Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

42 minutes ago, twinkletoes7 said:

neither do i but i would love to know who started the rumour

There was a video of them where he was grabbing onto her waist(I want to say this was when she at the Malibu fair over a year ago), so I think that’s when the rumors first started. Also I’m pretty sure a few people saw them holding hands on a couple of other occasions. I’m more interested in knowing who told Billboard that they were engaged though. I feel like that had to come from someone close to her. 

I’ve been meaning to make this post here for awhile, but recent discussion about Lana’s Alabama days in another thread have reminded me to finally share it!

For years, there has been speculation if Lana really ever lived in Alabama, as claimed on her old MySpace pages and referenced in some of her songs. When I saw Lana’s show in Alabama last September, I spoke to a fan who had met her in Florence earlier than summer and asked her if she really had lived in Alabama. She also recorded a video of her conversation with Lana, so she played that for me too so I could listen (the video was just of the ground, but you could hear Lana speaking.)

When asked if she had once lived in Alabama as per the rumours, Lana said that when she was younger she had a boyfriend named Billy who lived in Mobile, Alabama. She said the relationship was short-lived but was “the most fun (she) had ever had.” She said he would pick her up in his truck and they would go on late night drives around Mobile. 

So, not only does this confirm that she really did spend time in Alabama, but also confirms the existence of Billy/Bill which had also been up for debate for many years! Some theorised this was a placeholder name, a made up character, or a real person we just didn’t know much about.

So, we can assume that songs that mention Alabama or Billy drew inspiration from the same time period.

Perhaps the most direct example we have of this is in Driving In Cars With Boys:

Mommy's Mercedes or Billy's pickup truck, come home late at night and baby picks me up. Tell him, ‘Just drive on and don't ever stop. Don't take me home again, take me to a new land’”

That’s about all that I know, but it’s interesting that we can now finally confirm a few more references in her older songs! x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

3 minutes ago, Elle said:

I’ve been meaning to make this post here for awhile, but recent discussion about Lana’s Alabama days in another thread have reminded me to finally share it!

For years, there has been speculation if Lana really ever lived in Alabama, as claimed on her old MySpace pages and referenced in some of her songs. When I saw Lana’s show in Alabama last September, I spoke to a fan who had met her in Florence earlier than summer and asked her if she really had lived in Alabama. She also recorded a video of her conversation with Lana, so she played that for me too so I could listen (the video was just of the ground, but you could hear Lana speaking.)

When asked if she had once lived in Alabama as per the rumours, Lana said that when she was younger she had a boyfriend named Billy who lived in Mobile, Alabama. She said the relationship was short-lived but was “the most fun (she) had ever had.” She said he would pick her up in his truck and they would go on late night drives around Mobile. 

So, not only does this confirm that she really did spend time in Alabama, but also confirms the existence of Billy/Bill which had also been up for debate for many years! Some theorised this was a placeholder name, a made up character, or a real person we just didn’t know much about.

So, we can assume that songs that mention Alabama or Billy drew inspiration from the same time period.

Perhaps the most direct example we have of this is in Driving In Cars With Boys:

Mommy's Mercedes or Billy's pickup truck, come home late at night and baby picks me up. Tell him, ‘Just drive on and don't ever stop. Don't take me home again, take me to a new land’”

That’s about all that I know, but it’s interesting that we can now finally confirm a few more references in her older songs! x

Billy? :oprah4: Alabama? :oprah4:

tumblr-offofn-R8-LN1qj7kyho1-640.gif

.・゜゜・ ⋆·˚ ༘ * GIVE PEACE A CHANCE  ˚ ༘ ⋆。˚ ・゜゜・.

Wait......

Ruby Tuesdays or Mobile

I love you then and I always will
I love your ultraviolence, I love your ultraviolence

Lana could be lying out of her teeth for fun like how she used to tell people she was born in a trailer in Alabama and raised by her grandma but I will ignore that for the sake of the lore

Steam Community :: :: The Lindsay Lohan

Best American Record and Unidentified Flying Bill both talk about Bill :phone:

20 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Wait......

