Sitar

LANALYSIS: Relating Songs To Known/Assumed Relationships

Also I seem to think noir is about mike, agreed with TPD absolutely, I don't think she's being spoken to in back to the basics either, I seem to get the feeling that the want to go back to how everything used to be is apparent in the song, I think back to the basics might actually be about her and Barrie on another level also, but that would only work if she was being spoken to in the song, regardless I still think she wants to return to the simplicity she lost through becoming famous, which I find weird... She seems to want the fame so bad, but once she finally got it, it became a hazard mire than anything... Butterflies pt 2 strikes me as a mike song, but it could even be K..

dlnh8i.gif

So who is K tho?

kenneth Friedman ;) hahahaha

NO.

K is hard to identify because he isn't famous and they weren't together when Facebook couple pictures were so common. That's why he remains referred to as just a letter.

I just realized Velvet Crowbar is about A$AP since he has two songs called Purple Dream and Golden Grill.

Purple dream is a type of marijuana, I think? And the song was written before they ever collaborated. And it's bitter as hell, whereas she and A$AP have a friendship.

I do think Back to tha Basics and Velvet Crowbar are about the same guy. "Back to the basics, when you're not wasted" vs. "You were afflicted by booze". Probably the guy she left because he was too much trouble for her based on her latent alcoholism?

Do we not think mizrahi appeared earlier than 2009?

I didn't, but in evil's movie megapost he implied that some source told him they'd been living together before his first Facebook post on her wall. However, the post does seem pretty unfamiliar and with no good reason.

I finally finished reading all of this... and I am not so sure anymore that I am who I am. In fact, I am doubting everything about life right now.

Fear not, soon it'll become a part of you and feel as natural as breathing :bodyisready:

i haven't heard the song but i have read all the lyrics of noir, if the song is about mike ~ relationship ended badly ~ then i believe he left her not the other way round. i think lizzy was too fame obsessed and lost herself in trying to become 'famous', and mike didnt want that, he wanted the real lizzy not fame obsessed lizzy. i think mike really loved her but the relationship was too chaotic and intense? leads to what he may or may not have said "never date a musician". at the end of the song it seems like lizzy's come to the realisation that she is caught up in the 'fame game' but is either: not wanting to get out or can't get out..."he's gonna hate me, he wants a real girl, i'm like a cartoon". i think the line suggests that she's either: happy and isn't willing to change into a real girl for him-not wanting to get out, or she's so caught up in the life she is and wanting to lead that she can't get out. Although i think mike left her i also think that she knew it was time to call it quits, but the parting was sour.

side note: eh...that was long...'cuse the prose style too - it was lazy

4VgqAMv.gif

~xxx~

That's quite conflicting with what we already know of Mike though, he wanted her to become big. He wanted to create new opportunities and read somewhere he was very controlling of her and her career. And going her credits in films to full her resume

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey