National Anthem

ALLIE X

My favourites for sure are: 

1.      Black Eye (that last chorus still gives me the serotonin) 

2.      Galina (her voice in the second verse… wow) 

3.      Saddest Smile (so haunting) 

4.      Off With Her Tits (a BOP) 

5.      You Slept On Me 

the rest are good but I would say my least favourites are John and Jonathan and Hardware Software. An enjoyable listen nonetheless

i really like this album, it grew on me! i was pretty lukewarm on it when it leaked but pretty much every song is great here except for hardware software, and even then i get what she was going for i just think the lyrics on that one aren't the best

Holy mother…. This was a masterpiece, my favourite album of her for sure (and probably of 2024 so far)

my fav so far is Saddest Smile and Girl With No Face

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I just finished listening to the album and I like it a lot! Black Eye might still be my favorite, but the other standouts for me (of the new songs) were Galina, You Slept on Me, Saddest Smile, and Truly Dreams

Still love Off With Her Tits too lol :creepna3:

Did anyone else notice that one of the synths (idk if that’s even the right word) in Hardware Software sounds a lot like the one from Showdown by Britney?  That made me fall in love with it

On 10/31/2023 at 11:35 AM, Adrift said:

just my theory 

Hide contents

the name itself can be translated to 'calm' or 'healer' from its origins.  the line 'she can see inside of me and make me well' kinda leads this from the beginning. similar to the themes on the rest of the album about fighting through suffering on her own, this song seems to be allie personifying the state of wellness or healing, and feeling desperate for it to 'wake up' and even mocking her by smiling and pretending to sleep while she's basically left on her own to suffer. 

okay so it was actually about the woman who made her special eczema cream retiring instead

X----into me, into you----X

i just received my GWNF deluxe gatefold vinyl and it's gorge but i didn't get the poster.. i reached out to customer support but idk i've never had any issues ordering from her before

9ISvyf0.gif

Stan card renewed....I kinda lost touch and when the singles dropped I got scared if I had lost interest in new Allie music altogether, but having had the album on repeat since release I'm confident in my eternal love for Miss Hughes

my favourites as of now are definitely Weird World, Galina, Staying Power and John & Jonathan. I don't understand the hate for John & Jonathan, such a tune:dancedy:

I haven’t really listened to much of her stuff before aside from a song in 2016, but I was pleasantly surprised with this album!

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

The Black Eye single vinyl has a different version than the released! i originally thought it was just the instrumental but then like a minute into it vocals came in lmao. almost sounds like a remix?

9ISvyf0.gif

5 hours ago, 320kbps said:

i just received my GWNF deluxe gatefold vinyl and it's gorge but i didn't get the poster.. i reached out to customer support but idk i've never had any issues ordering from her before

I received an email right after shipping that the signed poster and lyric book will be shipping separately from album.

IMG-3521.jpg

On 2/24/2024 at 12:58 PM, Adrift said:

okay so it was actually about the woman who made her special eczema cream retiring instead

girl :bebe:

-

I feel weird about this album. It seems a bit too on the nose for me. Maybe if there was a deluxe on its way, I could see that changing. But I'm really worried this will be my least liked Allie project :bebe:

I'm really only a fan of OWHT, GWNF, and Weird World :bebe:

7 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

The new album has some good tracks. Galina, Black Eye and Weird World are my fav.

why are u always trying to act sophisticated

This album kinda sucks. I like Weird World but everything else is 80s try-hard with boring melodies

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e