Ruby Tuesdays or Mobile

Lana could be lying out of her teeth for fun like how she used to tell people she was born in a trailer in Alabama and raised by her grandma but I will ignore that for the sake of the lore

these lyrics really give Loved You Then and Now, I wonder if it’s about Bill, too

"Don’t forget me"

34 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

Wait......

Ruby Tuesdays or Mobile

I almost pointed this lyric out too, but figured it could be a stretch, though it could be a double meaning - Mobile, AL & Mobil the chain of gas stations. Of course in a later version she changed the lyric to Citgo, a different gas station chain. It is interesting though that the lyric comes from a demo of Hundred Dollar Bill!

Perhaps her relationship with Billy led to her affinity for gas stations.. because if you think about it, where else is there to hang around at during a late night drive through Alabama except for a gas station? & you would certainly need to stop and fill up during a long drive…
Also while on the topic of LDRAKALG songs that may have been inspired by Billy and their Alabama nighttime drives - Mobile, AL is right by the border of southern Mississippi, and she references being picked up in a truck in Raise Me Up (Mississippi South) Perhaps they would drive through that area as well during their late night drives.

Lots to unpack & theorise with this! x

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

2 hours ago, That Venice Bitch said:

Billy? :oprah4: Alabama? :oprah4:

I go back to Alabama, take a look at my life... :oprah4:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

On 9/25/2022 at 7:50 PM, honeybadger said:

Brea: There any uh, romances in the trailer park?
L: Well, mmm, um, yeah. Well, not, like, from within [?]. But I guess it did enter into the trailer park. And I had some good friends, Bill and Jim, who’d come and pick me up and drive me around and find a new 7/11 to go explore. Um, but yeah. 

Just earmarking this in light of the new Billy/Alabama lore… :oprah7:

o4qjp4j.png

15 minutes ago, sparklrtrailrheaven said:

Just earmarking this in light of the new Billy/Alabama lore… :oprah7:

More theorising - perhaps the Billy from Mobile also lived in a trailer, which led to Lana wanting to live in a trailer of her own in New Jersey. She’s mentioned Alabama & trailers together in the following lyrics:

”Dance at night back in Alabama, Christmas lights on my teal green trailer” (Pin-Up Galore)

“I go back to Alabama, take a look at my life. Where are the trailer parks and where all the Christmas lights?” (I Talk to Jesus)

“All that's real to me is trailer parks and beaches, Alabama freezes, platinum and peaches, honey” (Trash Magic demo) *it’s also worth noting for this one that Mobile, AL does have beaches since it’s on the coast of the Gulf.

Perhaps in this interview, she was referencing her experiences with trailer parks in general, not necessarily just her NJ trailer park. That, or there are two Bills in existence.. or she could’ve just been making up stories to either this interviewer or the Alabama fan lol. I’m choosing to believe that at least the Billy from Mobile, AL is real though x

(also moving this to the Lanalysis thread since this is good discussion to have there while on the topic)

On 10/15/2023 at 7:10 AM, Embach said:

That mysterious K and his alleged death row...that's so Franz Kafka of her :oprah:

right? Just added The Castle to my tbr and was like well miss Lizzy what do we have here, such a crazy coincidence

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

16 minutes ago, Elle said:

More theorising - perhaps the Billy from Mobile also lived in a trailer, which led to Lana wanting to live in a trailer of her own in New Jersey. She’s mentioned Alabama & trailers together in the following lyrics:

But also - we know that Lana only lived in Alabama for like 1-2 months from early Feb (?) to maybe mid April 2008 if we’re being generous (and if we trust her MySpace location updates); she would’ve already been living in her trailer for like half of a year as she moved there in 2007 while dating Steven Mertens lol

*also the interviewer for that specific interview used to be one of Bob Leone’s girls that followed him around NY apparently 😭

lPqTY1H.jpg

13 minutes ago, lizzyology said:

