Baby V Alex

Ariana Grande

top 3 for me so far:

1. eternal sunshine

2. we can't be friends

3. the boy is mine

the music video for we can't be friends took the song to a whole new level for me. one of Ariana's best and was surprised to see Evan Peters. I haven't watched eternal sunshine of the spotless mind but I might watch it this weekend

I can’t even pick a top three or five! Every replay I find myself drawn to different batches of songs

Ordinary things

Imperfect for you

Bye

true story

supernatural

All consistently hit though, so that’s probably my top 5 in no particular order

"Don’t forget me"

10 hours ago, little red party dress said:

underwhelmed... top three

1. the boy is mine

2. bye

3. the intro

4 hours ago, ethelcain said:

Yes, and? being the worst song on the album :usrsney:

3 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

supernatural, we can’t be friends, true story, and eternal sunshine :flutter:

i love ariana grande and had low expectations after positions so im gagged

3 hours ago, crazyforyou said:

i like all the songs on the album but im having a hard time understanding the hype for the boy is mine 

but supernatural, i get it 

I agree with ALL of these.

Supernatural is really good. The Boy is Mine is a SNOOZE.

I think the album sounds a lot different from the forever21 music Yes And was. And I'm thankful. It is a LOT slower than expected and I feel like she's missing her range? Which was an interesting route. But its chill and nice. I think it's a smooth transition album.

At first listen I am pleasantly surprised that it’s as good as it is. I like Ariana but my expectations were not high after Positions. Definitely don’t vibe with “yes, and?”, it’s the only one I didn’t add to any playlists, which is saying something because usually her albums are 50/50 for me. This doesn’t feel like it’s a bunch of fillers, so I don’t mind how short it is. I’m particularly impressed with the track run from the intro to “supernatural.” 

AB6-A338-F-93-FB-4-E32-8-E3-A-565-A67-D9

do we think she's gonna pull out a deluxe later on since the album is so short? would love to see it cuz her deluxe tracks are always bangers :flutter:

violets in your eyes

"The boy is divine"

:coffee:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Okay, the album is a bit mid but better than expected… glad she did not follow the Yes, And? Route 

Bye, the Boy is Mine and Supernatural stand out to me. 

that saiiid… it’s funny how after all the hate she got and her complaining about how the media demonizes her, she decides to throw shade to her ex husband on Eternal Sunshine suggesting he cheated. It’s like she’s trying desperately to get focus off her and point fingers at him, same “toxic behavior” she’s been calling out! She’s obviously seeking pity, after seeing all the sympathy cheated on women are getting (Shakira, Ethan’s ex,…)

that victim mentality has to go, like right now 

Just now, Anonymcomenter said:

Okay, the album is a bit mid but better than expected… glad she did not follow the Yes, And? Route 

Bye, the Boy is Mine and Supernatural stand out to me. 

that saiiid… it’s funny how after all the hate she got and her complaining about how the media demonized her, she decides to throw shade to her ex husband on Eternal Summer suggesting he cheated. It’s like she’s trying desperately to get focus off her and point fingers at him, same “toxic behavior” she’s been calling out! 

that victim mentality has to go, like right now 

ok i do not like ariana (even though i ended up loving this album lol) but i didn't get the vibe she was implying he cheated? the lines that reference that make it sound more like they both cheated or they moved on. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

5 minutes ago, taco truck said:

ok i do not like ariana (even though i ended up loving this album lol) but i didn't get the vibe she was implying he cheated? the lines that reference that make it sound more like they both cheated or they moved on. 

okay, then my bad :gasp:

I’ve had a little more time with the album. I’ve taken walks on my breaks while listening and it’s nice and sunny out and I think I’m catching the vibe more. It definitely does feel warm and spring like, and is more cohesive than Positions (aside from Yes And, which is the worst track on the record). I agree with the others that the production is really good. I don’t think it’s better than Dangerous Woman, Sweetener, or Thank U Next though 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

sorry but i hate this... so much

it sounds incomplete, all the tracks sound too similar to each other - infact, it sounds like she just put a bunch of house music beats ontop of vocals and called it an album

i-have-no-kung-fu.jpg

LEAK ZODIAC

the boy is mine sounds like the song they use in movies when 2 guys are talking to each other in a bar and its faintly playing in the background, then one of them gets up, the other takes another sip of his drink and the volume goes up as the camera follows the leaving dude on his way thru the bar

image.png