Sitar

Eminem Raps About Punching Lana Del Rey

I don't think Eminem's reference to LDR is a joke or there is very little in the way of humor in this rap. There may be a lot of wit and art to it, but the emotionality is all wrong for humor. Rob Grant may have nailed it by referring to the rap as an anger managment issue (or an exorcism of sorts).

BTW I got lyrics from youtube user: Muhammed Atas (a true hero of the Internet, imo), who left it as a comment, which will probably be buried very soon. 

lyrics : 
I just turned Slaughterhouse to a quintet
Began to trend-set, murdered the friend's pet
Made shit as ill as it can get went in depth
Like a fucking vignette and two bars skins wet
I'm already covered in sweat
And I wasn't even ready to come in yet
AHH, let me set this drink down
Beat up a gal, start beef with her pal
Probably be wild 'til I'm wrinkled and senile
And "Rap God" was a freestyle
Off the top of the dome piece while I was sleep on the couch
And I'm freestyling now
I need a towel, sweat leaks from my brow
It's burning my eyes, my cerebral is foul
Cause shit I'm thinking about should be illegal
I need my head banned like the guy who left Cleveland Ohio
And went to South Beach with his talents
Scream "fuck you" on the way out and wink with a smile
This whole game can eat a dick, I'm going back deep underground
But right now I'm back on that bullshit and you I'm singling out
Cause you're so fucking outdated you should mingle a while
What the fuck is this clusterfuck of busters
Bunch of Buster Douglas', motherfuckers is one hit wonders
One swing and you're crowned
Knocked one out the park, one catchy jingle and now
You think you fucking with me cause you sold like 300 thou
Bitch, I can jump without my feet ever leaving the ground
Reach up, swing from a cloud with 3 thousand people around
Evil and vile enough to leap in the crowd
And heave a child in a sink hole on Cinco De Mayo
When I'm sprinkled in pico de gallo
Mardi Gras beads in a towel
I just made that up
I don't know much Spanish, I'm not bilingual
But I'll show you a Mexican stand off
Between just these two amigos
Cause neither really wants to say what we're thinking out loud
But I sure as fuck think I know how rebody English, no doubt
Cause we're trying to kill each other, but lyrically
The fuck is humility? What is a real emcee?
Royce, he came up in the shit with me
Never spit that hustler shit, it wasn't a fit for me
Let them adjust 'til they just get the gist of me
Just not giving a fuck and plus with the history
Of muscular distrophy, it wasn't a mystery
Why this middle finger was stuck in this upward positioning
So what in the fuck is a list to me?
I'm used to not being on it, I expect it out 'em
Heck wit' em, I get my respect without 'em
Ain't really been into diamonds since I put my first record out
But I could put a chain around my second album
And wear it as a neck medallion
Became a millionaire, went downhill from there
Became civil, office swivel chair, sterling silverware
Screaming life is still unfair til I get a real career
The fuck am I gonna do until then? This job is too fulfilling
Two gazillion pairs of super villain shoes to fill in
And a mood to kill till I plow my Coupe de Ville
To some children at the food pavilion at Build-A-Bear
Warrior's mind, I’m pro-hydrocodone euphoria
In the drug emporium line, I'm soaring
I'm pouring Vicodin four at the time ignoring the warning signs on 'em fore I go four wheeler driving
Gory and violent and horrifying
You surely won't find no one more appalling
Than I am with this retaliatorial rhyming for Gloria Steinem
But I finger her like a witness, show me a line-up
I usually am abusive, but excuse me, ma'am
I guess I must've threw you for a loop like toucan Sam
When I said I could use the sample cause you'se a tramp
But look how you react to this trigger like
When I call you a bigger dyke than the Hoover Dam
You playing right in Lex Luthor's hands
It's such a ruthless plan, might even lose a fan
But fuck it, Superman wouldn't change in a phone booth for Stan
I'm a brand new being like Grand Puba's band
Happy as Anderson Cooper having a tuba crammed
In his pooper with lubricant...wait, that's too... I can't
Since honesty is the best policy I'll give you the old college try
Try to acknowledge my mistakes, probably won't qualify
As a gentleman and a scholar, but it's time that I swallow pride
And say that I'm sorry, sorry that I can't apologize
I think of all them times I compromised my bottom lines
And thought of rhymes that sodomized your daughter's minds
Then I'm like dollar signs
But I may fight for gay rights especially if they dyke
It's more of a knockout than Janay Rice
Play nice, bitch, I punch Lana Del Rey right
In the face twice like Ray Rice in broad daylight
In plain sight of the elevator surveillance
Til her head is banged on the railing
Then celebrate with the Ravens
Never date an assailant that self-medicates with inhalants
I meditate, but I may need a better way to escape
The aggression, rage and the anger
Cause them restraints on the ankles
Heavyweights and an anchor with handcuffs in chains
This ain't enough to contain it
But I still get the same respect as Jay if I came on
Stage in a fucking negligee everyday and Liz Claiborne
Devastated from breakup with Kate Hudson
Wait slut, your friends, what are they gonna say
Cause makeup ain't gonna cover
That eye that's seven-eighths of the way shut
Peppersprayed with your face cut
Made my bank like a lay up
Off these effing skanks on the way up
Oh, bitch thinks she's heaven sent
It's evident that she ain't never been with seven inches
Yes, I said seven, I measured it
Seven inches from the floor
While I'm standing on the fourth floor balcony
At the Sheridan when I'm stretching it
Bitch, I'm a pimp so a limp dick is all you'll ever get
So if she's hesitant to get the hint
I'll bet you that I get the message sent who she's messing with
Hella quick when I tell a chick not to never use sex as a weapon
When I step in and beat the wretched wench with a crescent wrench
Existential detriments to a lesbian devil
In the unpleasant stench of an estrogen level
That separatists like a Chechnian rebel
Impressionist with a pencil
A pessimist, with his lips pressed against
The edge of this Red Bull
Pedal to the metal I'm rippin' this shit cause right away I'll give it to a bitch like a pedestrian, deadly as ever
You see what kind of effects she has on the opposite sex when I push her flexible little sexy ass through a plate of plexiglass
SHADYXV as perplexing as
The last fifteen years and I'm predicting my next relapse
When I spit these lyrics so don't look at me weird
When I start shifting gears and shit re-smears all over Britney Spears
And these little Disney queers
Who use chicks for beards?
Just made that up too...
Oh and the Shady 2.0
We wrote it in roman numerals like they do for the Super Bowls
Cause it's supposed to confuse you hoes
The flows lose you as usual, so juvenile
2 year old when I go to the studio
It's only music but don't be foolish though
You don't know me through it ho but you can blow me to it though
In my homie's Buick
Been known to lose it though so if I overdo it you drove me to it
When I step in the vocal booth like I'm supposed to do
And I murder you on a fuckin' track like Tony Stewart
In one take, if I fuck up I don't redo it
You couldn't sound grown on a beat if you were moaning to it
The day I don't say fuck you all, you can throw me through it
Rootinest-tootinest, shootin' this from the hip
With the sentiments, Eminem isn't penning them for the women
I'm an enemy to them and the epitome of an inconsiderate idiot
But they consider me equivalent to chlamydia
They tryna get rid of me gadzooks
But I stiggity stand for the fliggity flag
Of the United States and the freedom, I distribute these raps through
And if I catch you doing anything
Hindering or prohibiting that after I give me that
Tattoo of your lips on my ass I'mma be literally
Pickin' up and deliberately whippin' the Statue of Liberty at you WOOOOH!

