Trash Magic

Father John Misty

I never heard the leak, but did hear the new album today via my purchase of the box set and the courtesy streaming it provided. It’s fucking beautiful and amazing and he really outdid himself. I love the lush production and instrumentation. And his VOICE!! Wow. I can only imagine Lana and David Lynch’s covers will be beautiful and amazing. The album will sound so lovely on vinyl. I’m so excited to get my box set in the mail!! 😀😍 again, I love it when my faves collab or somehow crossover.

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

The album sounds like those 60’s bossa nova cinematic jazz tracks I like to listen to, I really didn’t expect that. :flutter: As usual, I find it difficult to focus on the lyrics ahaha, I guess that’s because the songs themselves are so pretty. I’d like to buy a copy of the album because of the sound, but I should wait and see if it’s an album I’ll play often...

Oh, and Lana’s cover was wonderful. :flutter: I guess that’s the closest we’ll get to hear a jazzy Lana for some time.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

1 hour ago, Clampigirl said:

The album sounds like those 60’s bossa nova cinematic jazz tracks I like to listen to, I really didn’t expect that. :flutter: As usual, I find it difficult to focus on the lyrics ahaha, I guess that’s because the songs themselves are so pretty. I’d like to buy a copy of the album because of the sound, but I should wait and see if it’s an album I’ll play often...

Oh, and Lana’s cover was wonderful. :flutter: I guess that’s the closest we’ll get to hear a jazzy Lana for some time.

Really love this album as well. So dreamy,

old Hollywood cinematic :flutter:
I like how Lana’s side projects are often reminiscent of passed eras, like this cover that sounds so HM: we get something new and yet, it’s familiar, while « quenching our thirst » for a HM 2.0 or UV 2.0, or whatever album we loved from her. 

Kiss Me (I Loved You) would have fitted Lana so well :flutter: 

4 hours ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Really love this album as well. So dreamy,

old Hollywood cinematic :flutter:
I like how Lana’s side projects are often reminiscent of passed eras, like this cover that sounds so HM: we get something new and yet, it’s familiar, while « quenching our thirst » for a HM 2.0 or UV 2.0, or whatever album we loved from her. 

Kiss Me (I Loved You) would have fitted Lana so well :flutter: 

Oh yes... maybe that's why I like kiss me (I loved you) so much, haha!

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

This album is so good and honestly think it might even top I Love You, Honeybear for me due to it being a well thought out concept record. My fave tracks are Q4, Buddy's Rendezvous, Chloe, Goodbye Mr. Blue and The Next 20th Century. 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Saw him at 2 different gigs the past 4 days and I just met him after the show today! He said there are plans to commemorate the 10th anniversary of Fear Fun when I asked him

"It's 2011, and we should all be aware of exactly how fast technology is developing" - Lana Del Rey

12 hours ago, ChaoticLipster said:

The Next 20th Century is such a good song… as good as any Lana track.   

I feel like that track might be his best work right there. So much feeling in those lyrics. And that guitar solo. Amazing 

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

I'm surprised I'd never come upon this speculation about Fleet Foxes' "Mykonos", since I've been a fan of the band since day one and also have been following FJM for quite a while.

From the song's Wikipedia page: "The song is rumored to be about then-Fleet Foxes drummer Josh Tillman, now better known as Father John Misty, and his struggles with drug addiction."

From the song's Genius page: "The first chorus is saying that after all the arguments, interventions, etc., the friend will now go to Mykonos – a metaphor for a rehab center, which are often located in quiet, secluded places."

This performance with his divine back vocals towards the end surely hits a whole lot of different now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS6i920KUMw

Help I’m listening to Pure Comedy (the album) and since when it is this good? :angie: I knew two songs off of the album but decided to give the whole thing a try and I am speechless :trisha:pure art. 

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Marius said:

Help I’m listening to Pure Comedy (the album) and since when it is this good? :angie: I knew two songs off of the album but decided to give the whole thing a try and I am speechless :trisha:pure art. 

I still think Honeybear is his best closely followed by Pure Comedy, though the writing is better on the latter, the former is more melodic and more tightly composed.

BzhmW.png

3 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

Exclusive bonus tracks from the Deluxe Vinyl. If anyone wants them. :um2:

1. Kiss Me (I Loved You) [Alternate Version]

2. Kiss Me (I Loved You) [Jack Cruz Version]

3. Chloë (Instrumental)

Kiss me I love you alternate version would be the ULTIMATE LANA SONG 🔥🔥🔥🔥