GangstaBoy

Lana's Eli Roth Collaboration Surfaces; Marilyn Manson Denies Then Clarifies Involvement

Guest Dot

So let's discuss every movie that has a rape scene in it. I think they should all be banned. :eyeroll:

I've been quiet about this the whole time but I feel now that the fuzz about this is over I can express myself. It's an art project. It's supposed to be shocking as most art projects are these days. Nothing new, nothing exciting. It's not an actual rape scene but an enactment of a rape scenario. It was also probably completely taken out of context due to the fact that this might only be a short preview of the full project.

I seriously don't get why everyone is being so sensitive about everything nowadays. I've given my two cents, drag me, whatever...I'm out. :bye2:

^ :gclap:

All this "she really persumed to do a lot of shit this year! First the feminism thing and now rape!" stuff is so pathetic. She's ACTING in a rape scene and you don't know the context. Of course it's uncomfortable, would be more alarming if it wouldn't. She did NOTHING to glorify rape, they reanacted it, that doesn't mean you approve of it.

Some people just WANT to be upset here and ignore all of this simple facts.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

This year turned out to be so much worse than last year when it comes to bad publicity for Lana. Feminism and space, ultraviolence lyrics, the "I wish I was dead" quote, the revelation she fucked with a lot of guys of the industry, Eminem diss and now rape to add to the list. I'm kinda worried about her career now  it seems even in the Uk/Europe people hate her now '-'

Nobody hates Lana, she blesses world with her songs and beauty, anyhow the word is she's under illuminati influence, nowadays people feel sorry for such celebs, not as in past when ignorance lead to hatred. Every new level of the g(f)ame it gets tougher, so if any worried about her, just send her love and yell off haters astray.

cinema doesn’t need to make sweeping statements about society. 

“Oh, does this mean you feel this way about women and men in general?” No. It’s this particular woman in this particular place going through these particular things. That woman does not represent all women — and this is very important.

- David Lynch

Lana is NOT under the Illuminati's control FFS.

This whole Illuminati conspiracy theory is quite silly, really. Christian religion is not the only one that is good. If people follow other philosophies, it doesn't mean they are evil.

IMG_20140716_101607.jpg

This whole Illuminati conspiracy theory is quite silly, really. Christian religion is not the only one that is good. If people follow other philosophies, it doesn't mean they are evil.

:worship: yas preach it!

tumblr_or3tpeCeWc1rtq3bfo1_400.gif

i didnt get what you are trying to say

He means that people slamming Illuminati are quite christian fanatics and he explains that Christianity is not the only good religion out there and there are religions philosophies that are not evil at all either Lana is part of it or not (illuminati)

I'm sorry I didn't mean to make anyone think that was a real video..and I was gonna just post it in a status but thought it may be reluvent..sorry guys

The video may be fake but the snippet is out http://chicaperrycola.tumblr.com/post/104222647458/chicaperrycola-big-eyes-1-min-snippet

both full songs are out by this point in the day lol [: 

Yeah, I literally just downloaded them. I saw the song first here, then I think it was the day before that I first saw the audio but I was on my phone and Tumblr audios don't play on my phone, but I dismissed it as fake. I then listened to it via my blog yesterday and found out it wasn't a low quality version of Lift Your Eyes like the video was but I thought it was some unreleased. I thought the Tim Burtom film thing was just a rumour! I am so unupdated!

Waiting for half the site to start bashing MM for calling Lana a problem.  :dmd:

Nobody can accuse me of starting to bash him now (I started in 1996), but this is some beyond Lana-level obfuscation. 

that video was something that was done with a camera that Eli (Roth - director), who's my friend, and I both wanted to test out, so I let him test it out 

:facepalm:

The headline should be "Marilyn Manson runs crying from controversial Lana Del Rey project"

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

There's a saddest truth about all this that no one mentioned. Truth is this shows the value US and media gives to woman victims of rape or woman in general. These American websites dragged Lana to the dirty for over a year because her dad had money and invested in her career, she changed her name, did a couple plastic surgeries and wasn't authentic. A bunch of crap they repeated non stop making her "a internet joke" . That and that SNL performance. They dragged her again this year over a comment on the dead and suicide. 

Now here we are, 2014. She does something like this video with MM and Routh, intentional or not the video leaks. Incomplete or not, is disturbing because is rape just for rape, ain't art because doesn't create a discussion, ain't nothing but a rape scene. The media doesn't say A SINGLE WORD. Mainly obscure blogs/sites gave a line or 2 to the subject, nothing else.

Lip  fillers, plastic surgery, accusing an artist which is clearly authentic of not being so it's worth a fucking year of discussion. Rape and calling out for something that actually matters the reason why she chose to do it, doesn't deserve attention.

The subject is not Lana anymore, is the FUCK they give to rape victims in US. If in that video was Taylor Swift, Rihanna or Ariana I truly believe they wouldn't care either.

glgcDdT.gif

All of the stuff LDR's been accused of glamorizing (e.g. abusive relationships, and I guess with this video, rape) has been swarming in the US media lately as major news. It's eclipsed a bit by civil rights (e.g., police brutality), but it's being discussed. It's just not specifically attached to LDR as the other stuff @@Viva cites. Discussion seems to be coming more from personal experience (e.g., Lady Gaga just reported her own rape experience; as did Kesha before her).  

However, it is still necessary to consider what the negative effects of rape depiction in art is as this person does.

Maybe it's not "60 minutes", but tumblrs and blogs often do work effectively as discussion venues.

There's no one to blame but Lana and Eli. They filmed it, they knew what they were doing, they wanted to do it.

Does it really matter if there's hidden context we don't know about? Rape is rape. Like I know Lana is our favorite, but you can't defend her without also thinking rape is something that's okay. She fucked up to be honest.