Fuck it

Got it somewhere in there probably

Oh, Eminem.  :xcry:  You have been hurt. For far too long you have carried the burden of a pseudowarrior mentality in a post-warrior society, along with the accompanying dickhurt.  :pussypower:

But yeah, he's not joking. He may still be "punching up," though. I think in a weird way he's commiserating with Janay Rice, saying she didn't get justice because she's not one of the "Beautiful People" that our culture cares about. While implicating himself as one of the "Rich People" feeding upon the beauty of others, and he does Ray Rice one "better" by targeting one of the Beautiful People he could catch hell for harming. Thus flaming us all for our entitlement issues, while mocking his own?

I don't know, I haven't followed Eminem and his themes. Am I close?

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

I'm a brand new being like Grand Puba's band
Happy as Anderson Cooper having a tuba crammed
In his pooper with lubricant...wait, that's too... I can't

What the fuck  :horror:  :icant2:

Goddesses don't speak in whispers. They scream.

This whole thing makes me so sad because I keep thinking about when I saw her at Music Midtown in Atlanta... She performed at the same stage as Eminem, she was two(?) sets before him. Then when Eminem came on, I saw Lana back on the side I was standing next to watching him. She looked so excited to see him. She was there at his set supporting him. I don't know if she really cares this much, but I feel like being dissed by someone you admire is one of the worst things to go through, whether he meant it or not.

edit: Found the photo of Lana watching Eminem's set 10huhyu.png

sugar baby crying ezgif_com_c98a0a05e8.gif tears of gold

Talking (or in his case, rapping) about an incident of domestic violence does not trivialize it. How it can even be trivialized when EVERYONE (well, hopefully..) knows it’s a horrible event?

Because it normalizes it and turns it into entertainment?

Sweeping scents and blue hydrangea. Summer hail and summer stranger.

I love Lana. I love Eminem. I guess I'm fucked if I don't take sides - but I won't and instead I'm just gonna chill.  :smokes2:

Yes, as based on these comments both sides of the issue are being extremist;

yes, what he said is very wrong and even rapping about Ray Rice at the state his case is being presented all over the media was a dumb move, but some of the comments saying how he needs to die is not doing justice either

funny how some would say don't fight violence with violence, when that is all I see

I can admit that he's a good rapper but he lacks lyrical quality, doesn't rap about real issues and he's the 90's male equivalent to Iggy Azalea. Just a white guy deemed the "best in his genre" because he's an anomoly and that was capitalized upon early in his career.

you're implying that "normalizing an turning it into entertainment" will completely remove the severity of what domestic violence truly is!!

sensible people (which is the majority of people) aren't going to forget about the trauma it does, or dismiss cases of domestic violence just because they hear/see it being appropriated by external outlets!!

you're implying that "normalizing an turning it into entertainment" will completely remove the severity of what domestic violence truly is!!

sensible people (which is the majority of people) aren't going to forget about the trauma it does, or dismiss cases of domestic violence just because they hear/see it being appropriated by external outlets!!

Desensitization is much more gradual than that. It's very much a real thing.

But Eminem rapping about domestics violence in this way is going to validate the actions of potential domestic abusers. It's the same as rape jokes - if a potential rapist hears someone tell a rape joke, they're going to think that rape is acceptable because that person has desensitised the severity of rape and has made it seem like not a big deal. It's true that it won't affect every single person but even if it validates the wishes of just one abuser, it still makes it a toxic and harmful song.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

But Eminem rapping about domestics violence in this way is going to validate the actions of potential domestic abusers. It's the same as rape jokes - if a potential rapist hears someone tell a rape joke, they're going to think that rape is acceptable because that person has desensitised the severity of rape and has made it seem like not a big deal. It's true that it won't affect every single person but even if it validates the wishes of just one abuser, it still makes it a toxic and harmful song

But it's okay for lana to sing about violence, right? Won't 'he hit me and it fell like a kiss' 'hit me and tell me you're mine' validate the actions of the potential abuser? you are so hypocritical.

I'm so lucky I love sunbathing and moonbathing

Sensible people often look the other way. This is part of the problem.

I think both Eminem and Lana Del Rey's subject matter warrants scrutiny, but both deserve fair consideration of what they are trying to say before dismissing them as "glorifying violence." But it is possible for one to handle their subject matter well while the other doesn't.

The more I think about "Shady Cxvpher," the more I get the vibe that Eminem uses sexist/homophobic slurs that are motivated by class struggle, not gender/orientation issues. (For example, it's not so much that Eminem is pissed at any woman who won't sleep with him, as much as he's pissed at any woman who thinks she's too good to sleep with him.) That doesn't make it okay, of course. But it does explain why some fans see him as "not misogynistic." Of course, deliberate use of such slurs makes it more serious than a matter of simple "insensitivity."

39150648115_3584eac590_o.png

But it's okay for lana to sing about violence, right? Won't 'he hit me and it fell like a kiss' 'hit me and tell me you're mine' validate the actions of the potential abuser? you are so hypocritical.

Where the hell did I say that Lana's glorification of physical violence is acceptable? Hmm? 

I already took up the problem of Lana's apparent pro-abuse message in a lot of her songs in a different thread. This thread is specifically about Eminem's abusive content in his lyrics, not about Lana's. Chill.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1

young children (people in general) are already exposed to culture, media, video games, and etc that can be seen as potentially detrimental to their growth, but at the end of the day, those individuals are the ones who ultimately decide whether or not the aforementioned factors will impact them. for example, if a young person were to hear this verse or anything similar, i sincerely doubt it would influence, implying they even have the capacity to understand him, them at all because it's just common sense, implying they're of age to have one, that hitting people is bad.

i didn't think of how this could be a encouraging trigger to those already prone of domestic violence, so thank you for that. :)

and you're right, this shitty song is impacting culture. i mean, look at us right now. people here are discussing it's possible effects, or just completely shutting out and ending all discussion because they're so fixed on their position that they aren't even open to listening and having a progressive conversation.

I can agree in part with what you say, but in reality doesn't work like that. In a normal household it may be like that, in a ghetto or slum rules are different because those people are exposed to actual violence, domestic included, in a daily bases. 

Words have power, violent lyrics have power, specially because of what you said: we are on our daily bases exposed to it every day, from video games, to film and music, to the newspaper and tv news, youtube videos and etc.

The difference is that when we, people like me and you and probably most on this board, arrive home violence doesn't go home with us. It's not our lives inside our house hold. You don't sleep at the sound of gun shots, you don't think gun shots is a normal or day by day sound. When violence is all over you 24 hours is complicated. 

The problem is not Eminem or other rappers, is that you don't have a rapper as famous as them making music with another point of view. You don't have a balance point, goes from extremely aggressive to middle aggressive. You don't have a cool hip hop video about the cool smart girl for every this Whos's aint loyal and other Chris Brown videos. 

You don't have any rapper, female or male, as famous as Eminem, doing something different, there isn't a balance. That's the problem IMO, not Eminem itself. You can't chose because there's only this option. 

I find this topic incredibly frustrating, partly because I feel like I can't argue my full beliefs because they're too complicated. I spent a decade obsessed with the power electronics group Whitehouse, whose lyrics and themes make Eminem look like Idina Menzel (and whose main member, William Bennett, wrote an interesting review of Ultraviolence), but after a long time I felt alienated by the cheap thrills that referencing sex crimes and serial killers can bring about. I've followed Eminem for a long time from afar, and have always felt that he had the right to say what he wants to say, and be vile when he wants to. But if you're coming after Lana, I'm going to be on your ass (and I've got Azealia backing me up). I'm not trying to take anyone's music away, or make them feel bad for thinking something's cool. I know what it's like to feel the need to protect something that you care about, and that the general public thinks is 'filth'. So ... sorry for adding to the essays, @@ilovetati ;) and everyone else can carry on with talking across each other.

During a football match between Barcelona and Villareal someone throw a banana on the field at Daniel Alves, Barcelona player. It's a way to call the guy a moneky. Before he kick the corner he ate the banana, it went viral. Next day Neymar, another Barcelona player, made a IG saying "we are all Monkeys"  with his son both with holding bananas. The thing spread and suddenly everyone was taking pics with the freaking banana (black, white, yellow...). Many people were outraged by the campaign pic, specially towards players and celebs posting themselves eating or holding a banana. I thought was funny and a intelligent way to put the joke on the racist, making him the ridiculous one.  

KAS0TYs.jpgPO8OROl.jpgOShjN35.jpgAsvkvm0.jpg

In the end of the day, I doubt anyone will ever throw a banana at Daniel Alves again, maybe even at any other black player (this banana thing happens often). Daniel Alves didn't say a word, he won by eating the fucking banana. 

Sometimes I do think people make matters to serious and don't bring a counterpoint to the table. There isn't anyone arguing or making a lyrical dialogue with Eminem, there isn't any rapper putting him in his place in somewhat a funny way telling him his a idiot. There isn't anyone eating bananas.

Do you think Eminem would dare to go after Mariah in his lyrics again? She finished him with Obsessed.

I don't think Lana indulges violence in her lyrics, imo is just some kinky harmless stuff. Hit her in the ass, or pull her hair. Hit me can also mean putting his dick inside her. Either way, even if you think she indulges violence, she craves that for herself and not towards others. That for those who think she's asking to actually be hit, which I don't agree with. 

Sensible people often look the other way. This is part of the problem.

I think both Eminem and Lana Del Rey's subject matter warrants scrutiny, but both deserve fair consideration of what they are trying to say before dismissing them as "glorifying violence." But it is possible for one to handle their subject matter well while the other doesn't.

The more I think about "Shady Cxvpher," the more I get the vibe that Eminem uses sexist/homophobic slurs that are motivated by class struggle, not gender/orientation issues. (For example, it's not so much that Eminem is pissed at any woman who won't sleep with him, as much as he's pissed at any woman who thinks she's too good to sleep with him.) That doesn't make it okay, of course. But it does explain why some fans see him as "not misogynistic." Of course, deliberate use of such slurs makes it more serious than a matter of simple "insensitivity."

If in his interviews or speeches his words were any different from the lyrics I could see what you are pointing out, problem is whenever he opens his mouth he's the same jerk that writes the lyrics.

glgcDdT.gif

But Eminem rapping about domestics violence in this way is going to validate the actions of potential domestic abusers. It's the same as rape jokes - if a potential rapist hears someone tell a rape joke, they're going to think that rape is acceptable because that person has desensitised the severity of rape and has made it seem like not a big deal. It's true that it won't affect every single person but even if it validates the wishes of just one abuser, it still makes it a toxic and harmful song.

not necessarily, but people who have a history of domestic violence COULD potentially be triggered.

but i now understand how it can be seen as a harmful song. however, i still think those assuming it's going to influence EVERYONE to physically assault others is wrong.

not necessarily, but people who have a history of domestic violence COULD potentially be triggered.

but i now understand how it can be seen as a harmful song. however, i still think those assuming it's going to influence EVERYONE to physically assault others is wrong.

yes necessarily - if you are an abuser/potential abuser and hear Eminem rapping about it in such a nonchalant manner, it's going to have an impact on you. there's no doubt about it; it'll validate your actions and make you feel that your behaviour is acceptable. 

of course, it won't just happen if you hear one person doing it. but Eminem is a small part of a bigger picture of society and the media that subtly (and sometimes explicitly) encourages domestic abuse, especially towards women.

OAjeWdG.jpg?1