shes an artist and will always deliver a concept, everyone wants to see her next step and thats what is it like to be a Gaga stan. She's always happy with whatever she does.

gaga’s lachapelle shoot had moments that could fit right into the aesthetic and that happened while kim petras and slayyter probably still had stan accounts on twitter.

You don't have to use "probably" for Slayyyter

I loved her acoustic piano renditions of her pop songs and her visuals (poker face, paparazzi, love game, alejandro, telephone videos) were out of this world.

Lady Gaga has remained one of the biggest pop stars on the planet without actually making much pop music. She abandoned her synths and donned her best cowgirl drag for 2016’s rootsy Joanne, and while she buried a few in-character bangers deep in the soundtrack for A Star Is Born, that movie’s enduring hits were classic power ballads that would’ve sounded just as comfortable in 1978 as in 2018. “Stupid Love,” her new single, is her much-ballyhooed return to pop-as-genre. It’s “classic Gaga,” that imperial phase at the end of the ’00s when the only thing bigger than her hits were the music videos and conceptual art pieces surrounding them.

The song gestures toward that era without achieving the same kind of grandeur. Those big-budget mini-films were often accompanied by music that was just as audacious; the bulletproof hooks spread throughout The Fame Monster and Born This Way were coated in hair metal grease and industrial grime. If the brawny, shiny disco of “Stupid Love” sounds like anything in her catalog, it’s a sped-up version of “Do What U Want,” a song mostly erased from the public record because of its prominent R. Kelly feature. The video’s embrace of late-’90s JRPG energy pales in ambition and scale compared to “Bad Romance” or “Telephone.”

And yet it still feels like “Stupid Love” is filling a void in our downcast, anxious, genre-fluid landscape: The only other artist working in this mode is Dua Lipa, whose Future Nostalgia singles—big, bright, and heart-on-sleeve—have pushed her into a new echelon of pop stardom. There’s an appetite for this kind of unapologetically exuberant sound, one evidenced by the communal frenzy for the leaked version of this song earlier this year that earned a tongue-in-cheek reprimand from Gaga herself. “Stupid Love” may not reposition her at pop’s bleeding edge, but it captures just enough of the goofy, indomitable spirit that made her so refreshing in the first place.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/lady-gaga-stupid-love/

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371