Fluorine

Charli XCX

Charli XCX performing 'Interior' (I don't understand what she calls it) and 'Stay Away in September 2010 lmao

oh my god she sounds terrible!  :defeated: she's amazing live now though thank god!

I didn't know Interior was being performed that long ago! I didn't even know it was that old! How did no one know this? Wouldn't someone have some forward by now and confirmed that they heard Interior live a long time ago? Or did you all know it's been performed before and I just wasn't paying attention...

Is this from her warehouse party/"rave" days? (I mean, it looks like it...)

Daily CharliBoards Topic

~ Favorite Charli musical moment ~

Mine's gotta be from "Heartbreaks and Earthquakes" at ~8:20 when the boy says "I'm sorry" in which Charli responds "He's sorry, Oh he's sorry! HE'S SORRY, HE'S SORRY?!?!?!". Like total explosion of outburst, love it! (Not to mention that So Far Away starts playing right afterwards. Truly the climax of the mixtape tbh) :P

Glow - at 1:24, the way she says "in the box of doom," and while she says it, those eerie beautiful vocal effects go UH-UH. That vocal effect throughout the song is like ghosts to me, trying to sing with her. So mesmerizing. Also, at 1:29 when she says "you're across the sea," the ghost voices are like wavering in and out, that too. And then at 1:33 right before "you know, you gave me hope," the part where the ghosts stutter with the beat. Those are the specific moments, but overall the entire song in general is magnificent.

Smile - the choruses. There's no specific thing that makes them a best musical moment, it's the choruses as a whole. The way all of the instruments glide together to make a chorus that feels like I'm sailing and flying at the same time while listening to it is just grand. I don't know of many choruses that top these tbh.

Heartbreak High - this song's bridge is superior. I still can't really understand what she's saying, but the way she says it & the effects on her voice, and just the whole backing track around create the most sonically perfect 80s pop bridge I've ever heard, from a song made in 2013. It just makes me so happy, the way she "ooh"s. The little synths going on in the left speaker as she sings the bridge are also really great.

I'll Never Know - the piano notes that appear before & after the chorus and appear throughout the song, starting at 0:58 in the left speaker. They're so beautiful and I SWEAR on my life that she is paying homage to Final Fantasy X in using those notes. There's a town called Besaid in that game & its theme uses the same notes in the same melody. It's basically the same thing. So this song always reminds me of that game (which I love very much) and makes it so wonderful to me.

Stay Away - the entire bridge. The way the song breaks down and the buzzing synth gets so heavy kills me. It gives me goosebumps almost every time. The vocal delivery during the bridge is also really void and entrancing to me. She sounds empty and cold during that part. Also, the refrain of "stay away" after the second chorus is very unsettling in a good way & really sets the mood for the beautifully eerie bridge. It's a gorgeous song.

Black Roses - The intro, up to 0:13 before she starts singing. There's a high pitched screeching noise that accompanies the buzzing synths or w/e that REALLY put me into the atmosphere of the song. It comes back after the first chorus too, and with the vocal delivery of verse two, it makes for a really mystifying musical moment! :cuteface:

Lock You Up - The choruses are grand. I love the way the synths are high in the right speaker and low in the left. Together, along with her static-y vocals, it makes for a really atmospheric sound in the chorus that really takes me places. If I ever do acid I must remember to listen to this song during the trip tbh. :hooker: :cuteface: :cuteface:

14417469274.gif

Does anyone have Heartbreaks and Earthquakes and Super Ultra? plz :icant:

You can get the first one by signing up to her mailing list on her website. I'd send you the other but I'm on mobile. Did you google it?...

14417469274.gif

You can get the first one by signing up to her mailing list on her website. I'd send you the other but I'm on mobile. Did you google it?...

Yeah I got them, Heartbreaks and Earthquakes when I subscribed her - thanks for the hint :) - and Super Ultra after some deeper digging...

Honestly I love this song a lot, but it sounds like a demo for True Romance, not even an out-take.

I actually just remembered that it's 2012 - that's the year it was listed under on Rick's site. I don't feel like it sounds like an outtake though. :O

14417469274.gif

"You're rich now...because of Icona Pop?" GOD lmao.

Lol yeah the way he worded that was really insulting... English clearly isn't his first language though so I doubt it was intentional. I love how then she was like "yeah, I'm LUCKY I wrote that song" haha

I can't believe Interior was performed waaaay back, it's a cool song but thank god it's not in TR.

I'm so ready for her next album (or even a new mixtape) I mean, I really LOVE TR but it's a shame that most of the album is not new, at least she reworked some tracks  :P

Hikaru Utada • BANKS • Rina Sawayama • Aly & AJ • MARINA • Björk • Kate Bush • Marion Ravn • Carly Rae Jepsen •
Hilary Duff • Charli XCX • The Cardigans • Mitski • Phoebe Bridgers • Allie X • Caroline Polachek • Meg & Dia • Dia Frampton • Olivia Lufkin • Poppy • Grimes • Melanie Martinez • Lana Del Rey • Bat for Lashes • Ayumi Hamasaki  • Paramore • Hayley Williams • Evanescence/Amy Lee • ACO • LIGHTS • Alexz Johnson • Avril Lavigne • Florrie • Flyleaf/Lacey Sturm • Tove Lo • Sky Ferreira • HANA • Daine • Foxes • CHVRCHES • Lorde