But also - we know that Lana only lived in Alabama for like 1-2 months from early Feb (?) to maybe mid April 2008 if we’re being generous (and if we trust her MySpace location updates); she would’ve already been living in her trailer for like half of a year as she moved there in 2007 while dating Steven Mertens lol

*also the interviewer for that specific interview, used to be one of Bob Leone’s girls that followed him around NY apparently 😭

Then even more theorising - perhaps she originally met Bill at her trailer park in NJ and he then relocated to a different trailer park in Mobile and she followed him there.. because if you think about it, how would she have known someone who lived in Alabama in the first place? She did note that Bill was a romance/friend in the NJ trailer park, and Billy from Mobile was her boyfriend. Perhaps she attempted to make the relationship work by following him to Alabama after he relocated there. Maybe he had family there or something and they had visited Mobile together in ‘07 prior to them both eventually relocating in ‘08, so she felt more comfortable moving there since she was somewhat familiar with the area.

Again all speculation, just trying to piece together the timeline lol x

36 minutes ago, Elle said:

Then even more theorising - perhaps she originally met Bill at her trailer park in NJ and he then relocated to a different trailer park in Mobile and she followed him there.. because if you think about it, how would she have known someone who lived in Alabama in the first place? She did note that Bill was a romance/friend in the NJ trailer park, and Billy from Mobile was her boyfriend. Perhaps she attempted to make the relationship work by following him to Alabama after he relocated there. Maybe he had family there or something and they had visited Mobile together in ‘07 prior to them both eventually relocating in ‘08, so she felt more comfortable moving there since she was somewhat familiar with the area.

i think your theory here makes sense because how would lana be talking about bill in trash magic when it was recorded before her time in alabama, i believe the final version is from 2007, and even if it's from 2008 (i now know she and steven mertens still worked with each other to some extent all the way until the end of 2009 because he played guitar during the canal room performance) it appeared on her myspace in january of 2008 which was before february 2008 - april 2008, could pin up galore possible be from 2008? dance at night back in alabama, christmas lights on my teal-green trailer :oprah7: although roller derby is clearly from 2007, so maybe she was still just taking inspiration from her new jersey trailer park, and perhaps she did visit alabama at some point in 2007 and perhaps visited a trailer park in mobile, we really just don't know, but, yeah, like i said yesterday in my sleuthing post i'm honestly proud of, the more we know, the less we know!

honestly the thought of her actually re-locating to alabama on her own with a boyfriend to live in a trailer park just makes her whole trailer park darling image even more authentic to me, like, yeah, her family may have been more well-off by that point because of rob's success in the internet domain world, but she was still living all on her own out-of-state, i get what she means when she talks about trailer parks, fireworks, ice cream trucks, christmas lights, the sea... it just connects with me like nothing else...

today's a good day to listen to trash magic, pin up galore, and i talk to jesus :flutter: 

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

42 minutes ago, Elle said:

This is also what I was thinking too, but I believe this whole thing would have happened sometime in 2005/2006 (I don't think 2008 makes sense for her or that her myspace is entirely accurate)

If I had to guess what when out in a timeline I would do something like:

Late-2005: Lizzy meets Bill and they start dating + Bill introduces Lizzy to Jim (his friend)

Feb-Mar 2006: Lizzy goes to Alabama/Mississippi with Bill + creates her myspace under may jailer

Apr 2006: Lizzy breaks up with Bill and goes back to NYC to become a singer

Sometime in 2006: Lizzy starts dating Jim (I imagine it would have been on and off for the next 2 years)

Early 2007: Bill returns from Alabama and it gets awkward birthing the song Get Drunk but they all remain friends

Early 2007: Lizzy breaks up with Jim and instantly starts seeing Steven Mertens 

Mid 2007: Lizzy breaks up with Steven and moves into her own trailer in New Jersey but still friends with Bill & Jim & Steven

All hypothetically but this is what makes the most sense to me

1 minute ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

This is also what I was thinking too, but I believe this whole thing would have happened sometime in 2005/2006

If I had to guess what when out in a timeline I would do something like:

