Fluorine

Charli XCX

I'd argue that the Vroom Vroom EP was pretty ground breaking, I mean, I certainly did not expect a pop singer like her to drop something like that at the time.  

And if anything, I feel like Number 1 Angel and Pop 2  absolutely felt  like the PC Music crew bending to her creative vision and playing it a lot safer than you'd expect them to (save for a few tracks)as opposed to Vroom Vroom which clearly felt like SOPHIE doing whatever the hell she wanted and Charli just rolling with it.

she's always been a different breed of pop star though that's what people are forgetting, boom clap was the start of her becoming a mainstream pop star with no alt elements but Charli would always need an outlet for her less mainstream endeavours and there's where the mixtape idea fits in.

Vroom Vroom is incredible - don’t get me wrong. But why do you guys consider it her best work when it’s just a 4 track EP? Like compared to full albums? I dunno, I just can’t really compare them in that sense. Vroom Vroom the SONG is definitely one of her best released songs, but the whole EP well idk about that! :hooker:

14417469274.gif

Maybe being just a *4-track* project is exactly the reason why it's her best work. There's no fillers, it's fully consistent and mainly produced by one (genius) producer. It's also super unique compared to her other albums/mixtapes. VV was the beggining of the most important era in Charli's career. She's THAT bitch.

idk the EP as a whole was pretty innovative in terms of genre imo (especially for the time that it came out)

it's like dark electronic, bass-y, mysterious, but still combines elements of sugar coated bubble gum pop

to me, it makes an even greater impact because it has fewer tracks, but remains some of the best (and undoubtedly critically underrated) work from her + SOPHIE. sometimes less is more.

Screen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-1-23-58-AM.pngScreen-Shot-2019-06-08-at-1-19-10-AM.png

vroom vroom is her best work honestly

imagine going from sucker to THAT

the talent, the excellence 

the day she premiered trophy i STANNED

it would be hard for her to top that she almost did with pop 2 but idk sis

But that was my point  :toofunny: Like she did Vroom Vroom but then didn't really develop it any further - so I'd quite like her to try something new or maybe take the PC influences a little further.

Vroom Vroom is amazing never been done before showstopping innovative enigmatic skinny but Paradise lets it down I cannot stand that song it sounds like a bad DDR song from the 90's 

d63yq15-3111241c-203c-4c68-b6a1-861d09a7