lola

Taylor Swift

So this is my album ranking after hearing it 3 times now. 1 being the best and 16 being the worst...

1. Mirrorball (80's and nostalgic)

2. Exile (had potential to be number 1 but the feature knocked it down a little)

3. August (lovely)

4. The Last Great American Dynasty (fun, catchy)

5. Cardigan (good lyrics)

6. This Is Me Trying (relatable)

7. Seven (relaxing, easing)

8. Epiphany (dunno, pretty)

9. Betty (throwback)

10. My Tears Ricochet (good)

11. The 1 (daydreaming song, sweet)

12. Illicit Affairs (one tone, but sad sounding and pretty)

13. Peace (ehh, its flat, i may need more time with this one)

14. Hoax (still need more time)

15. Invisible String (alright)

16. Mad Woman (annoying, ugly)

But this album has no skips really, the only song i actually dont like though is Mad Woman, sorry luv

Mirrorball is one of my favorite songs on the album and it seems so underappreciated! Worst taste where?

giphy-1.gif 

Best album of the year! (I would say miss anthropocene but i count that album as 2019 cus it leaked like 4 months before its release) :toofunny:

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Listened to the album again and Mirrorball remains as my fave... the lyrics are just amazing and the production is heavenly  :legend:

I really love This Is Me Trying too, and Cardigan and Exile are true gems  :worship:

into your eyes tumblr_olomd1pIFG1u8tvjvo2_500.gif my face remains

Taylor's new album is easily one of the best of 2020 so far. I'm not sure where I rank it amongst my favorites of the year at this point, but it sure makes the top ten.

What I will say is that it feels the way an album should feel. It flows very well. Its kind of old school in the way it flows which I really like. 

My favs in no order (cept top 2 I guess because they are the ones I always wanna hear immediately)

1/2. Seven (I’m from PA and legit teared up at the line about Pennsylvania. Such a touching song about childhood.)

2/1. Cardigan (such a Lana song, vintage tee, dancing in Levi’s, drunk under a streetlight, such old school lana vibez with the lyrics. It builds so well, too.)

The other favs:

Mad woman

Invisible string

The last great American dynasty

August

Betty

I really don’t dislike any song, though. I’ve read that some people don’t think the songs go anywhere and it’s just not true! Each song builds so beautifully and it’s indeed subtle, but I think that makes it so effective. It doesn’t need to go crazy to feel more powerful.

I'm not a big Taylor Swift fan usually. I did really like 1989 but I find most of her music pretty obnoxious. This album however is amazing, can't stop listening. Her best work by far in my opinion, she did a great job here.

Which album cover did those of you who bought it get? I got this one. I actually like the regular “in the trees” one the best, but wanted to do something else for the physical copy.

post-44415-0-57494500-1595812571_thumb.png

Which album cover did those of you who bought it get? I got this one. I actually like the regular “in the trees” one the best, but wanted to do something else for the physical copy.

Me too! I also really liked the standard cover but wanted something different for my copy since there were so many choices and I also chose the hide and seek one. I thought the scenic ones would look the prettiest on a nice big vinyl sleeve. In the end, it was between this one and the running like water one, but I liked the blue vinyl better than the the grey.

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Idk what it's worth but I was browsing the genius page of betty to have confirmation of the protagonist name and there's actually speculation that James might as well be a girl?

" If the “Teenage Love Triangle” throughout the album is accepted as “cardigan,” “august,” and “betty,” it should be noted that the gender of James is never confirmed to be male throughout the songs. And though the narrator of “betty” notices that betty is standing with another boy at a dance, betty’s sexuality is never confirmed. Additionally, close friends of Swift’s, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, have three daughters, all of whose names have been used in “folklore,” James included. Since James is used as a name for a girl, it may be that Swift decided to use the name James as a girl’s name throughout the “Teenage Love Triangle.” "

I think it's far fetched but that would be sooooooooo super cool

I still don't have any favourites / standouts. I absolutely LOVE this record

ZKcaooE.png

Idk what it's worth but I was browsing the genius page of betty to have confirmation of the protagonist name and there's actually speculation that James might as well be a girl?

" If the “Teenage Love Triangle” throughout the album is accepted as “cardigan,” “august,” and “betty,” it should be noted that the gender of James is never confirmed to be male throughout the songs. And though the narrator of “betty” notices that betty is standing with another boy at a dance, betty’s sexuality is never confirmed. Additionally, close friends of Swift’s, Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, have three daughters, all of whose names have been used in “folklore,” James included. Since James is used as a name for a girl, it may be that Swift decided to use the name James as a girl’s name throughout the “Teenage Love Triangle.” "

I think it's far fetched but that would be sooooooooo super cool

I still don't have any favourites / standouts. I absolutely LOVE this record

I love this theory because I’ve been convinced (despite the story she gave) that it’s actually a reworked song she wrote during her Fearless sessions (lyrically & sonically has that vibe) that Big Machine might’ve told her was too gay to release. (In another song she seemed to imply they wouldn’t let her sing about certain things, but maybe I’m wrong.) But that’s just my own theory bc it sounds like it belongs on Fearless and she woulda wrote that album at 17......

75db99d920c2ca66a0ee7e5c2de27df4181ca688

Loved her country stuff, 1989's solid pop, Reputation too, didn't really follow Lover, but the main was great, n a handful of tracks. aside from the real surprise release of it, first listen, it's such a soft and gentle record. like a nice night back in to get warm after a day at the beach or something 

very much get how cardigan takes a lot from Lana's formula, but she makes it more a youthful pop version, and I knew you'd haunt my what if's, the bridge, the main metaphor's the most comforting thing. loved the Bon Iver feature, he's great and it fits the record so well 

UV/Honeymoon