Fluorine

Charli XCX

At the end of the day- Sams voice actually sounds the best out of them both on the song- Charlis vox needed better production- the song was fine, she has Many songs which are worse in comparison- she has also has tons of great ones which this doesn’t reach

I can't believe we're in the year of our Lorde 2023 and we still don't have a Charli x Arca collab its just something that you would've assumed happened years ago and we all know it would be peak its not a want its a need 

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif

i've said something along these lines before but this fanbase is so miserable, like its the same thing every time she releases anything that's not AG_PC_beat_v426 because some of you see her as a vessel for his production and not an actual artist herself.

Anyways I like the song, i'm a sucker for a piano house beat and I really like Sam's ad-libs in the final chorus, but my one critique is that the song itself feels pieced together and a little choppy,. like the struggled to get the first chorus, post chorus, and sam's verse to flow right. I hope it gets the remix treatment I'd like to hear what some DJs could do with it.

3 minutes ago, Voignamir said:

well... in the city release overshadowed what's really important and that's the ig pic of her and yung lean AND caroline polachek like?? if there's something you want to tell us ma'am please do :oprah3: @Nigel Hitch babe wake up this is huge

what's happening? im just ignoring In The City:oprah3:

I think the song is a bit boring, but it’s not the worst song she’s ever made or released and let’s not start arguing about what song that is. if it leaked no context I would have assumed it was an unfinished demo. like others have said I hope it gets a decent remix but if not she does have like 500 other songs and an album on the way so

33 minutes ago, KillForLove said:

every time she releases anything that's not AG_PC_beat_v426

This is the only section that I am focusing on because seriously most of that shit just sounds like this to my ears and I deadass think some people here want this meme to be reality:

https://www.tiktok.com/@tuna_comic/video/6995673640712948998

Like if you look at the bitch's career from 14 until now, released and unreleased, she seems to want to go across tons of genres, sounds, and styles, and run the gamut from emotional/personal content to "lets just do coke and drink WOOO!!!"

If she wants to drop generic club dance poppers piano house, then she's gonna. If she wants to do generic PC music trap beat she's gonna. If she wants to do some rock-punk inspired shit, she's gonna.

Like, you don't have to eat everything an artist shits out. They're suppose to be appreciated organically for the things they do that you like, and passed on for the things that you don't, and if one side of the scale has more on it than the other, that's supposed to be the hand that guides your opinion.

https://i.imgur.com/bErPX2C.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/eg66WzZ.pnghttps://i.imgur.com/T4h12ME.png
đŸŽ¶Â Art decorates space, but music decorates timeÂ đŸŽ¶

3 hours ago, KillForLove said:

i've said something along these lines before but this fanbase is so miserable, like its the same thing every time she releases anything that's not AG_PC_beat_v426 because some of you see her as a vessel for his production and not an actual artist herself.

ughhh i’m so tired of this disingenuous argument, this conversation always comes up because charli struggles to be receptive to negative feedback and makes it everyone else’s problem. it has nothing to do with seeing her as a “vessel” or being “miserable” or whatever you’re talking about
 i’ve been a fan for over a decade and i have enjoyed most of what she’s released, crash for example is completely generic and i love it. the vast majority of artists i listen to are not hyperpop, i’m capable of enjoying other music. in my opinion in the city is just not a good song;  the melody is boring, the writing is boring, it’s not good. it wouldn’t be any better if it were pcm. she’s got dozens of leaks with even weaker production that don’t even have lyrics, just 3 minutes of mumbling and nonsense and they still manage to be catchier than this. stop parrotting this point about how everyone hates anything that’s not beep bop boop when in reality it’s just because people think the music is bad. if you like the song then cool other people are entitled to disagree. moving on

21 minutes ago, lonely lonely night said:

ughhh i’m so tired of this disingenuous argument, this conversation always comes up because charli struggles to be receptive to negative feedback and makes it everyone else’s problem. it has nothing to do with seeing her as a “vessel” or being “miserable” or whatever you’re talking about
 i’ve been a fan for over a decade and i have enjoyed most of what she’s released, crash for example is completely generic and i love it. the vast majority of artists i listen to are not hyperpop, i’m capable of enjoying other music. in my opinion in the city is just not a good song;  the melody is boring, the writing is boring, it’s not good. it wouldn’t be any better if it were pcm. she’s got dozens of leaks with even weaker production that don’t even have lyrics, just 3 minutes of mumbling and nonsense and they still manage to be catchier than this. stop parrotting this point about how everyone hates anything that’s not beep bop boop when in reality it’s just because people think the music is bad. if you like the song then cool other people are entitled to disagree. moving on

Agree ^^

2 hours ago, lonely lonely night said:

. it has nothing to do with seeing her as a “vessel” or being “miserable” or whatever you’re talking about
 i’ve been a fan for over a decade and i have enjoyed most of what she’s released, crash for example is completely generic and i love it. the vast majority of artists i listen to are not hyperpop, i’m capable of enjoying other music. in my opinion in the city is just not a good song;  

real cuz i tbh do not even like hyperpop and prefer more generic charli, crash is my most streamed album 

the issue isn’t that it’s “not ag”, the issue is that it’s Not Good

like it is literally as simple as that 😭 no need to come up with weird excuses as to why we don’t like it

10 hours ago, KillForLove said:

Anyways I like the song, i'm a sucker for a piano house beat and I really like Sam's ad-libs in the final chorus, but my one critique is that the song itself feels pieced together and a little choppy,. like the struggled to get the first chorus, post chorus, and sam's verse to flow right. I hope it gets the remix treatment I'd like to hear what some DJs could do with it.

SO CLOSE!! i see her as a vessel for patrik berger production:P

lol kidding obv, but for reals i have no problem w the new track like other critics ig, its never rly here genre fluid take i have a problem with. i have a problem with her rarely revisiting (concepts ig i dont have a word?) the places she took songwriting and emotion too! i.e. the dread of mess, the desperation of candyfloss, the fragility of kick you out.. i could go on. i love her discography all round and we all really should at the end of the day, however for me i gravitate towards a bunch of random tracks scattered all over, i mean honestly heavy on the TR days. but still, even ‘i think about it all the time’ is like what im describing.. that song is BEAUUTIFUL and so so precious why are u all ripping eyeballs out over a club collab when this next record could be what she does best, some serious artistry! Lol like clockwork w some angels. anyways thats my piece going stream rhinestone hearts :party: