lola

Taylor Swift

I've just listened to "Cardigan" and the song sounds like if Taylor tries to emulate NFR! ;) She obviously likes Lana, we all know that, and it shows in this song imho. Can't say anything about the album yet (but I'm no TS fan so I probably won't be too euphoric...).

yes, it's very similar to Cinnamon Girl actually - the nonstop, almost aggressive melody in constast to the soft instrumental. both share almost the same tempo and drum pattern, with the same reverb in the same snare. same style of piano playing too. both beautiful songs. thank god for LDR!!

i don't wanna get jumped by red stans but this is her lyrical magnum opus 

im a red stan but this is is her lyrical magnum opus. some red lyrics are incredibly overrated.

I've just listened to "Cardigan" and the song sounds like if Taylor tries to emulate NFR! ;) She obviously likes Lana, we all know that, and it shows in this song imho. Can't say anything about the album yet (but I'm no TS fan so I probably won't be too euphoric...).

I am Pro Taylor as i wish her a happy and healthy life. Otherwise I don't have much interest in her. I did watch this video. Notice this lyric,

And when I felt like I was an old cardigan

Under someone's bed

You put me on and said I was your favorite

Sounds a little like

You fit me better than my favorite sweater

AH HA   I've cracked the code!    

I've never liked this girl to the point that I couldn't finish any of her albums cause they made me cringe heavily. Got interested about this new one seeing the titles and the people she's worked with, and I'm right now at song 4 and sincerely liking it. Hope it delivers through the 12 songs (!) left!

This is really her most mature and cohesive album. Instant classic, AOTY material. It would have been better tho if it was a bit shorter, like 11-13 tracks, not 16. The 1, this is me trying and epiphany are kina meh and she could have kept them. They drag the already slow album and go nowhere. All of the other songs are incredible

im really not understanding the constant comparisons of her last albums to cringey kids bop music... granted, lover had a few tracks like that, but otherwise i see no childish lyrical content or inherently bad production on any of her other songs? maybe i just have a soft spot for her idk

6-F87-F61-F-CE27-4-F20-BDDE-3780-E83-FE9

I just started the album and the 1 and cardigan aren’t anything special imo

the last great American dynasty ain’t threat great either the lyrics are weak and the instrumental goes NOWHERE

exile is easily the best song so far

I HOPE that cocc doesn’t sound like this album omg I hate the production

invisible string is cute asf

mad woman is a MOOD I rlly like it

betty is my new fave it reminds me of old Taylor

hoax might be the best lyrically on the album

The album is cute imo maybe like a 5/10 ??? Idk it’s not up to par with the quality of her past albums imo

im really not understanding the constant comparisons of her last albums to cringey kids bop music... granted, lover had a few tracks like that, but otherwise i see no childish lyrical content or inherently bad production on any of her other songs? maybe i just have a soft spot for her idk

I think some of her single choices have to do with this perception of her. Shake It Off, Blank Space, ME! ("hey kids! spelling is FUN") have made her image seem catered more towards her younger audience and a bit cringe. I think the majority of her discography is not anymore cringey than you could say about Lana, though. 

giphy.gif

I can't believe there's something left in my chest anymore 

eHH it was alright, taylor is usually good with melodies but i wasn't hearing many great melodies with this one, but it was only my first listen so i might just need some more time with it. she kinda lost me at the end there too, the tracks just blended together, it is a very beige record but i suppose that was the aesthetic she was going for, lover is still my favourite <3

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e