♡GagaOopsy♡

Lady Gaga

I can kinda see why this is the lead... I mean it's leaked, but it sounds like something the GP might eat up.
I just have way higher expectations for anything else we get from Chromatica

“Stupid Love” may not reposition her at pop’s bleeding edge, but it captures just enough of the goofy, indomitable spirit that made her so refreshing in the first place.

!!!!!!!!!

i love the song and the video!!! each get better the more i listen/watch. keep in mind i only listened to the leak once. i feel like we really haven't seen gaga dance since ArtRave so i'm happy

kinda similar how britney's work bitch wasn't her best but we got our life anyway because "SHE WAS ACTUALLY DANCING AGAIN"

if the song is any indication of what chromatica will sound like, i'm EXCITED

Didn’t she dance a lot during the Joanne world tour? I remember thinking her dance skills seemed a lot better than artrave given she seemed to be in better shape

YoungKindheartedCapybara-max-1mb.gif

Imo Chromatica will have another sound signature. With the exception of Just Dance, all the other lead singles from Gaga had nothing to do with the albums they belong to.

Mm forsure. PI hyped me so well for something we didnt really get. N Joanne’s great for what she is, but was like. Was it so wrong to expect something more from that specific soundscape? Idk everything, but mm. Back on topic thooo, love this track, its so goofy n fun, its refreshing. I’m honestly just gonna say I’d rather not have another Joanne sitch ‘less it was veined more like Yoü and I

UV/Honeymoon

I absolutely ADOOOOOOOOOORE the new art direction, been following the designers on insta for a while and was very pleasantly surprised, what a dream job

I've been trying to figure out who's behind the visuals, would you be so kind and give me their names?  :wub:

kySyfQZ.jpg

Mm forsure. PI hyped me so well for something we didnt really get. N Joanne’s great for what she is, but was like. Was it so wrong to expect something more from that specific soundscape? Idk everything, but mm. Back on topic thooo, love this track, its so goofy n fun, its refreshing. I’m honestly just gonna say I’d rather not have another Joanne sitch ‘less it was veined more like Yoü and I

100% with u. Why couldnt Joanne follow PI sound aesthetic? It was perfect that pop rock sound

Well shit seems like most critics love the track -

I don't usually agree with him much but he's spot on with this review.

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

The critics are praising her and while I don't think they mean much, it's nice. I don't think she has chances for grammy awards if Adele is releasing in the same eligibility period as her.

A fun song and definitely much more radio friendly and commercial then any lead she’s put out in a long time. But it’s missing what makes Gaga diffrent, that it’s not pushing boundaries and reinventing her. She needed to come out with a sound which was new and refreshing a bit like Billie.

And quite honestly I don’t like the concept much or this aesthetic, it looks trashy and cheap. I prefer more dark and Avant-garde. She looks like she’s just turned up at a cosplay convention.

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

The fact that this man thinks that Sucker is Charli's best album and dislikes Charli's work with pc music is enough for me to never trust any word coming out of his mouth.

that guy thinks he is holier than thou and it really annoys the shit out of me. he also hated honeymoon so why would anyone take anything he says seriously...

Lana Del Rey Honeymoon GIF

I enjoy stupid love. The lyrics are totally inane but her delivery is great and it gets stuck in your head. It does have a very “Gaga” energy to it that I’m pleased to hear again.

I've been trying to figure out who's behind the visuals, would you be so kind and give me their names?  :wub:

Their instas are 100br, who is the main one, then trvsbrthrs, cavecanem, d.pika and sadcheerleader

Also I absolutely LOVE the song lol I’m such a pophead

ZKcaooE.png

i'm actually really liking the song! it's not mind-blowing, but it's enough to recapture my attention, especially combined w/ the visuals and how happy she seems this era. i've been a hardcore stan since TFM era, but joanne i really couldn't have given less of a fuck about lol and ASIB was fine i guess but not really my thing, so i'm happy this lead single is bringing me back after i basically stopped paying attention.

imo, here's the pros:

• absolutely LOVE the visuals - i'm a gamer and an anime fan so this is so damn far up my street it's practically in my house. i love it!
  • it lays a good foundation for the concept of the album overall and def has me intrigued to see what the full concept will be (i certainly hope there is one)
  • the song is so beautifully '80s and retro, something gaga has always done really well
  • this shit is SOOOO FKN CATCHY it's been in my head all day
  • it's a fun track, nothing too serious, which is a nice change given that the current era of mainstream music is quite serious, deep and dark - she's not following trends, so it seems so much more authentic
  • this song honestly makes me wanna dance, i can't wait to hear this in clubs
  • FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT FREAK OUT
  • loving the dramatic vocals in the "all i ever wanted was loooooove" part

and, for me, the cons:

• my god these lyrics are awful. i really don't understand the entire storyline of the song tbh?? i mean on the one hand it's clearly about love being the key to freeing yourself, opening up that door to let yourself be vulnerable and experience a good thing and all that yea i get it, but.... why is it specifically stupid love??  :flop:  it sounds so juvenile and the title of the song is really the antithesis of its message. 'stupid love' sounds like it could be an anti-love song, but really the song celebrates love and all the good stuff it brings. idk i just hate that. it could've been anything.... "i want all of your love" / "i want your deepest love" / "i want your crazy love" ANYTHING lol idk i feel like this is gonna bug me FOREVER
  • same goes for the single artwork, which i absolutely ADORE visually - but love being in the bear trap kinda confuses me. that's just a minor complaint tho i guess.
  • like i said i absolutely love the video but i do think it could face some criticism - the idea of "kill them with kindness" in this current political climate is a surprisingly controversial one. i love gaga's "be kind" message overall but since the video represents different 'tribes' i guess you could describe them as, i'm sure that could be read as, idk, political parties or whatever... and the whole "stop fighting and just come together!!! <3" mentality can be problematic in that regard. again though, i love the video, but i'm sure some people could read it in that way and just be like "lol this privileged bish....."
  • she def played it safe. i'm sure she'll have some more interesting sounds on the album itself, and i can't help but feel a little like it might have been a good idea to put out something less radio-friendly as a comeback to hook back fans who've moved onto artists like sophie and other hyper-pop artists. many of my friends who are longtime gaga fans just don't find this sound interesting anymore, let alone fresh and new. maybe she should've aimed to get those fans back first, do something a little different and then have a radio smash as the second single. idk.

overall though i'm happy! so happy pop gaga is back!

Wq9zHLl.jpg

Releasing that video after an oscar and the whole "a star is born" era was a choice. The song is cute, it's not mind blowing like she used to be, but it's enjoyable. The video, otherwise, is a full mess; the looks were not it and why the hell her teeth looks so yellowish?