florencewelch

What Lana song struck you first?

I knew I liked her when VG came out, but This Is What Makes Us Girls, the second I heard it I knew that I wanted to buy the album straight out the day it was released. That was deffinitely the first song that struck me. Then Yayo, I think. That's what made me look deeper into her unreleased stuff :)

I have gold in my veins

"Video Games" must've been the first Lana song to be ever heard by me cuz it was around the time when it quite often played on the radio. It did not really catch my ear, though; back then I did not even know it was sung by some Lana Del Rey. Had I been asked for my opinion, I would've said it was a boring track and simply nothing special.

A little bit later I saw a discussion about Lana on some forum and decided to check out this singer. During my YT trip I came across the demo of "Lolita" and had to admit I liked it "quite a lot".

So by then I rather liked her music, although I wasn't a dedicated fan. In fact, it wasn't until some casual day when I was listening to the BTD album as a whole that I realized how awesome her works were. And I had heard this album (somehow I'd happened to buy a CD) a few times but that very time I must have been paying more attention and that's why Lana's emotions suddenly stuck me. I realized it around "Million Dollar Man" - but it was the effect of the whole album. I had no idea why, I hadn't yet discovered even a fracture of her universum (all those leaks etc...) but I just could sense all her emotions as being almost tangible (was it possibly the emotional manner in which she has a habit of singing?) and it felt so true, unlike a myriad of other indistinguishable pop love songs...

And thus she got me. Till the end of time.

And the wind I know it’s cold

I'm having to think really hard about this. I first heard the BTD album downloaded from Youtube, and I remember liking every song as it came up the first time I played it, but I'm pretty sure the song that really captured me was Off To The Races - partly for the lyrics - I was fascinated by the boldness of the Lolita references as well as how quickly she was singing/rapping all of these strange ideas - but particularly the music, which had so much going on, I thought it was going to take a while to get sick of. It turned out, it's not possible for me to get sick of it 

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Video Games soon after it was first uploaded to YouTube. It was also the first song of hers that I had heard and I remember being completely transfixed by the combination of the haunting song and its ethereal video. The lyrics stood out to me as well because of the beautifully simple way through which they conveyed her love for the guy in the verses but, in the choruses, there was this sense of longing for something more.

Carmen.Till this day I still love it and its my favourite track from BTD. The lyrics are just :defeated:

tumblr_oizsprgz5s1ux9njjo1_400.gif?w=371                                                                

TIWMUG because initially I was thrown off by the kind of slow, jazzy-ness at the time (I really only listened to Nevershoutnever and All Time Low and stuff like that back then) but then I youtubed TIWMUG and I actually heard demo 2 first but it just pulled me in immediately and I haven't looked back since.

It was definitely Blue Jeans and National Anthem for me. When I first heard it I was like wow! She's telling such a fuckin story! She's so descriptive and I just felt like these beats and strings, this sound was crazy good. When I heard the album tho Million Dollar man was so beautiful. Unreleased wise, I would have to say Noir. And that's probably because its so raw and emotional, but still told one hell of a story.

omg Born to Die

i never had such a big eargasm in my entire life (still haven't had another one like this)

i totally didn't expect it, I was just browsing youtube, clicking on the video by accident..

i remember my mouth hanging open

it was like 7 angeles carried me away and i entered heavens gate

the rest is history