lola

Taylor Swift

16 minutes ago, Dominikx4 said:

calling a 31 track album with not-short songs a cash grab is such a weird take... in today's age and time where tiktok and reels has shortened our attention span to 2 seconds, a 2 hour album with an average track time of 4 minutes is certainly not the way to go

This is a good point, but it ultimately depends on the quality of the tracks. Having a long ass album with lots of tracks will increase stream time, and therefore profits. It’s what Drake did with Scorpio, and that album is a steaming pile of horse shit. I’d be hesitant to call this album a cash grab tho. It seems many people enjoy the many tracks. If the 31 tracks were shitty half baked snoozers then it would look like a cash grab

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95237ep20gi51lvjl437x

Sorry I’m sure it’s been discussed already here but I keep seeing people say it’s Lana coded, she copied Lana, etc. The songs I heard don’t remind me of any Lana work at all. Honestly I’m hearing that from mainly from non Lana stans (the same groups who said the title seems like Lana even though it really doesn’t), so I lowkey doubt it, but….

Do you guys think any songs are reminiscent of Lana songs? 

1 minute ago, violettiaras said:

Sorry I’m sure it’s been discussed already here but I keep seeing people say it’s Lana coded, she copied Lana, etc. The songs I heard don’t remind me of any Lana work at all. Honestly I’m hearing that from mainly from non Lana stans (the same groups who said the title seems like Lana even though it really doesn’t), so I lowkey doubt it, but….

I haven’t heard one that made me think of Lana 

7 hours ago, Speed Driving Coconuts said:

I think she needs something that will thoroughly disturb her comfortability in the industry. Some of her best works came from a sort of challenge (Red to 1989 being her first attempts to do a strong country to pop crossover era, Reputation being a product of her downfall + her Katy Perry feud, and Folklore/Evermore being a product of the pandemic). 

Whenever she's comfortable, she starts producing mediocrity such as this one. The marketing is great and I'm sure her visuals will be top notch...but the album itself sucks. Her lyricism here is some of the weakest yet (with the Charlie Puth line being her absolute career worst) and the entire album just sounds so one-note, but in a bad way. The latter issue is a Jack Antonoff issue, but Taylor still gets a bit of blame from me for that since she has some sort of control what she produces with that man. 

I'm hoping she considers a genre-shift for the next album. She's getting way too comfortable and I think a challenge will only do her good. 

couldn't agree more. to quote a tweet i saw: if the critics had been honest about midnights we wouldnt be in this situation rn.

i just woke up, taylor swift is insane. 31 songs?? i

this is gonna take me a week to listen to :crai:

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

33 minutes ago, Embach said:

Because the song is allegedly about Kim Kardashian

I think it’s totally a red herring tbh bc she says in the song that she would change any defining clues and no one would know who the song was abt except the person it was abt and the title is  too obvious

11 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

i just woke up, taylor swift is insane. 31 songs?? i

this is gonna take me a week to listen to :crai:

If you love the 1989 vault tracks, you’ll love this album. I personally think that many songs are a bit of a filler to be honest :agree: but I do love 16 tracks out of the 31 she released. 

18 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

16 minutes ago, Topanga said:

I haven’t heard one that made me think of Lana 

I woke up to msgs form some of my TayTay fanatic friends telling me that 'I Can Fix Him (No Really I Can)' is Lana UV era coded. They said they want to hear Lana do a cover of that song.

I haven't listened to her new album yet, so I have no opinion.

That said, TayTay probably does take inspiration from Lana on some level.

OqqaAZJt.png     B4iWPK3.gif     OqqaAZJt.png

33 minutes ago, violettiaras said:

I don’t think the songs themselves are reminiscent of Lana songs at all. I think it’s extremely obvious that in certain places she’s borrowing stylistically from Lana but it really doesn’t end up having the same effect that same device would have in a Lana song. They’re just completely different personalities and their writing styles are too distinct for it to work that way imo.  

11 minutes ago, honeyslow said:

I think it’s totally a red herring tbh bc she says in the song that she would change any defining clues and no one would know who the song was abt except the person it was abt and the title is  too obvious

Yeah I couldn’t see Taylor being THAT bold but also she knows what she’s doing by puttin KIM in the title 

For everyone calling this album a cash grab, just a reminder that Taylor has 100+ 1989 vault tracks alone and if she wanted to release them all simply for money she would. I truly believe she’s only putting our work that she thinks is good and important.

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°