Fluorine

Charli XCX

well now she's saying red and also pink but she also said something about being in a club with blue lights so it's all very confusing... Why blue lights if the music is red... And to me, red and pink are very different... Pink is Primadonna by Marina and the Diamonds. Red is something passionate and deep and real, not cheeky and girly like pink. Valentine by Charli XCX is a bit pink because it's so naive and bright and girly but also kinda sad.... Idk, red is very different than pink to me though.

I think the most "red" song on True Romance is Grins as someone else said, but the fact that it mentions "blushing so red" and rhymes with "red" quite a few times doesn't help... I don't have synesthesia so tbh I don't often see music in colors... I think lyrics play a big part, and then if the song is light or dark and serious. But red could be so many things. It's the color of passion, the color of blood and thus death, but also life, and it can be lively and bright... idk. sorry about this mumbo-jumbo speculation about what "red" music is.

Charli doesn't have many red songs... A Princess song is one for me but its like red/pink.

It will be cool if she does passionate and sexual red, bloody and sad red, elegant red and party red. And the cover must be red

<Knowles // Aitchison // Grant> 

Red... mmm I can't really think about that color when it comes to Charli music.

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I don't find any Charli's songs 'red'. Like, even Grins that everybody say it's red for me it's like a wave hitting the beach creating triangle-shaped foam with lots of colors. 1113067499.png

Yeah, that's weird.

So I was searching Illusions Of iTunes plus on google and didn't find anything (it's THAT irrelevant the song? :flop: ) so I searched on my local iTunes and didn't find it but I discovered that Just Desserts is on iTunes and I was like 'wow but why I'm gonna buy it if Charli gives it free'  :toofunny:  Sooo, someone can send me Illusions Of please? :)

I don't find any Charli's songs 'red'. Like, even Grins that everybody say it's red for me it's like a wave hitting the beach creating triangle-shaped foam with lots of colors. 1113067499.png

Yeah, that's weird.

So I was searching Illusions Of iTunes plus on google and didn't find anything (it's THAT irrelevant the song? :flop: ) so I searched on my local iTunes and didn't find it but I discovered that Just Desserts is on iTunes and I was like 'wow but why I'm gonna buy it if Charli gives it free'  :toofunny:  Sooo, someone can send me Illusions Of please? :)

I will, give me a minute and then check your Inbox :)

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde

I actually think her most "red" song of anything I've heard by her is "I don't know your name". That's why I was afraid it was new and meant for her next album. It just is very passionate and sexy and the beat reminds me of Say It Right by Nelly Furtado :P

I really see red when I hear it. Grins isn't even really red, I just think out of all the songs on true romance it fits "red" the most. The only one that I really think is totally "red" is I don't know your name.

Yeah, that's weird.

Grins is about heartbreak, so I'd say it's pretty red. She's still passionate about whoever broke her heart

BzhmW.png

I really like how she described it as "bratty"...I can totally envision that. Also that doesn't sound anything like the newly leaked songs, either. Like I was concerned she was perhaps too far in love to be creating interesting stuff :makeup:

"Mess" could be red, in my opinion. PUT IT ON THE ALBUM CHARLOTTE.

Actually yeah, Bad Romance is a good one for red, but not Poker Face imo... I think of like blue and diamonds when i think of poker face... But that just goes back to how I don't have any kind of synesthesia and honestly music isn't typically in colors for me, thus it's "color" is often highly effected by album art and music videos. When i think of Poker Face I think of the crystal sunglasses she's wearing on the cover of the Fame, and when I think of Bad Romance I think of the red lace thing.

Faves? Least faves? 

Jesuuus, idk. Everything is so good. I mean the only tracks I don't like are Train In Vain and Photography. Obviously the Save The Rhino tracks, but I still listen to all of them simply because they're Charli XCX. But True Romance, Super Ultra, Heartbreaks And Earthquakes, her unreleased, her iTunes live and her Daytrotter session are all ammmmaazzing.

Jesuuus, idk. Everything is so good. I mean the only tracks I don't like are Train In Vain and Photography. Obviously the Save The Rhino tracks, but I still listen to all of them simply because they're Charli XCX. But True Romance, Super Ultra, Heartbreaks And Earthquakes, her unreleased, her iTunes live and her Daytrotter session are all ammmmaazzing.

Agreed with pretty much everything you said there.