Late-2005: Lizzy meets Bill and they start dating + Bill introduces Lizzy to Jim (his friend)

Feb-Mar 2006: Lizzy goes to Alabama/Mississippi with Bill + creates her myspace under may jailer

Apr 2006: Lizzy breaks up with Bill and goes back to NYC to become a singer

Sometime in 2006: Lizzy starts dating Jim (I imagine it would have been on and off for the next 2 years)

Early 2007: Bill returns from Alabama and it gets awkward birthing the song Get Drunk but they all remain friends

Early 2007: Lizzy breaks up with Jim and instantly starts seeing Steven Mertens 

Mid 2007: Lizzy moves into her own trailer in New Jersey but still friends with both Bill & Jim

All hypothetically but this is what makes the most sense to me

i like your theory about it all taking place before she started her music career, it would make sense with what she describes in i talk to jesus, but i also feel like it would be weird for her to claim it was 2008 when in reality it was 2005 (although we know she isn't really great with dates, even now since she recently described her relationship with artie levine (arthur lynn) taking place when she was 20, but they were together when she was 22)

also, i saw a post theorizing that get drunk is about mikey martin and rob since those two were friends, and i feel like that's more likely

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

i like your theory about it all taking place before she started her music career, it would make sense with what she describes in i talk to jesus, but i also feel like it would be weird for her to claim it was 2008 when in reality it was 2005 (although we know she isn't really great with dates, even now since she recently described her relationship with artie levine (arthur lynn) taking place when she was 20, but they were together when she was 22)

also, i saw a post theorizing that get drunk is about mikey martin and rob since those two were friends, and i feel like that's more likely

I made the mikey / rob theory hehe i'm just throwing out possiblities 

My main issue with it happening in early 2008 is that she was still in school and she just got a record deal, I don't really see why she would go to to Alabama suddenly especially right after she got permission to do half her classes online... it just seems off to me... She was also dating Reeve during that time. I think it's possible she coud have took a trip to Alabama in 2008? But that couldn't be for longer than a month because we have proof of her in New York City every month in 2008 minus those 3 months (Feb, Mar, Apr) but she was in her final year of university, I just can't see her leaving for 2 months during her final year to be in Alabama

10 minutes ago, Lindsay Lohan said:

I made the mikey / rob theory hehe i'm just throwing out possiblities 

My main issue with it happening in early 2008 is that she was still in school and she just got a record deal, I don't really see why she would go to to Alabama suddenly especially right after she got permission to do half her classes online... it just seems off to me... She was also dating Reeve during that time. I think it's possible she coud have took a trip to Alabama in 2008? But that couldn't be for longer than a month because we have proof of her in New York City every month in 2008 minus those 3 months (Feb, Mar, Apr) but she was in her final year of university, I just can't see her leaving for 2 months during her final year to be in Alabama

i agree, and i feel like it doesn't really match up with some of her songs which mention alabama/bill that were likely recorded before february 2008, namely trash magic and pin up galore, i believe it's quite likely trash magic was recorded in 2007 since the demo was recorded/put together in november, 2007 and seemingly the final version appeared on her myspace in january, 2008, and i suppose i always assumed pin up galore was 2007 like all of the other steven mertens recordings, but i suppose that was just an assumption, we know she has a tendency to get dates wrong so i would take the 2008 theory with a grain of salt, and she was indeed dating reeve at the start of 2008, and they probably were still together for a few months, he appears in the trailer park tour video/gramma version 6 and it doesn't quite look like winter out to me, i wouldn't be surprised if it was filmed in the spring of 2008, we know from screencaps she was wearing a tank-top outside, even though reeve was wearing a coat lol

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

5 hours ago, Elle said:

I love Lizzy lore so much, thanks for sharing this :wubna:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

1 hour ago, Surf Noir said:

today's a good day to listen to trash magic, pin up galore, and i talk to jesus :flutter: 

Lowkey feel like I manifested bringing these conversations up because I listened to all those songs last night, I Talk To Jesus was on repeat :legend:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°